It's all a bit doom and gloom.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Stoke Bloke
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Erm......Stoke surprisingly. Thats the rough bit between Manchester and Birmingham.

It's all a bit doom and gloom.

Post by Stoke Bloke » 31 Jul 2022, 13:43

Ok now that I've had a little time to digest Fridays awful performance I thought I'd offer a little perspective on what seems to be a negative response regarding the rest of our season.

Certainly Friday was a horror show and yet was it completely unexpected?. The players had obviously bought into the 1/4 favourites tag and seemed to be of the attitude that they just had to turn up, throw it around a little, put in a little biff and hey presto, it was all going to smooth sailing.

Watching the game on TV with my Port Vale and Wakefield supporting friend (yes he's just had the weekend of his life) I turned after 5 minutes and said "You're going to win this. We aren't mentally switched on." He instantly bet me a tenner that Wakie would lose and I snapped his hand off eager to pay him out if Cas won. Alas, I won a tenner as Cas proved my fears correct. However, is it grounds for ripping up contracts, getting rid of players and settling for rebuilding towards next season?

No, top 6 is still in our own hands. Yes we have a run in that is not easy but we have a solid steady squad, a coach who appears to be getting more out of the players (I thought Lee Radford would flop at Cas so I owe him an apology) and a desire to play exciting rugby.

Whether we make top 6 is another question but I don't think that there can be too many supporters who wouldn't feel that the product we've been given this season is way ahead of last years offering and that the future looks bright.

Friday was one of those situations that just happen in sport, always have, always will. There's no need for witch hunts or the blame game, all 17 are wearing the shirt, all 17 are culpable, and it's they who get the chance to put it right.

We are not Saints, we are not Wigan, We will never compete consistantly at the very top table. We will have seasons when we compete for top 4, we will have seasons when we will struggle to make top 6, occasionally we will look to have a great cup run.

Some of the postings following Fridays debacle would have you thinking we were on the trapdoor to oblivion (or Barrow as it's usually known). A little perspective eh guys and girls yeah, oh and look on the bright side you could always have a Stoke City season ticket for the new season.

Oh boy when I have a bad weekend I really have a bad weekend.

Live, laugh, Love.

Stokie.
BE LOYAL BE LOUD BE CAS.

John 3:16

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: It's all a bit doom and gloom.

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 31 Jul 2022, 14:23

Absolutely. Well said Stokie

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 31 Jul 2022, 14:33

Seconded Stokie Boy !!

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 31 Jul 2022, 14:36

Completely agree. Friday was their cup final and they were up for it big time. But You can only get yourself up for games like that a couple of times a season. They were quicker in all aspects of the game because of that so we never really got going. I doubt they'll be able to play like that again this season. That's the nature of competitive sport and why we all turn up each week.

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 31 Jul 2022, 16:12

I was waiting a few days to reflect, but Stokie has pretty much said everything I was going to and more.

Leeds got beat by Toulouse then hammered Wigan week after, it's a weird league this season, not all is lost.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 31 Jul 2022, 16:18

This afternoon is carrying that trend on!

DebH
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by DebH » 31 Jul 2022, 16:26

And that’s why we still love the game, watching other teams score line like today and hope against hope we can put in a performance On Friday. We probably won’t win but at least show up and give them a game.

DebH
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by DebH » 31 Jul 2022, 16:35

Sorry meant Sunday. Forgot it had moved for C4