[Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Stokesey
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 286
Joined: 06 Jul 2006, 09:16
Location: Huddersfield
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by Stokesey » 16 Jul 2022, 18:18

Swagger wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 17:49 GOB should be back next week hopefully so can slot straight into FB or stand off.
I'd be tempted to give quarequare a go. Move GOB to standoff, Eden to wing

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4766
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by gateman » 16 Jul 2022, 18:34

having watched QQ at fullback in the seconds the lad is no fullback but a cracking winger

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2252
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by Mucky1978 » 16 Jul 2022, 18:39

Stokesey wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 18:18
Swagger wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 17:49 GOB should be back next week hopefully so can slot straight into FB or stand off.
I'd be tempted to give quarequare a go. Move GOB to standoff, Eden to wing
Eden at wing instead of who?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 13154
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Jul 2022, 18:45

GOB is a lot better full back than half back for me anyway
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5963
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Jul 2022, 18:55

Mucky1978 wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 18:39
Stokesey wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 18:18
Swagger wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 17:49 GOB should be back next week hopefully so can slot straight into FB or stand off.
I'd be tempted to give quarequare a go. Move GOB to standoff, Eden to wing
Eden at wing instead of who?
Why not Eden to Fullback and Quarequare to Wing
Or even GOb at fullback and Eden to stay where he is?
Having said that I reckon the old Hull players will be really up for it on Friday

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20785
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by old cas lass » 16 Jul 2022, 19:17

Anyone know attendance.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 13154
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Jul 2022, 19:22

Think I heard him say 6,200
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20785
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by old cas lass » 16 Jul 2022, 19:22

tigerfeat wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 19:22 Think I heard him say 6,200
Cheers.

DebH
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 110
Joined: 04 Apr 2021, 15:04
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by DebH » 16 Jul 2022, 20:31

Seeing Leeds v Toulouse score so far we seems to be the most consistent of the inconsistent teams just now. Gutsy match today but I was on edge until last 5 minutes really. If we are too far adrift from top four for home fixture I would take hudds at home any day against dragons, injuries or not. Hope Leeds Go down against T tonight and burst their bubble/smith hype. Results are so far going our way this weekend along with hull drubbing yesterday

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 337
Joined: 10 Dec 2020, 21:33
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 16 Jul 2022, 20:44

Classysupercas6202 wrote: 15 Jul 2022, 16:50 Warrington 26 cas 8
Wrong again. Credit to cas with the massive disruption of fullback and Blair sending off

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 13154
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Jul 2022, 21:00

DebH wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 20:31 Seeing Leeds v Toulouse score so far we seems to be the most consistent of the inconsistent teams just now. Gutsy match today but I was on edge until last 5 minutes really. If we are too far adrift from top four for home fixture I would take hudds at home any day against dragons, injuries or not. Hope Leeds Go down against T tonight and burst their bubble/smith hype. Results are so far going our way this weekend along with hull drubbing yesterday
Well done to Toulouse beat Leeds 20 6 and off the bottom I can see them winning a few more as well Wakefield have to go to hkr and win tomorrow for me now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11634
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Jul 2022, 11:21

Cheyse Blair suspended for two games

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3028
Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 15:27
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by heritage1926 » 18 Jul 2022, 12:17

Fumper27 wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 11:21 Cheyse Blair suspended for two games
Deserved more, was a straight up assault.

User avatar
westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Dec 2006, 13:23
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by westyorkylad » 18 Jul 2022, 12:19

Went yesterday expecting a loss, so to get a win was fantastic.

Thought Griffin was excellent yesterday and I am by no means a Griffin fan, but fair play he put in a hell of a shift and his contact with and without the ball was on point every minute he was on the pitch. Also though Matagi made a good impact from the bench.

Macca, Westy and Richardson all impressed in attack, Eden didnt look out of place and Olpherts had a great game and was definitely the best winger on the pitch.

Feel really sorry for Evalds, he was outstanding in the first 40 minutes and I was genuinely gutted for him going off injured its just not his year!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 13154
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2022, 12:25

Watching at ground I thought Macca was outstanding watching it back he was even better than I thought
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2326
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 00:40
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by derbystiger » 18 Jul 2022, 13:27

Richardson starting to look a different player. I said a long time ago that Trueman and Richardson just couldn’t play together for whatever reason and I think we are starting to see proof of that.

User avatar
StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 694
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 15:52
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by StevieTheTV » 20 Jul 2022, 07:33

tigerfeat wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 21:00 Well done to Toulouse beat Leeds 20 6 and off the bottom I can see them winning a few more as well Wakefield have to go to hkr and win tomorrow for me now
I really worry for Wakefield, I think they would probably need to win another 3 games to stay up and I don't see where them wins are coming from.

What worries me more is if they go down, they dont have the numbers of support to rally around them like when we got relegated. We went down and the fan base rallied around and we still got between 4-5000 average home attendance, taking over 1000 to away games, being able to keep them numbers in the stands enabled us to maintain a full time squad, I dont think they will be able to the same. Plus there will be either Leigh or Fev who are experienced at that level who will provide a proper test to them.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

User avatar
StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 694
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 15:52
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by StevieTheTV » 20 Jul 2022, 07:34

derbystiger wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 13:27 Richardson starting to look a different player. I said a long time ago that Trueman and Richardson just couldn’t play together for whatever reason and I think we are starting to see proof of that.
Richardson is a proper player for me! For me hes a Sean long type halfback and he needs to find his Tommy Martyn, Widdop or Miller could be that player.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 276
Joined: 12 Apr 2022, 08:19
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by Cas Cohen » 21 Jul 2022, 08:50

StevieTheTV wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 07:33
tigerfeat wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 21:00 Well done to Toulouse beat Leeds 20 6 and off the bottom I can see them winning a few more as well Wakefield have to go to hkr and win tomorrow for me now
I really worry for Wakefield, I think they would probably need to win another 3 games to stay up and I don't see where them wins are coming from.

What worries me more is if they go down, they dont have the numbers of support to rally around them like when we got relegated. We went down and the fan base rallied around and we still got between 4-5000 average home attendance, taking over 1000 to away games, being able to keep them numbers in the stands enabled us to maintain a full time squad, I dont think they will be able to the same. Plus there will be either Leigh or Fev who are experienced at that level who will provide a proper test to them.
It could be a while before we see Wakey in SL again if they go down, they'll follow the same route as Widnes.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11634
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: [Match Discussion] Warrington up Next

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Jul 2022, 21:46

Lost at home to Hull KR. Can Warrington afford to stand by him much longer?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 1 guest