Wakefield

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Wakefield

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2022, 12:26

If they get relegated I cant see them getting back into super league anytime soon
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 18 Jul 2022, 13:10

I think they will put a cap on it

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 18 Jul 2022, 20:50

WT looking at Simon Grix to replace Poaching as head coach. Obviously looking at championship RL next year.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 Jul 2022, 00:14

Tigerade wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 11:49 If Wakey do go down what is the chances of the £3.15 million loan ever getting paid back to the council? Could it be that Michael Carter has played the council into getting the ownership of Belle Vue and a stadium upgrade without paying a penny? A massive gamble forfeiting SL status for a season against a 3 million loan pay-off. The 8 million from Yorkcourt is in the bag whatever league Wakey are in.
It is written into the agreement that if Wakey default on repayments the council have to repossess the land. No if’s, no buts. At that point it goes out to tender. They go down it will be a lidl in 3 years.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Jul 2022, 15:53

Beating Saints 10-0 at half time

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Jul 2022, 16:36

12-12
10 left

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Jul 2022, 16:48

Saints miss 3 drop goal attempts.
Wakey
Miss one.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Jul 2022, 16:50

Golden point

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Jul 2022, 16:53

Lino misses DG in golden point

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Jul 2022, 16:54

Saints win

SWAG

Post by SWAG » 15 Aug 2022, 17:25

The Firm wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 00:14
Tigerade wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 11:49 If Wakey do go down what is the chances of the £3.15 million loan ever getting paid back to the council? Could it be that Michael Carter has played the council into getting the ownership of Belle Vue and a stadium upgrade without paying a penny? A massive gamble forfeiting SL status for a season against a 3 million loan pay-off. The 8 million from Yorkcourt is in the bag whatever league Wakey are in.
It is written into the agreement that if Wakey default on repayments the council have to repossess the land. No if’s, no buts. At that point it goes out to tender. They go down it will be a lidl in 3 years.
Takes a special level of ignorance to be wrong on every level but well done you've managed it.

Relegation or not, the stadium will be completed, Trinity will remain there and it won't ever be knocked down. Trinity won't default and the Council will support where required.

The only issue Trinity will have is whether we can afford to stay full time or go part time or something in-between. The success of the stadium will go some way to deciding that.

If I were you I'd be far more worried as to how much money you are throwing at players when you should in fact be getting your ground in order. If you think League position will save you with an organisation like IMG you're in for a shock.

So there you go.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 15 Aug 2022, 19:31

SWAG wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 17:25
Takes a special level of ignorance to be wrong on every level but well done you've managed it.

Relegation or not, the stadium will be completed, Trinity will remain there and it won't ever be knocked down. Trinity won't default and the Council will support where required.

The only issue Trinity will have is whether we can afford to stay full time or go part time or something in-between. The success of the stadium will go some way to deciding that.

If I were you I'd be far more worried as to how much money you are throwing at players when you should in fact be getting your ground in order. If you think League position will save you with an organisation like IMG you're in for a shock.

So there you go.
You should know all about being wrong about everything Vastman, you'd made a career out of it on RL fans.

And no i'm not wrong, it is written in black & white. Matter of public record if you want to go look it up. And if i were you i'd start bricking it pal, Wakeys finances are in a bit of a hole as you'll soon all find out.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 15 Aug 2022, 21:58

Your just a bit sore about Miller to Cas vasty. You'll get over it when you announce Gale though. 😆

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Aug 2022, 09:58

It is a concern that when Wakefield finish work on there new stadium we will have the worst ground in the league and worse than a lot of championship grounds
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Aug 2022, 10:10

But looks fine on TV, has the best atmosphere, and an improvement plan….and one of the better fab bases. A posh stadium and third in the league hasn’t done a lot for Huddersfield

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Aug 2022, 10:24

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 10:10 A posh stadium and third in the league hasn’t done a lot for Huddersfield
Especially when the Davy family decide to call in what they’re owed…

JIN. JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN. JER » 16 Aug 2022, 10:29

The Firm wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 19:31

So there you go.
You should know all about being wrong about everything Vastman, you'd made a career out of it on RL fans.

And no i'm not wrong, it is written in black & white. Matter of public record if you want to go look it up. And if i were you i'd start bricking it pal, Wakeys finances are in a bit of a hole as you'll soon all find out.
So spill the beans, if you’re so confident spill the beans, let us know what we’re looking at.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 16 Aug 2022, 10:42

JIN. JER wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 10:29
The Firm wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 19:31

So there you go.

So spill the beans, if you’re so confident spill the beans, let us know what we’re looking at.
Your next published accounts should tell you all you need to know. Don’t worry you’re not going to go bust, Carter wouldn’t get his directors loans back then. You are though making large cutbacks in most areas including the playing budget. It’ll be a pretty scratchy squad you’ll have next year, especially blowing most of it on old man Gale.

I sure some of the more mouthy Wakey imbeciles that sadly frequent RL forums will come back frothing at the mouth but this info is spot on, i care not whether they believe it.

JIN. JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN. JER » 16 Aug 2022, 13:20

I think most Wakefield supporters are expecting a thinner squad, rumoured to be leaving are Miller, Batchelor and Lino, with Johnstone confirmed. Maybe MC is preparing for a ten team SL without us?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Aug 2022, 13:56

JIN. JER wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 13:20 A ten team SL without us?
We hope so!!