Half backs.......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Half backs.......

Post by Blackbulltiger » 13 Apr 2022, 09:23

SuffolkTiger wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 05:45
Fumper27 wrote: 12 Apr 2022, 22:58 Wasn’t Jake SL young player of the year in the past? Must’ve been a crap year for young talent if he won that award.
He was (2018).

2 previous Cas winners:
- Joe Westerman (2008)
- Daryl Clark (2014)

It would be good if he doesn’t have to do what JW & DC did - spend his best years benefiting another club.
The 2017 and 2018 team made him look better then he his for sure gale carried him gradually got worse since am afraid your in a small minority off fans if you think he's any good now, Just generally ask people next game at ground people who don't come on here we tinted glasses you soon have your answer what most off people off castleford think . Because you show signs off promise when younger don't automatic mean you going to make when older for sure he's gone backwards and we should get rid for sake off future off team .

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Apr 2022, 10:05

talk about halfbacks have a look at the two big money signings that Leeds have made they are hardly performing

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 13 Apr 2022, 10:09

gateman wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 10:05 talk about halfbacks have a look at the two big money signings that Leeds have made they are hardly performing
you could also add that to Warrington's pair :?:

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 13 Apr 2022, 10:16

As I tried to elude to earlier, good halves are like the proverbial rocking horse droppings.

I do believe with good guidance, both Truey and DR can perform to their best on a more regular basis but for now, I can't see anyone else filling the roles.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 13 Apr 2022, 12:20

Blackbulltiger wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 09:23
Fumper27 wrote: 12 Apr 2022, 22:58 Wasn’t Jake SL young player of the year in the past? Must’ve been a crap year for young talent if he won that award.
He was (2018).

2 previous Cas winners:
- Joe Westerman (2008)
- Daryl Clark (2014)

It would be good if he doesn’t have to do what JW & DC did - spend his best years benefiting another club.
The 2017 and 2018 team made him look better then he his for sure gale carried him gradually got worse since am afraid your in a small minority off fans if you think he's any good now, Just generally ask people next game at ground people who don't come on here we tinted glasses you soon have your answer what most off people off castleford think . Because you show signs off promise when younger don't automatic mean you going to make when older for sure he's gone backwards and we should get rid for sake off future off team .
I’m really comfortable being in a minority - but how do you actually know what the opinion of thousands factually is? If you don’t know what these thousands of people are thinking, how do you know I’m in the minority? Maybe I’m in the majority…..?

Opinions are great aren’t they?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Apr 2022, 12:47

SuffolkTiger wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 12:20
He was (2018).

2 previous Cas winners:
- Joe Westerman (2008)
- Daryl Clark (2014)

I’m really comfortable being in a minority - but how do you actually know what the opinion of thousands factually is? If you don’t know what these thousands of people are thinking, how do you know I’m in the minority? Maybe I’m in the majority…..?

Maybe said poster had conducted a survey at a game to canvass for supporters opinions on JT, hence it is known for a fact “most off people off castleford think” JT is rubbish?

Then again, said poster remarks that “2018 team made him look better then he his for sure gale carried him”, this is despite the fact the JT actually played more games than Luke Gale in 2018.

I really hate using facts to disprove options but feel I must on this occasion.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Apr 2022, 13:51

Who are these people who can read posts wearing tinted glasses?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Apr 2022, 13:52

Fumper27 wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 12:47
SuffolkTiger wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 12:20
He was (2018).

2 previous Cas winners:
- Joe Westerman (2008)
- Daryl Clark (2014)

Maybe said poster had conducted a survey at a game to canvass for supporters opinions on JT, hence it is known for a fact “most off people off castleford think” JT is rubbish?

Then again, said poster remarks that “2018 team made him look better then he his for sure gale carried him”, this is despite the fact the JT actually played more games than Luke Gale in 2018.

I really hate using facts to disprove options but feel I must on this occasion.
You’re setting a dangerous precedent Fumper!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Apr 2022, 14:08

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 13:51 Who are these people who can read posts wearing tinted glasses?
I’ll try later on when round the pool mate. Will keep you posted

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Apr 2022, 14:46

Fumper27 wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 14:08
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 13:51 Who are these people who can read posts wearing tinted glasses?
👍🏻

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Apr 2022, 14:53

Don’t forget the factor 30.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Apr 2022, 14:58

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 14:46
👍🏻
Right, feedback time:

I don’t actually own a pair of rose tinted or tiger tinted glasses, neither does the wife or the daughter. However, I do own pairs of dark tinted and blue tinted Ray Ban sunglasses and it’s very difficult to read in the dark ones but significantly easier in the blue ones. What this adds to the debate I do not know. However, it kept me entertained for 5 minutes. 😂😂

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Apr 2022, 15:46

Brilliant 😂😂

5menofsteel
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 5menofsteel » 13 Apr 2022, 16:18

I think the criticism of Truey is more than a little unfair . Before a serious back injury put him on the sidelines for a long time , he was starting to look like a world class half back . His injury has put him back at least a year in his development , and I have no doubt that once fully fit and with more game time under his belt he will start to reach those performance levels again . That said , I am not sure how you go about judging him so badly this season . He did take a couple of games at the start of the season to find his feet again , but surely after such a long break away from the game , it would take any player a little time to get back into the swing of things , and yet , despite this , he is currently top of Super League halfbacks combined tries and assists this season with 10 . Add this to his defence , which is outstanding , especially for a half back , and I am not sure what more he can do at the moment . There is no doubt there is still plenty of room for improvement , but this will come in time . If he can get his pace back to pre-injury levels then there's no reason he can't be just as good again , if not better . He already looks a completely different player now compared to his first 3 games of the season and will continue to improve . At least let's give him a bit longer before we write him off as not good enough !

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 13 Apr 2022, 17:29

5menofsteel wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 16:18 I think the criticism of Truey is more than a little unfair . Before a serious back injury put him on the sidelines for a long time , he was starting to look like a world class half back . His injury has put him back at least a year in his development , and I have no doubt that once fully fit and with more game time under his belt he will start to reach those performance levels again . That said , I am not sure how you go about judging him so badly this season . He did take a couple of games at the start of the season to find his feet again , but surely after such a long break away from the game , it would take any player a little time to get back into the swing of things , and yet , despite this , he is currently top of Super League halfbacks combined tries and assists this season with 10 . Add this to his defence , which is outstanding , especially for a half back , and I am not sure what more he can do at the moment . There is no doubt there is still plenty of room for improvement , but this will come in time . If he can get his pace back to pre-injury levels then there's no reason he can't be just as good again , if not better . He already looks a completely different player now compared to his first 3 games of the season and will continue to improve . At least let's give him a bit longer before we write him off as not good enough !
Loving the factual stat stuff and common sense, reasoned approach.

It doesn’t change the fact that, as a club, there is real work to do if we are to get to a place where we have a rock solid half back pairing.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Apr 2022, 17:30

5menofsteel wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 16:18 I think the criticism of Truey is more than a little unfair . Before a serious back injury put him on the sidelines for a long time , he was starting to look like a world class half back . His injury has put him back at least a year in his development , and I have no doubt that once fully fit and with more game time under his belt he will start to reach those performance levels again . That said , I am not sure how you go about judging him so badly this season . He did take a couple of games at the start of the season to find his feet again , but surely after such a long break away from the game , it would take any player a little time to get back into the swing of things , and yet , despite this , he is currently top of Super League halfbacks combined tries and assists this season with 10 . Add this to his defence , which is outstanding , especially for a half back , and I am not sure what more he can do at the moment . There is no doubt there is still plenty of room for improvement , but this will come in time . If he can get his pace back to pre-injury levels then there's no reason he can't be just as good again , if not better . He already looks a completely different player now compared to his first 3 games of the season and will continue to improve . At least let's give him a bit longer before we write him off as not good enough !
Thanks for adding a bit of perspective

5menofsteel
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 5menofsteel » 13 Apr 2022, 18:01

Thanks Suffolk/Tamworth . Yeah agree, still work to do to sort out a solid half back partnership

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Apr 2022, 20:49

three lads what may come in still on the sidelines

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pat » 13 Apr 2022, 22:58

Truey is the same has Danny Orr decent player but only does something good every six or so games you can not expect to win anything like that.he needs a top quality scrum half to control the game and let him do is own thing.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Apr 2022, 23:05

Bit harsh on Danny Orr in my opinion. Danny often more than held his own, with a quality 7 beside him as well