Blair

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3028
Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 15:27
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Jul 2022, 13:41

old cas lass wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 13:08 Don’t matter how much he’s on.
He’s been below average, might have had the odd decent game.
The odd decent game is not enough in nearly 3 years.
Could be on 20 30 40 50 100k
Just as not cut the mustard for me.
He's on over 100k and so is Feki.

User avatar
jackknife
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4422
Joined: 07 Jul 2011, 17:28
Location: york
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by jackknife » 19 Jul 2022, 13:52

I dont think blair has been as bad a signing as everyone makes out, yes he came with massive expectations and never really got going in centre but i think he had some good games in back row at start of last season.

I think hes solid defensively just doesn't offer much in attack for his size. I definitely wouldn't have him anywhere near my 10 worst signings.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11634
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Jul 2022, 14:52

heritage1926 wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 13:41
old cas lass wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 13:08 Don’t matter how much he’s on.
He’s been below average, might have had the odd decent game.
The odd decent game is not enough in nearly 3 years.
Could be on 20 30 40 50 100k
Just as not cut the mustard for me.
He's on over 100k and so is Feki.
Can I ask how you know?

KB80
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2224
Joined: 04 Mar 2013, 19:58
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by KB80 » 19 Jul 2022, 15:01

tigerfeat wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 11:58
KB80 wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 09:43 Think Blair has done a decent job in both the Catalan game and the Wire game (until his brain explosion obviously).

He certainly tightened the right edge up (whilst on the field) in both games. Personally I'd rather have him available for selection than not.

Obviously not retaining him is the right decision but he could still have some part to play for me this year.
I agree he's looked solid in his last two games until he got sent off I've never doubted defensively he was OK just not got the spark we hoped for when we signed him
True re his attack, although seemed to make some meters in the last two games hes played. I think right edge defence is extremely important, no point creating/scoring a try to gove one away through soft defence. It also helps Richardson to have decent defenders around him. Which is my worry when Mamo returns for Blair and why I could see Blair still having something to offer this year.

That been said Mellor looks to be standing up well and Fariamo is better defensively than Olpherts so hopefully the 4 of them can hold there own.

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4766
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by gateman » 19 Jul 2022, 15:11

Mellor as been a good signing both in defence and attack we must give him some credit for tightening up the middle i can not see why Leeds have let him go

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2252
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by Mucky1978 » 19 Jul 2022, 15:17

heritage1926 wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 13:41
old cas lass wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 13:08 Don’t matter how much he’s on.
He’s been below average, might have had the odd decent game.
The odd decent game is not enough in nearly 3 years.
Could be on 20 30 40 50 100k
Just as not cut the mustard for me.
He's on over 100k and so is Feki.
Yep they are.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11634
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Jul 2022, 16:10

gateman wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 15:11 Mellor as been a good signing both in defence and attack we must give him some credit for tightening up the middle i can not see why Leeds have let him go
Agree there mate. He looked a player at Huddersfield but seemed to lose his way a bit at Leeds. Hopefully he can continue in the manner that he started his Castleford career

fords
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3828
Joined: 18 May 2007, 08:40
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by fords » 19 Jul 2022, 19:45

Mucky1978 wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 15:17
heritage1926 wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 13:41
old cas lass wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 13:08 Don’t matter how much he’s on.
He’s been below average, might have had the odd decent game.
The odd decent game is not enough in nearly 3 years.
Could be on 20 30 40 50 100k
Just as not cut the mustard for me.
He's on over 100k and so is Feki.
Yep they are.
cas accountants on here or we got 2 new agents ...

User avatar
StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 694
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 15:52
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by StevieTheTV » 20 Jul 2022, 07:36

jackknife wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 13:52 I dont think blair has been as bad a signing as everyone makes out, yes he came with massive expectations and never really got going in centre but i think he had some good games in back row at start of last season.

I think hes solid defensively just doesn't offer much in attack for his size. I definitely wouldn't have him anywhere near my 10 worst signings.
Agree with this, hes been nowhere near as bad as people are making out. Hes provided much better value for money than Feki and has at least contributed to results over the last 3 years.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 276
Joined: 12 Apr 2022, 08:19
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by Cas Cohen » 21 Jul 2022, 08:53

StevieTheTV wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 07:36
jackknife wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 13:52 I dont think blair has been as bad a signing as everyone makes out, yes he came with massive expectations and never really got going in centre but i think he had some good games in back row at start of last season.

I think hes solid defensively just doesn't offer much in attack for his size. I definitely wouldn't have him anywhere near my 10 worst signings.
Agree with this, hes been nowhere near as bad as people are making out. Hes provided much better value for money than Feki and has at least contributed to results over the last 3 years.
He's gradually got worse, but he's definitely not as bad as some are making out. At the start everyone was loving him if I remember rightly?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5963
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Jul 2022, 09:09

Cas Cohen wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 08:53
StevieTheTV wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 07:36
jackknife wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 13:52 I dont think blair has been as bad a signing as everyone makes out, yes he came with massive expectations and never really got going in centre but i think he had some good games in back row at start of last season.

I think hes solid defensively just doesn't offer much in attack for his size. I definitely wouldn't have him anywhere near my 10 worst signings.
Agree with this, hes been nowhere near as bad as people are making out. Hes provided much better value for money than Feki and has at least contributed to results over the last 3 years.
He's gradually got worse, but he's definitely not as bad as some are making out. At the start everyone was loving him if I remember rightly?
Mainly for his reputation, like Feki, Joe Wardle and so many more

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 276
Joined: 12 Apr 2022, 08:19
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by Cas Cohen » 22 Jul 2022, 10:37

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 09:09
Cas Cohen wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 08:53
StevieTheTV wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 07:36
jackknife wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 13:52 I dont think blair has been as bad a signing as everyone makes out, yes he came with massive expectations and never really got going in centre but i think he had some good games in back row at start of last season.

I think hes solid defensively just doesn't offer much in attack for his size. I definitely wouldn't have him anywhere near my 10 worst signings.
Agree with this, hes been nowhere near as bad as people are making out. Hes provided much better value for money than Feki and has at least contributed to results over the last 3 years.
He's gradually got worse, but he's definitely not as bad as some are making out. At the start everyone was loving him if I remember rightly?
Mainly for his reputation, like Feki, Joe Wardle and so many more
I mean that is a harsh comparison. He's been better than those two.

User avatar
westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Dec 2006, 13:23
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by westyorkylad » 22 Jul 2022, 12:14

Think you can sum Blair up as solid and workmanlike, not really what we are looking for from one of our overseas quota spots. He is by no means one of or anywhere near one of the worst we have brought over, because there have been some very, very bad ones in the 30+ years I have watched Cas.

In the final analysis though ask yourself this, if he was any good, where are the Super League or NRL clubs that are negotiating with him for next year as a player who has been publicised by the club as not being retained?

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4766
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by gateman » 22 Jul 2022, 12:57

Blair hardly impressed nothing near the player we were supposed to have signed, both our coaches have not seen much in the lad only playing him when we were down to the bare bones, time over again would we have signed him i think not,

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1612
Joined: 20 Jun 2016, 08:47
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by cogito ergo sum » 22 Jul 2022, 13:51

Stating the obvious I know, but we are placed at great disadvantage by not having two quality Imports. Look at Wigan for example, all we talk about is French and Field. Salford Lolahia and Croft, etc etc. Let’s hope this chapter ends this season.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3028
Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 15:27
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by heritage1926 » 22 Jul 2022, 14:03

cogito ergo sum wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 13:51 Stating the obvious I know, but we are placed at great disadvantage by not having two quality Imports. Look at Wigan for example, all we talk about is French and Field. Salford Lolahia and Croft, etc etc. Let’s hope this chapter ends this season.
Lolohea plays for Huddersfield.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1612
Joined: 20 Jun 2016, 08:47
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by cogito ergo sum » 22 Jul 2022, 14:14

Yes, sorry! Look at Huddersfield Lolohea and Leutele…

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5963
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jul 2022, 14:22

Cas Cohen wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 10:37
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 09:09
Cas Cohen wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 08:53
StevieTheTV wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 07:36
jackknife wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 13:52 I dont think blair has been as bad a signing as everyone makes out, yes he came with massive expectations and never really got going in centre but i think he had some good games in back row at start of last season.

I think hes solid defensively just doesn't offer much in attack for his size. I definitely wouldn't have him anywhere near my 10 worst signings.
Agree with this, hes been nowhere near as bad as people are making out. Hes provided much better value for money than Feki and has at least contributed to results over the last 3 years.
He's gradually got worse, but he's definitely not as bad as some are making out. At the start everyone was loving him if I remember rightly?
Mainly for his reputation, like Feki, Joe Wardle and so many more
I mean that is a harsh comparison. He's been better than those two.
Don’t remember everyone loving him for his playing particularly though, more for reputation and expectation

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 276
Joined: 12 Apr 2022, 08:19
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by Cas Cohen » 25 Jul 2022, 09:22

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 14:22
Cas Cohen wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 10:37
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 09:09
Cas Cohen wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 08:53
StevieTheTV wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 07:36

Agree with this, hes been nowhere near as bad as people are making out. Hes provided much better value for money than Feki and has at least contributed to results over the last 3 years.
He's gradually got worse, but he's definitely not as bad as some are making out. At the start everyone was loving him if I remember rightly?
Mainly for his reputation, like Feki, Joe Wardle and so many more
I mean that is a harsh comparison. He's been better than those two.
Don’t remember everyone loving him for his playing particularly though, more for reputation and expectation
I remember everyone praising him midway through the first season for being solid.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5963
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: Blair

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 Jul 2022, 10:33

Cas Cohen wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 09:22
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 14:22
Cas Cohen wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 10:37
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 09:09
Cas Cohen wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 08:53

He's gradually got worse, but he's definitely not as bad as some are making out. At the start everyone was loving him if I remember rightly?
Mainly for his reputation, like Feki, Joe Wardle and so many more
I mean that is a harsh comparison. He's been better than those two.
Don’t remember everyone loving him for his playing particularly though, more for reputation and expectation
I remember everyone praising him midway through the first season for being solid.
Fair enough, my memory isn’t what it was 😂

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 3 guests