players off contract = the signing season

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4625
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by gateman » 28 May 2022, 23:03

i must be brain washed as always who ever we sign i shall have a season ticket

Aloysius Van Bradnik
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 65
Joined: 23 Mar 2022, 14:23
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by Aloysius Van Bradnik » 30 May 2022, 09:52

gateman wrote: 28 May 2022, 23:03 i must be brain washed as always who ever we sign i shall have a season ticket
So was i but retirement, a drop in disposable income and a move to the coast cured that,
Its a twice a year pilgrimage now for me sadly.
On the plus side, the wigan game is one of them, see yall soon

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 154
Joined: 12 Apr 2022, 08:19
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by Cas Cohen » 30 May 2022, 16:15

old cas lass wrote: 28 May 2022, 18:58
Cas Cohen wrote: 28 May 2022, 18:40
Fumper27 wrote: 28 May 2022, 16:11
Cas Cohen wrote: 28 May 2022, 15:59
Fumper27 wrote: 28 May 2022, 15:32

Do you know we haven’t?
Well it hasn't been announced? I don't have inside sources like some on here :lol:
No deals have yet been announced but we’ve apparently signed 3 players
Who has said we've signed 3 players, and who are they supposed to be? I've been away so a bit out of the loop.
Braodbent (Leeds)
Miller (wakefield)
Mellor (Leeds)

Nothing official from the club. Just speculation.
Thanks - not sure those 3 improve us that much but a lot to prove and it may click.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11373
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by Fumper27 » 30 May 2022, 16:19

Jacob Miller is better than Danny Richardson
Jack Broadbent is better than James Clare
Alex Mellor is better than Cheyse Blair

Obviously, only MY opinion….


User avatar
yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3892
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 18:50
Location: York, UK
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by yorky » 31 May 2022, 17:22

widop could be on his wat to castelford, cough splutter!!!!

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20615
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by old cas lass » 31 May 2022, 17:41

Flipping heck. Hope it’s only for one year if it’s true.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2132
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by Mucky1978 » 31 May 2022, 17:55

Shame Edwards looks like he’s off.

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4625
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by gateman » 31 May 2022, 17:57

if we sign him let us hope it is for one year only, the lad is no spring chicken hardly fits in with the young squad idea

User avatar
yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3892
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 18:50
Location: York, UK
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by yorky » 31 May 2022, 17:58

Mucky1978 wrote: 31 May 2022, 17:55 Shame Edwards looks like he’s off.
i would think he could command a fee of his own choice, what a good player he is & i will be sorry to see him go.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11373
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by Fumper27 » 31 May 2022, 18:33

yorky wrote: 31 May 2022, 17:58
Mucky1978 wrote: 31 May 2022, 17:55 Shame Edwards looks like he’s off.
i would think he could command a fee of his own choice, what a good player he is & i will be sorry to see him go.
I would take what Mucky posts with a pinch of salt. Very often wrong, once right says it all 😉

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2132
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by Mucky1978 » 31 May 2022, 20:32

Fumper27 wrote: 31 May 2022, 18:33
yorky wrote: 31 May 2022, 17:58
Mucky1978 wrote: 31 May 2022, 17:55 Shame Edwards looks like he’s off.
i would think he could command a fee of his own choice, what a good player he is & i will be sorry to see him go.
I would take what Mucky posts with a pinch of salt. Very often wrong, once right says it all 😉
Not my story same guy who said Widdop is coming Cas.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11373
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by Fumper27 » 31 May 2022, 20:45

Mucky1978 wrote: 31 May 2022, 20:32
Fumper27 wrote: 31 May 2022, 18:33
yorky wrote: 31 May 2022, 17:58
Mucky1978 wrote: 31 May 2022, 17:55 Shame Edwards looks like he’s off.
i would think he could command a fee of his own choice, what a good player he is & i will be sorry to see him go.
I would take what Mucky posts with a pinch of salt. Very often wrong, once right says it all 😉
Not my story same guy who said Widdop is coming Cas.
It’s always “some guy”…usually the milkman or the postman


Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11373
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by Fumper27 » 31 May 2022, 21:05

Of course he is. As his is right since 01/05/2022. It would be remiss of him not to do so. Although I do hope we offer him a deal for 2023

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2132
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by Mucky1978 » 31 May 2022, 21:22

Me to but people saying Mellor is his replacement maybe he wants to much money and Radford thinks he’s to old for it.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2101
Joined: 05 Sep 2012, 15:24
Location: In your face.
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by The Firm » 31 May 2022, 22:40


heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2974
Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 15:27
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by heritage1926 » 01 Jun 2022, 08:10

Mucky1978 wrote: 31 May 2022, 21:22 Me to but people saying Mellor is his replacement maybe he wants to much money and Radford thinks he’s to old for it.
Surely Widdop would also fit in to that mould. He'll be 34 when the season comes around.

FWIW, Kenny is probably playing is best rugby since he was in the NRL. He's cleaned his act up and got his head down with us and has been arguably our best player alongside Westy. If we are losing him, then I hope there is good reason. I'm just really not sold on Alex Mellor.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12900
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Jun 2022, 08:22

If he got the chance to play in the NRL again no one can blame him for wanting to go back and give it another go can't see it myself
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11373
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: players off contract = the signing season

Post by Fumper27 » 02 Jun 2022, 13:58

I’m looking forward to seeing Kenny in a Cas shirt for the next two years after this one.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 2 guests