[Match Discussion] Toulouse (a)

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: [Match Discussion] Toulouse (a)

Post by CasRus » 14 Jun 2022, 16:12

FIat Capper wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 13:54 It is of course ridiculous to suggest the colour of the shirt plays a part in how well the team performs. I do accept that some shirts may be difficult to see at distance but RL is a close contact sport played over a few metres at a time.

Superstitions do a play a part in the way some sports participants prepare and play but that is all phycological rather than physical. I would suggest it's the mind that needs to change, not the shirts.
Capper, I have to disagree with you on this one !

Grey is another colour which is neither bright or reflective and tends to blend into the background like brown and dark green does as used in camouflage by the military.

In a team facing you when you are on the offensive, they have already got eyes on you being directly facing the grey shirted team and have fixed your position and movement, whereas the grey shirted team have to look around to be aware of team mates to pass to and have to perform an extra cognitive function in establishing where any other team mate is to pass to which would delay a cognitive executive function in interpreting colour/movement etc and also as to whether other team mates are positioned in a better offensive option. The brighter the colour, the quicker a cognitive function can be made and for the brain to start searching for a blended into the background colour causes an executive function delay for the grey shirted team and the team movement is fractionally slower which can make all the difference to a successful move or a failed move. It's more on offense that causes the problem with Grey shirts however there is also a smaller detriment in defence where players are looking to fill in defensively to cover and plug defence holes.

Trust Me, I am based within Sports Science Innovative technologies (where we offer a scientifically proven technology as one of our technologies to improve focus and concentration and ultimately player performance) and players being a split second aware makes a significant amount of difference and where a player has to be given the best executive chance primarily in sensory perception to be able for a quick cognitive process to occur and become "super responsive and efficient" as it were.

Just as a footnote, If the club had the money, all the players would benefit from the technologies we have, however, the club has never offered to fund any project as I am aware due to lack of funds and where I have approached them in the past and to be honest, it's not all that expensive now being internet/app driven rather than hardware driven as in the past. We have a number of Premier footy clubs/ Uni's /Golfers/ F1 driver training etc using our kit !

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 14 Jun 2022, 16:25

A very informative and interesting post.
Expensive is a relative term and the user you mentioned all have a much bigger budget than Rugby League teams in general and Cas in particular.
As an aside listening to some rugby players they may not have had the most attuned perceptions and having taken numerous head impacts it hardly conducive to increasing any neurological or physical responses.
Let's be honest love Cas as l do all the tech and psychological impute in the world is going to turn sows ears into silk purses.
COYF

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 14 Jun 2022, 17:16

CasRus wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 16:12
FIat Capper wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 13:54 It is of course ridiculous to suggest the colour of the shirt plays a part in how well the team performs. I do accept that some shirts may be difficult to see at distance but RL is a close contact sport played over a few metres at a time.

Superstitions do a play a part in the way some sports participants prepare and play but that is all phycological rather than physical. I would suggest it's the mind that needs to change, not the shirts.
Capper, I have to disagree with you on this one !

Grey is another colour which is neither bright or reflective and tends to blend into the background like brown and dark green does as used in camouflage by the military.

In a team facing you when you are on the offensive, they have already got eyes on you being directly facing the grey shirted team and have fixed your position and movement, whereas the grey shirted team have to look around to be aware of team mates to pass to and have to perform an extra cognitive function in establishing where any other team mate is to pass to which would delay a cognitive executive function in interpreting colour/movement etc and also as to whether other team mates are positioned in a better offensive option. The brighter the colour, the quicker a cognitive function can be made and for the brain to start searching for a blended into the background colour causes an executive function delay for the grey shirted team and the team movement is fractionally slower which can make all the difference to a successful move or a failed move. It's more on offense that causes the problem with Grey shirts however there is also a smaller detriment in defence where players are looking to fill in defensively to cover and plug defence holes.

Trust Me, I am based within Sports Science Innovative technologies (where we offer a scientifically proven technology as one of our technologies to improve focus and concentration and ultimately player performance) and players being a split second aware makes a significant amount of difference and where a player has to be given the best executive chance primarily in sensory perception to be able for a quick cognitive process to occur and become "super responsive and efficient" as it were.

Just as a footnote, If the club had the money, all the players would benefit from the technologies we have, however, the club has never offered to fund any project as I am aware due to lack of funds and where I have approached them in the past and to be honest, it's not all that expensive now being internet/app driven rather than hardware driven as in the past. We have a number of Premier footy clubs/ Uni's /Golfers/ F1 driver training etc using our kit !
Nice sales pitch!

I have to say that if I could not recognise that bloke I've spent all week training with, showered, eaten, hive fived, fist bumped and just talk rubbish to, I'd pack in.

As most of the crowd at Cas are wearing bright orange/amber shirts, surely camouflage is more liekly to occur when players have the same colours on, as with the army and green/brown based camouflage in leafy countryside, beige in dry/dessert environs and white in the Artic?

Anyway, Warrington might need some help with their bright colours. Have you tired them?

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 15 Jun 2022, 12:21

Somebody should get in touch with the all blacks and Penrith Panthers double quick and tell them they are wearing the wrong colours, imagine how good they could be if they switch to fluro yellow............................................ :D

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Jun 2022, 13:00

the reason Normanton Knights changed their strip is the lads were complaining of the black strip they had was attracting the heat

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 15 Jun 2022, 13:22

Shameless wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 10:50
Swagger wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 09:04
gateman wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 08:40 have i missed the forum glad everything is back up and running
Sure it will go down again soon. I've started posting on a different one and so have a few of us
This forum has been great for well over ten years. A couple of blips recently but it's free.
As with any forum it's only as good as it's support base. If people start drifiting off to other places we may lose what has been an outstanding place to get news and views on Cas.

Use it or lose it people - do you really want to end up back on RL Fans??
<Edit - now i'm up to speed with what is going on i've moved over to Cas Fans>

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 15 Jun 2022, 13:24

"<Edit - now i'm up to speed with what is going on i've moved over to Cas Fans>"

is this the facebook page or twttier?

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 15 Jun 2022, 13:27

Could someone enlighten me please...

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Jun 2022, 13:59

yorky wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 13:24 "<Edit - now i'm up to speed with what is going on i've moved over to Cas Fans>"

is this the facebook page or twttier?
Neither

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 15 Jun 2022, 14:02

ugh