Catalan Info

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Catalan Info

Post by Swagger » 23 Apr 2022, 18:53

So I'm looking at flying into Perpignan later in the week.... any info would be great from people who have done it in the last.

I've got a City centre Perpignan hotel booked.

Is it easy to get a taxi from the airport straight into Perpignan or do I need to pre book?

What is the best way to get to the match and back from Perpignan. Kick off is 8.30pm local time so will be a late finish.

Is there any covid related info I need to check first or is France back to normal like the UK now?

I've always used Catalan sport tours usually but as I'm staying in Perpignan this time they don't do collections.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Catalan Info

Post by Tigers1926 » 23 Apr 2022, 19:16

Perpignan Airport is only 5 minutes from the stadium. The stadium is in-between the airport and the city centre. You can walk from the city centre to the stadium if you want, and get a bus or a taxi back to the city centre. You can get a taxi from the airport into the city centre.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 23 Apr 2022, 19:56

Perpignan Airport is only 5 minutes from the stadium. The stadium is in-between the airport and the city centre. You can walk from the city centre to the stadium if you want, and get a bus or a taxi back to the city centre. You can get a taxi from the airport into the city centre. As for the covid travel information, you'll have to do a bit of research because its changing from country to country nowadays.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 23 Apr 2022, 19:56

Woops, double post..

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 24 Apr 2022, 16:49

From 31st of March this year 2022, if you've had the jab you have to show proof, and if you haven't had the jab you need to have a negative pcr test within 72hrs of arrival or a negative antigen test within 48hrs of arrival.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 24 Apr 2022, 18:39

What is the fully vaccinated rule for travellers to France? I am double vaxed with Pfizer but haven't had my booster. 10th October was my 2nd jab.

Is this classed as fully vaxxed for France? I've looked but can't get confirmation.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Apr 2022, 18:49

Swagger wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 18:39 What is the fully vaccinated rule for travellers to France? I am double vaxed with Pfizer but haven't had my booster. 10th October was my 2nd jab.

Is this classed as fully vaxxed for France? I've looked but can't get confirmation.
Try this mate:

https://www.covid19-testing.org/country ... gLNB_D_BwE

Because the booster isn’t compulsory, you’re classed as fully vaccinated after two doses
Last edited by Fumper27 on 24 Apr 2022, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 24 Apr 2022, 19:01

As I understand it, if you haven't had a booster you are classed as unvaccinated, which is why they were always pushing the have a booster. If you haven't had a booster, you get a pcr test within 72 hours of arrival or a antigen test within 48 hours of arrival.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 24 Apr 2022, 19:12

Would recommend anyone to take a hard copy of their NHS covid pass with them wherever they go. The app is great but if it plays up its an [Cut out the swearing] nightmare.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 24 Apr 2022, 19:16

Tigers1926 wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 19:01 As I understand it, if you haven't had a booster you are classed as unvaccinated, which is why they were always pushing the have a booster. If you haven't had a booster, you get a pcr test within 72 hours of arrival or a antigen test within 48 hours of arrival.
Yeh I've just seen I'm classed as unvaxxed for travel to France.

One more question if anyone can answer....

Can I take the Antigen test at home or does it need to be at a site? Different answers on different sites.

I've booked my flights and hotel so need to sort this ASAP.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Apr 2022, 19:20

Swagger wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 19:16
Tigers1926 wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 19:01 As I understand it, if you haven't had a booster you are classed as unvaccinated, which is why they were always pushing the have a booster. If you haven't had a booster, you get a pcr test within 72 hours of arrival or a antigen test within 48 hours of arrival.

Can I take the Antigen test at home or does it need to be at a site? Different answers on different sites.

According to the GOV.UK website, if you had your second dose less than 9 months ago, you’re classed as fully vaccinated for travel to France:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

“For travellers aged 18 and over, France will recognise you as ‘vaccinated’ for entry purposes if you completed your initial vaccine course within the last 9 months. If more than 9 months have elapsed since your initial course, and you have not since received a booster, you will be considered unvaccinated and must follow the rules detailed below.”

Hope this helps

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 24 Apr 2022, 19:22

Fumper27 wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 19:20
Swagger wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 19:16

According to the GOV.UK website, if you had your second dose less than 9 months ago, you’re classed as fully vaccinated for travel to France:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

“For travellers aged 18 and over, France will recognise you as ‘vaccinated’ for entry purposes if you completed your initial vaccine course within the last 9 months. If more than 9 months have elapsed since your initial course, and you have not since received a booster, you will be considered unvaccinated and must follow the rules detailed below.”

Hope this helps
This is why I'm confused because I saw this but then read the following.....

The French Government recognises vaccination certificates that conform to EU norms. This means:

7 days after a third dose of Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, and Novavax for domestic use (to obtain a valid “health pass”), or
28 days after a second dose of Johnson & Johnson, or

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 24 Apr 2022, 19:34

2 statements here. Top from government website and bottom from British embassy to France state different. 1 says supervised tests and the other says self administered tests are OK from approved companies. Not sure what to do here......

International travellers must pay for a supervised PCR or rapid antigen tests if they require a COVID-19 test while visiting France, as must those who are resident in France who aren’t fully vaccinated or who are not required to take a test. The minimum cost of these supervised tests is €44 for PCR tests and €22 for rapid antigen tests.

---------

Unvaccinated travellers must present a negative result of a PCR test less than 72 hours old or an antigen test less than 48 hours old before departure.

Self-administered tests whose results are not certified by an approved private test provider (e.g. free tests provided by the NHS) are not valid for travel.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 24 Apr 2022, 21:24

Try Klarity.Health These do everything pcr, antigen and lateral flow tests and are certified for travel. Good luck 👍