Fixtures

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 871
Joined: 06 Jun 2019, 19:27
Contact:

Fixtures

Post by Tigers1926 » 21 Jul 2022, 17:23

How does the rfl expect supporters to afford the expense to follow their club (Cas Tigers) in this instance? Last 6 games were 4 at home and 2 away, and they were Toulouse away and the magic weekend!! Cas, like many towns doesn't really have much spare money to be able to follow their team home and away, especially at the minute with the man-made cost of living crisis, and surely the best way to help supporters, is to be home and away alternatively. How hard can it be?? Sure, some supporters will be able to afford it, but I'm sure, home and away alternatively would be the best way. 🤞

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4743
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by gateman » 21 Jul 2022, 17:40

a darts and doms ream could arrange the fixtures better people keep pointing out some of the teams in super league are lodgers so teams have to work around them

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 871
Joined: 06 Jun 2019, 19:27
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Tigers1926 » 21 Jul 2022, 18:03

What could be simpler than home, away, home, away, home, away?? Could it be possible that this farce is purposely organised to the detriment of certain clubs who are not kissing the rfl's backside?? (Allegedly) I for one think it is possible, but that is purely imo 🤔

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11596
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Jul 2022, 18:31

You budget accordingly. Simple as. Not the RFL fault if people can’t manage their money

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 256
Joined: 24 Dec 2018, 14:08
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 21 Jul 2022, 18:59

Fumper27 wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 18:31 You budget accordingly. Simple as. Not the RFL fault if people can’t manage their money

Pmsl I really fail to undestand some peoples mentality

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11596
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Jul 2022, 19:21

Tell me about it. People who blame everyone else for their ills or those who can’t make a simple decision on what’s more important, basics or watching Cas, really get on my pip as well…😉

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 871
Joined: 06 Jun 2019, 19:27
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Tigers1926 » 21 Jul 2022, 19:22

Nowt like kicking people while they're down and struggling to make ends meet with the sh*t show that's going on!!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11596
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Jul 2022, 19:26

Not doing that at all. It’s aimed at those who don’t cut their cloths accordingly. I’ve had to do so, like everyone else. It is about prioritising. Yes, cas have had a lot of home games, Toulouse away and the Magic weekend but people have to be responsible enough to admit they can’t do everything.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 871
Joined: 06 Jun 2019, 19:27
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Tigers1926 » 21 Jul 2022, 19:58

That's why I'm suggesting that the rfl could do better with the fixtures Fumper. 3 or 4 home games on the bounce is not good for some who can only afford the home games, and being a home game every other week would be a lot better than so many on the bounce, even for those who are really trying their best to budget. There are gonna be some very tough decisions to be made in the not too distant future, and not just by those who are struggling at the best of times. Having said that, I don't think the rfl have ever thought much about those who pay to watch RL..

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4743
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by gateman » 21 Jul 2022, 20:56

Tigers1926 wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 19:58 That's why I'm suggesting that the rfl could do better with the fixtures Fumper. 3 or 4 home games on the bounce is not good for some who can only afford the home games, and being a home game every other week would be a lot better than so many on the bounce, even for those who are really trying their best to budget. There are gonna be some very tough decisions to be made in the not too distant future, and not just by those who are struggling at the best of times. Having said that, I don't think the rfl have ever thought much about those who pay to watch RL..
Well said mate, a lot of sense there, is it in anyones interest to test their pockets

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11596
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Jul 2022, 21:19

How stupid of the RFL not to realise when the fixtures were released in November 2021, that the country would be in the midst of a cost of living crisis…😉

Let’s not forget some clubs are at the behest on their ground owners (Wigan, Hull, Huddersfield) as to when home games can be played.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 871
Joined: 06 Jun 2019, 19:27
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Tigers1926 » 21 Jul 2022, 21:37

Perhaps there should be a mini league for those clubs who are obviously a inconvenience to their footballing paymasters, and I dare say it's not coincidental that those clubs have higher ticket prices 🤔

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 759
Joined: 31 Mar 2011, 12:13
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by orrsome » 21 Jul 2022, 22:02

Fumper27 wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 21:19 How stupid of the RFL not to realise when the fixtures were released in November 2021, that the country would be in the midst of a cost of living crisis…😉

Let’s not forget some clubs are at the behest on their ground owners (Wigan, Hull, Huddersfield) as to when home games can be played.
you really are an argumentative so & so

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1610
Joined: 20 Jun 2016, 08:47
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by cogito ergo sum » 22 Jul 2022, 07:58

Couldn’t season ticket holders spread the cost?
I assume if fans didn’t get season tickets they intended to miss games anyway?

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4743
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by gateman » 22 Jul 2022, 08:30

spreading the cost of season tickets is a great idea it as brought them in the reach of a good number of people who have a monthly income,

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11596
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Jul 2022, 08:42

cogito ergo sum wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 07:58 Couldn’t season ticket holders spread the cost?
I assume if fans didn’t get season tickets they intended to miss games anyway?
Stop talking common sense cogito, it’s not allowed on here.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5941
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jul 2022, 09:05

Fumper27 wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 08:42
cogito ergo sum wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 07:58 Couldn’t season ticket holders spread the cost?
I assume if fans didn’t get season tickets they intended to miss games anyway?
Stop talking common sense cogito, it’s not allowed on here.
Are you having a five minute argument or the full half hour?

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 256
Joined: 24 Dec 2018, 14:08
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 22 Jul 2022, 09:10

It'll be rate soon. All the scroungers and dead heads will be getting a 1200 quid bonus at Christmas. Don't worry about people doing 50 60 70 hours a week and still struggling they'll pay more tax to give to them. Sorry fir the rant but this country boils my [REMOVED] sometimes

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 871
Joined: 06 Jun 2019, 19:27
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Tigers1926 » 22 Jul 2022, 09:47

Opening a can of worms there Derbyshire 😬

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 256
Joined: 24 Dec 2018, 14:08
Contact:

Re: Fixtures

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 22 Jul 2022, 10:08

Yeah sorry might have been better on a different thread. I know some people deserve all the help but I regularly do up to 70 hours a week and am really feeling the pinch. It just seems the more you try the less you get. Seems the government seem the think poverty is only for them on benefits

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Bing [Bot], BradfordTiger, Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot], the happy hooker9 and 13 guests