[Match Discussion] Catalan away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: [Match Discussion] Catalan away

Post by The Firm » 29 Apr 2022, 22:32

I think tonight has proven we need a refresh in the close season. We should be able to create some decent cap space with who will be leaving so over to you Radders, thats when you’ll prove yourself or otherwise.

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 29 Apr 2022, 22:38

Fumper27 wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 22:06
Blackbulltiger wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 22:00
Fumper27 wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 21:50
Blackbulltiger wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 21:44
Fumper27 wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 21:36

Please show me where I boasted we were top four, especially when we were 7th at best! I mentioned how close we were to the top four.

Yes, you did offer a pint. I politely declined.
Back tracking now lol
Not at all. Please point me in the direction of said post.

Why would I say “we are top four” when the league table clearly showed otherwise.

I like to use facts in my posts, as opposed to gobbledygook, make belief and BS.
Behave you was suggesting your prediction off us finishing in top four looked like had good chance why else would i offer pint if you was right lol . Like said back tracking my prediction leeds near top more chance finish higher then us will fix there problems we keep going we same carbage at half back
Don’t even try and guess what I was suggesting. You have neither the intelligence or grasp to do so. To settle the original point, because I know you like to change things to suit your argument, below is my post:
Fumper27 wrote: 15 Apr 2022, 14:25 Despite everything, we’re only one win outside of the top five
Saying i might be wrong for once was what you was suggesting never wrong me . your prediction for cas to finish in top four you got a bit kiddy three wins admit it 😆😆😆😆 you was miss lead by crap teams against us lol

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Apr 2022, 23:02

Reading some of these posts i am sure we have a good number that never watch our team week in and week out , get their info from TV or the papers , Radford as been left with a wage bill were we are playing money that with no disrespect to the players they have been good but are well by the sell by date

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 29 Apr 2022, 23:05

gateman wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 23:02 Reading some of these posts i am sure we have a good number that never watch our team week in and week out , get their info from TV or the papers , Radford as been left with a wage bill were we are playing money that with no disrespect to the players they have been good but are well by the sell by date
Dont worry about being disrespect to players these are pro players robbing a wage

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pat » 29 Apr 2022, 23:08

To many grafters and no skill

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 29 Apr 2022, 23:11

Blackbulltiger wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 23:05
gateman wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 23:02 Reading some of these posts i am sure we have a good number that never watch our team week in and week out , get their info from TV or the papers , Radford as been left with a wage bill were we are playing money that with no disrespect to the players they have been good but are well by the sell by date
Dont worry about being disrespect to players these are pro players robbing a wage
Seriously do you just love piling on? You need a new hobby because you clearly don't love or even like watching Cas anymore

Every time there's a poor performance or one perceived by you anyway there you are hammering away

It's bloody boring now
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 29 Apr 2022, 23:24

the machine wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 23:11
Blackbulltiger wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 23:05
Seriously do you just love piling on? You need a new hobby because you clearly don't love or even like watching Cas anymore

Every time there's a poor performance or one perceived by you anyway there you are hammering away

It's bloody boring now
I’d save your energy mate. You won’t hear a peep from this poster when things are going well. When we lose it’s a chance to bring out the bitterness & jibes. The posts from supporters of other clubs add more value in comparison.

Embarrassing from a self proclaimed ex player of the club.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 29 Apr 2022, 23:41

Just got back to hotel. Watched game live and a little tipsy.
Can anyone confirm why McShane didn't play 2nd half as we didn't know it in the stand?

Not sure if people have seen highlights but we were poor. Didnt start a set in Catalans half most of game..... pinned in our own 20..... Clare struggled alot at 1. Wasn't even sure if Trueman played.... and finally one of Cas fans wearing purple cas top and a purple hat starting arguing with a bunch of kids let us down for throwing white confetti around. Child you are......

Anyway....

Week off. Hull KR and Salford next. 2 winnable games. Nobody expected us to win today so if we can grab wins vs them all is good.

Goodnight all.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 29 Apr 2022, 23:43

Flow/ onside/ hightown/ secound row/ blackbull has been permanently banned due to his antagonistic posts.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Apr 2022, 23:54

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Apr 2022, 00:04

Just watched highlights, seen under 12’s defend better.
Absolutely pathetic defending, looked like most of them didn’t even want to be on the field.

Hope radford as them in with the tackle bags.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 30 Apr 2022, 00:12

Saw a video someone posted on line of Macca walking out onto the pitch well before kick off. He looked knacked already! Didn’t seem like he was eating to go.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 30 Apr 2022, 00:12

Sorry, raring to go😀

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 30 Apr 2022, 01:15

McShane must have a holiday booked in November cos the lads no interest in being in the World Cup squad.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 30 Apr 2022, 01:29

Spanishtiger wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 23:43 Flow/ onside/ hightown/ secound row/ blackbull has been permanently banned due to his antagonistic posts.

Long overdue but thankyou :clap:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 30 Apr 2022, 05:50

old cas lass wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 00:04 Just watched highlights, seen under 12’s defend better.
Absolutely pathetic defending, looked like most of them didn’t even want to be on the field.

Hope radford as them in with the tackle bags.
We’ve rarely displayed the right mental toughness when playing on French soil.

There may have been an element of “we can afford to lose this one as we have won 4 on the bounce & have targeted other games over the next 2 months” but the bigger picture is disappointing.

Even in our stronger periods throughout the last 8 years, Les Cats have made us struggle with the things we like least:

- a big aggressive pack
- relentless go forward & off loads
- a canny back line with at least one fast lump of a centre

A team has to fight fire with fire when they travel down there. It’s something that I think LR will have at the front of his mind in terms of recruitment for 2023. We need more granite in the pack.

scorcher68

Post by scorcher68 » 30 Apr 2022, 06:49

Not too stressed with a loss down there . Never seems like we like it down there was hoping to be more competitive performance wise if not score but I will suffer it, Progress is rarely linear . Mild optimism for rest of season but play offs seems like a reach.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 30 Apr 2022, 07:52

Thing is, we really weren’t expecting anything else were we? Mind you, we weren’t expecting four straight league wins over Easter either.
We may be one of many teams who definitely won’t make the top 3, but I’m struggling to predict where we will finish below that.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Apr 2022, 08:54

Didn’t expect to win. Didn’t win. Disappointing but not surprised.

But I bet we don’t get the same tiny violin Leeds are getting with their injuries and suspensions. Bet there won’t be 9/10 out for ‘depleted’ Cas in our news articles.

People seem to forget that we are still missing Evalds, Turner, Eden, Faraimo, Blair, Richardson, Hampshire, McLelland, Sutcliffe, O’Neill, Matagi and Feki.

That’s 12 missing from yesterday.

Write it off and go into a week off looking to refresh, reset and work hard on the training field ready for a KR game where they may be down on troops themselves & in a post cup hangover
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 30 Apr 2022, 09:06

We had to switch it off at 28-6 as it was embarrassing. Hopefully Danny is back and we can play GOB at fullback for KR. Never expected a result but you do expect effort. After the gruelling Easter games we maybe should have done a Saints and sent the kids. Overall though i am happy with the points on the board especially considering where we were before Wakey.