[Match Discussion] Wakefield up next

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: [Match Discussion] Wakefield up next

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Jul 2022, 13:06

mdean wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 12:45 I do worry about some of our number (in the ground, not in this conversation) in discussion about "a hostile atmosphere" not trying to pick a bicker on here, but often seems to get out of hand for some.

I didn't care for my own experience in the past at Wakey, but it wasn't them who relegated us, it was playing too poorly for too long, that was the output point. I am largely ambivalent to their travails myself. Merely delighted we have the luxury of looking up not down.

History is just that! We do lose something not playing our nearest neighbours, Toulouse isn't the same.
For a start we lose what is normally 4 points a season!

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 27 Jul 2022, 14:57

Mamo
Fariamo
Sutcliffe
Fonua
Olpherts
Richardson
Eden
Watts
Mcshane
Griffin
Edward's
Milner
Westerman

Matagi
Smith
Lawler
Robb

Would probably be mine.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 27 Jul 2022, 17:01

mdean wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 12:45 History is just that! We do lose something not playing our nearest neighbours, Toulouse isn't the same.
What do you feel we lose?

Cas v Wakey hasn't been a proper derby in years now. Whether that's to do with the 17 game unbeaten streak, or the fact both teams are going in different directions in the league every year. At least years ago when both clubs were terrible and would linger at the bottom of the league, at least it was more of an even contest.

There's no excitement to playing them like there is vs Leeds. Their fans don't travel well to our place when we play at home and it's usually a flat atmosphere for a supposed battle of the city.

There's just nothing this game offers that would see me sad to lose it.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Jul 2022, 17:39

i have seen these games before when we think its going to be easy we come away with egg on our faces , i hope the lads are switched on from the KO

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 27 Jul 2022, 17:45

gateman wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 17:39 i have seen these games before when we think its going to be easy we come away with egg on our faces , i hope the lads are switched on from the KO
yes this game could be a banana skin alright, we need to gerintoem

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 27 Jul 2022, 20:04

Smash em from ko to 80th minute 👊🐯COYF

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas Cohen » 27 Jul 2022, 20:59

heritage1926 wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 17:01
mdean wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 12:45 History is just that! We do lose something not playing our nearest neighbours, Toulouse isn't the same.

Cas v Wakey hasn't been a proper derby in years now. Whether that's to do with the 17 game unbeaten streak, or the fact both teams are going in different directions in the league every year. At least years ago when both clubs were terrible and would linger at the bottom of the league, at least it was more of an even contest.

There's no excitement to playing them like there is vs Leeds. Their fans don't travel well to our place when we play at home and it's usually a flat atmosphere for a supposed battle of the city.

I have to agree. I just see them as another game tbh. Leeds is the big one, probably look forward to playing Wigan, Saints and even Warrington more than Wakey too. If they go down then it will be sad to see, but only themselves to blame.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 27 Jul 2022, 21:54

Wakefield recent signing Jorge Taufua has suffered a season-ending injury just two matches into his Wakey life.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Jul 2022, 22:21

jackknife wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 21:54 Wakefield recent signing Jorge Taufua has suffered a season-ending injury just two matches into his Wakey life.
Wasn’t Sunday his debut?

Edit - it was his home debut

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 28 Jul 2022, 12:19

Just goes to show how different individuals view it differently, personally I enjoy the Wakey derbies, go to their place most years, generally a cracking atmosphere at their spot with the Cas away support. Also seem to remember we have had some good crowds at home watching them at ours in recent years, with some really good games.

Probably enjoy these more than the Whinos games to be honest, but then thats just me, each to their own.

Certainly look forward to the Wakey derby than I would Toulouse home and away.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 28 Jul 2022, 15:18

Fumper27 wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 12:27 My 17 would be:

Jason Qareqare
Derrell Olpherts
Mahe Fonua
Jake Mamo
Bureta Faraimo
Greg Eden
Danny Richardson
George Griffin
Paul McShane
George Lawler
Kenny Edwards
Alex Sutcliffe
Joe Westerman

Liam Watts
Adam Milner
Daniel Smith
Suaia Matagi

Brad Martin
Cain Robb
Kieran Hudson

Although I am intrigued to see what Kieran Hudson is like.
Just seen this, im assuming its the same person, although has been spelt differently.

Kieron Hudson – Whitehaven – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Jul 2022, 15:43

jackknife wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 15:18

Jason Qareqare
Derrell Olpherts
Mahe Fonua
Jake Mamo
Bureta Faraimo
Greg Eden
Danny Richardson
George Griffin
Paul McShane
George Lawler
Kenny Edwards
Alex Sutcliffe
Joe Westerman

Liam Watts
Adam Milner
Daniel Smith
Suaia Matagi

Brad Martin
Cain Robb
Kieran Hudson

Just seen this, im assuming its the same person, although has been spelt differently.

Whitehaven only had one player called “Hudson” at the weekend so I guess it is him

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Jul 2022, 16:44

for me Sutciffe in the centre and Mamo to full back

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 28 Jul 2022, 17:46

gateman wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 16:44 for me Sutciffe in the centre and Mamo to full back
Agreed I think it will be that aswell

Surreycasfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Surreycasfan » 28 Jul 2022, 22:09

westyorkylad wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 12:19

Just goes to show how different individuals view it differently, personally I enjoy the Wakey derbies, go to their place most years, generally a cracking atmosphere at their spot with the Cas away support. Also seem to remember we have had some good crowds at home watching them at ours in recent years, with some really good games.

Probably enjoy these more than the Whinos games to be honest, but then thats just me, each to their own.

Certainly look forward to the Wakey derby than I would Toulouse home and away.
If you’d been to Toulouse away you would never say this

tigertragic
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigertragic » 29 Jul 2022, 07:30

jackknife wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 15:18

Jason Qareqare
Derrell Olpherts
Mahe Fonua
Jake Mamo
Bureta Faraimo
Greg Eden
Danny Richardson
George Griffin
Paul McShane
George Lawler
Kenny Edwards
Alex Sutcliffe
Joe Westerman

Liam Watts
Adam Milner
Daniel Smith
Suaia Matagi

Brad Martin
Cain Robb
Kieran Hudson

The disciplinary committee heard that Kieron was touted as the new Liam Watts.....

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Jul 2022, 08:47

mdean wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 12:45 I do worry about some of our number (in the ground, not in this conversation) in discussion about "a hostile atmosphere" not trying to pick a bicker on here, but often seems to get out of hand for some.

I didn't care for my own experience in the past at Wakey, but it wasn't them who relegated us, it was playing too poorly for too long, that was the output point. I am largely ambivalent to their travails myself. Merely delighted we have the luxury of looking up not down.

History is just that! We do lose something not playing our nearest neighbours, Toulouse isn't the same.
Yes I'd rather play Wakey two local derby's 100 % than Toulouse but I will never forgot that last time they sent us down and there fans loving every minute of our misery if Toulouse win tonight and we beat them I will be ' Over the moon '
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 29 Jul 2022, 11:17

For those who like good omens today is International Tiger Day (yes it’s a thing!). Make it count boys!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 29 Jul 2022, 11:42

This rain and wet weather is the only thing that could be their saving grace this evening. They have to throw everything they've got at us and I don't even think that's good enough to beat us.

If they lose to us tonight and Toulouse beat FC it's curtains for them. Toulouse also play KR next week who are again missing 10+ players. That would be a 4 point gap with a superior points difference. Wakey aren't winning 3 more games this season. It would be Sweet Caroline for them.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 29 Jul 2022, 12:00

Regardless of the relative merits of the derby, or the merits of Toulouse and Wakefield - it is a pleasant place to be given where we started from to be thinking about play-off ramifications and not looking down.

For me, as many have said, put Mamo to FB and make the fewest possible changes.... They will start really fast, they have to. If we are within 10 points at HT then I think when the emotion ebbs away, we will still win.

As others have said, the ramifications tonight if Toulouse can sneak a win and Wakey don't could be great. While they're level on points I think Wakey will get by, but a 2 point gap would be difficult to get 2 more clear wins than Toulouse with the rank points difference.