[Match Discussion] Catalans next

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: [Match Discussion] Catalans next

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Jun 2022, 10:07

Fumper27 wrote: 26 Jun 2022, 19:10
gateman wrote: 26 Jun 2022, 19:07 in the backs Olpherts was outstanding take a bow young fella our forwards won the match standing toe to toe with the Catalan forwards great to get a win loved every minute of it
In the backs, the lad from your neck of the woods, Rocky Hampshire, was head and shoulders above anyone else. How Wakefield could not find a place for him in their squad puzzles me.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Jun 2022, 10:13

Rocky Hamshire as been great for us like you say how wakefield let him go is surprising to me Radford also praised Richardson said how much he liked him and that his future will be sorted in the next three weeks
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Jun 2022, 10:25

tigerfeat wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 10:07
Fumper27 wrote: 26 Jun 2022, 19:10
gateman wrote: 26 Jun 2022, 19:07 in the backs Olpherts was outstanding take a bow young fella our forwards won the match standing toe to toe with the Catalan forwards great to get a win loved every minute of it
In the backs, the lad from your neck of the woods, Rocky Hampshire, was head and shoulders above anyone else. How Wakefield could not find a place for him in their squad puzzles me.
yes rocky was great but i thought i would mention Olpherts the lad as had so much stick over recent weeks it was good to see him turn it round never put a foot wrong

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 27 Jun 2022, 12:15

Went in hope more than expectation, great result in the end, nice warm afternoon watching rugby down the lane with a win, what more could you ask for??

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 27 Jun 2022, 12:15

Olpherts was my man of the match, and surprisingly Catalan had trouble containing all of our three quarter line.
Fonua also had a very strong game. All the Positive reasons for signing the two lads from Hull were on display yesterday.

Is it me or is Richardson getting better with each game. Do Scrum halves improve with age just as Props do ?

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 27 Jun 2022, 12:59

Our pack was very good yesterday and each player stepped up to the task. A win on Friday would take us into 5th which I think is amazing with the start we had.

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 28 Jun 2022, 09:23

It’s plain to see the camaraderie at the Jungle now after seemingly it being suggested that some players didn’t like the style of play under Lee Radford. The defence particularly was outstanding against Catalans who may not relish the return to the Jungle on the 12th August in one of our loop matches. A week later Cas will be away to the Giants in another loop fixture and we may have to play them twice more yet after this Friday’s home fixture as a 5th place finish could possibly result in a 4th meeting against either them or Catalans in the playoffs.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Jun 2022, 14:21

The team are fighting for each other putting good shifts in as Radders said after Sundays game
Vince Lombardi