Zak hardaker.

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2467
Joined: 04 Aug 2014, 19:32
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by SuffolkTiger » 26 Apr 2022, 21:59

Cas Cohen wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 12:27
SuffolkTiger wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 08:04
Cas Cohen wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 07:44
JIN JER wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 16:21
Cas Cohen wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 12:29

He would be your best player :lol:
Still not interested, but if you wanna play that game he’d probably be the best player in ten SL teams.
Not now he wouldn't - maybe 6/7 years ago
Has rejoined Leeds….
You think it's a good deal @SuffolkTiger ?
Not sure mate. Impossible to say without knowing the terms of the deal.

Time will tell I guess. Apart from his time at Fev, he’s effectively ensured that everywhere he’s been has ended in tears.

If the best predictor of the future is what’s happened in the past, I’d put a few quid on LR eventually regretting what they’ve done.

He’s a very poor role model who lets people down then seeks pity.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1310
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 15:21
Twitter: Sacked social media
Location: Horbury
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by mdean » 27 Apr 2022, 09:24

I think we all know the cynicism of sport (all sports not just ours) will overlook almost any indiscretion if there is a view that it improves the on-field performance, even short term.

From now to the end of season, will he perform, probably. Long term is this sensible, as you say the best indicator of the future is the past! Although it might have improved us short term, I am somewhat relieved we are out of it.

User avatar
yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3892
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 18:50
Location: York, UK
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by yorky » 27 Apr 2022, 10:04

not bad is it when leeds get back a player for free that we gave them 150k for

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5862
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Apr 2022, 10:32

yorky wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 10:04 not bad is it when leeds get back a player for free that we gave them 150k for
Shocking bit of business

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12896
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Apr 2022, 11:46

yorky wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 10:04 not bad is it when leeds get back a player for free that we gave them 150k for
Steve Gill was working on the assumption he would be getting a two or three year ban and i guess he didn't want him hanging around the club but still it was beyond dumb to not see what could happen once we sacked him having just payed Leeds 160grand for him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Cas Cohen
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 153
Joined: 12 Apr 2022, 08:19
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by Cas Cohen » 27 Apr 2022, 12:24

yorky wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 10:04 not bad is it when leeds get back a player for free that we gave them 150k for
Man, I forgot we paid that :roll:

Literally went from the greatest bit of business to the worst in a flash

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 735
Joined: 31 Mar 2011, 12:13
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by orrsome » 27 Apr 2022, 20:57

I reckon Zak must have taken a pay cut to join the Rhinos.
Most clubs are up to, or very close to the cap and Leeds have at least 3 big names who must be high earners.
I do hope they haven’t broken the salary cap in desperation!?!?!?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11368
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Apr 2022, 21:03

Don’t Leeds make use of the “Marquee Player” allowance?

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20613
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by old cas lass » 27 Apr 2022, 21:57

Apparently he’s been taken ill, been told to rest.
He is in the squad though.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1827
Joined: 22 Jun 2012, 16:48
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by casjunction » 28 Apr 2022, 09:29

Apparently he had a seizure whilst out with his son.
This may be related to lifestyle or undiagnosed medical issues.
I hope that it's investigated and resolved as no matter how much he is a fool to himself and shows little consideration for others.
He has a young family and needs to recognise this and his responsibility to himself and his family.
I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2467
Joined: 04 Aug 2014, 19:32
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by SuffolkTiger » 28 Apr 2022, 10:50

casjunction wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 09:29 Apparently he had a seizure whilst out with his son.
This may be related to lifestyle or undiagnosed medical issues.
I hope that it's investigated and resolved as no matter how much he is a fool to himself and shows little consideration for others.
He has a young family and needs to recognise this and his responsibility to himself and his family.
I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.
Well said mate.

Just seen it on BBC sport website.

The stress of the last few weeks won’t have helped his family.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1047
Joined: 27 Apr 2017, 10:53
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by JIN JER » 28 Apr 2022, 11:57

casjunction wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 09:29 Apparently he had a seizure whilst out with his son.
This may be related to lifestyle or undiagnosed medical issues.
I hope that it's investigated and resolved as no matter how much he is a fool to himself and shows little consideration for others.
He has a young family and needs to recognise this and his responsibility to himself and his family.
I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.
I wonder why a medial hasn’t picked this up, I understand medicals can’t check everything but it seems odd.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1657
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 17:59
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by FIat Capper » 28 Apr 2022, 12:34

JIN JER wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 11:57
casjunction wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 09:29 Apparently he had a seizure whilst out with his son.
This may be related to lifestyle or undiagnosed medical issues.
I hope that it's investigated and resolved as no matter how much he is a fool to himself and shows little consideration for others.
He has a young family and needs to recognise this and his responsibility to himself and his family.
I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.
I wonder why a medial hasn’t picked this up, I understand medicals can’t check everything but it seems odd.
Standard medicals won't pick up any issue within the brain structure but seizures can occur at any time for a myriad of reasons.

I've no doubt there will be someone, somewhere suggesting it's convenient and will allow him to de-tox? I'm not one of those and in spite of everything he's done, I hope he fully recovers and quickly.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1827
Joined: 22 Jun 2012, 16:48
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by casjunction » 28 Apr 2022, 13:07

Not wanting to trivialise.
I had to have major surgery followed by radio therapy after being diagnosed with a tumour.
A subsequent brain scan gave a readout one owner, low mileage!
The first statement is true the latter is someone else's observation.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1047
Joined: 27 Apr 2017, 10:53
Contact:

Re: Zak hardaker.

Post by JIN JER » 28 Apr 2022, 13:16

FIat Capper wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 12:34
JIN JER wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 11:57
casjunction wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 09:29 Apparently he had a seizure whilst out with his son.
This may be related to lifestyle or undiagnosed medical issues.
I hope that it's investigated and resolved as no matter how much he is a fool to himself and shows little consideration for others.
He has a young family and needs to recognise this and his responsibility to himself and his family.
I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.
I wonder why a medial hasn’t picked this up, I understand medicals can’t check everything but it seems odd.
Standard medicals won't pick up any issue within the brain structure but seizures can occur at any time for a myriad of reasons.

I've no doubt there will be someone, somewhere suggesting it's convenient and will allow him to de-tox? I'm not one of those and in spite of everything he's done, I hope he fully recovers and quickly.
Fair enough.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests