Half backs.......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Router1977
Academy Player
Academy Player

Half backs.......

Post by Router1977 » 08 Apr 2022, 23:07

For me we are way short in this department....... no imagination at all. That said Mcshane is currently a shadow of his MOS form.
We have for me the best left winger in the league. Give him a got centre inside him and he score 40 plus tries in season.
We are in a bit of an hole but heads up and let's go again......

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Half backs.......

Post by Blackbulltiger » 08 Apr 2022, 23:39

Hope fully end off season if we stay up we can off load are current half backs and invest in different direction this as being a problem since gale left .

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 09 Apr 2022, 00:33

To be fair, since 2017. Didn’t see much of Gale after that.

gillforsuccess

Post by gillforsuccess » 09 Apr 2022, 07:12

Think Radford taking Macca off and then explaining we needed improvement in the ruck when explaining the decision in the press conference tells you everything wrong with us at the minute.

Macca has been world class last 3 in 4 years.....

Casforthecup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casforthecup » 09 Apr 2022, 08:28

It was the right decision, we started to play better with Milner at hooker.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Apr 2022, 08:48

It was the right decision we started to play better when we had some speed around the ruck don't know what's up with Macca wether he's carrying a injury he was in prime position to be hooker in the World Cup but he's been poor most of the games this season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gillforsuccess

Post by gillforsuccess » 09 Apr 2022, 08:52

gillforsuccess wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 07:12 Think Radford taking Macca off and then explaining we needed improvement in the ruck when explaining the decision in the press conference tells you everything wrong with us at the minute.

Macca has been world class last 3 in 4 years.....
Was more the point I don't think McShane is the same player under the Radford management style.

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 09 Apr 2022, 09:03

When he was on, he didn’t have the fire he’s had in his belly for the past 3 years. Could be a case of square peg round & round hole with Macca & Radders coaching style.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 09 Apr 2022, 09:33

I noticed before kick off that Macca didn’t look happy. His body language was all wrong.
Even in the warm up he looked grumpy and was not really talking much, contrasting that with Westerman who had a smile on his face and looked to be happy to be there.
I don’t know if the captaincy is weighing heavily on his shoulders or he’s not enjoying playing for Radford but he’s certainly not playing well and when Macca doesn’t play well, Cas don’t play well.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 09 Apr 2022, 16:20

Blackbulltiger wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 23:39 Hope fully end off season if we stay up we can off load are current half backs and invest in different direction this as being a problem since gale left .
Looking at the half back situation in a reasoned and balanced way….

Important to remember that over the last 3 seasons we’ve rarely had 2 fit half backs for a stretch of games. This is the case at the moment where JT is our only fit recognised half (O’Brien is a full back by trade)

This, combined with the fact that JT’s serious back injury and resulting operation is one of the reasons why the persistent bleeting from a minority of supporters for JT to be sacrificed receives a comical response.

Lee will know that he needs an experienced and capable half to buckle up with JT and help his development with guiding us round the park.

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 09 Apr 2022, 16:40

At last logical reasoned mature response to our half back problem👏👏

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 09 Apr 2022, 16:51

the happy hooker9 wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 16:40 At last logical reasoned mature response to our half back problem👏👏
Maybe a logical response and I agree to an extent but our half's have been awful since 2017

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 09 Apr 2022, 17:29

Derbyshiretiger wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 16:51
the happy hooker9 wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 16:40 At last logical reasoned mature response to our half back problem👏👏
Maybe a logical response and I agree to an extent but our half's have been awful since 2017
I think there are 3 main reasons for that:

- sub standard (or no) recruitment
- injuries
- players playing in the halves who are not halves

This has frequently left us with only one recognised half on the park. This has often been a young JT when he was still finding his way in the game.

That’s why those with a “Trueman is crap/garbage” viewpoint sometimes receive a contrary response.

The responsibility for our half back situation sits outside the squad - not within it.

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 09 Apr 2022, 17:45

SuffolkTiger wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 17:29

- injuries

This has frequently left us with only one recognised half on the park. This has often been a young JT when he was still finding his way in the game.

That’s why those with a “Trueman is crap/garbage” viewpoint sometimes receive a contrary response.

The responsibility for our half back situation sits outside the squad - not within it.
Why people stand up for trueman is beyond me cant be watching same player not once took line on yesterday kicking game is now none existance . Like a scared child when come up against a tough team sooner get shunt the better the younger lad fior hull kr was twice the man and player last night

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 09 Apr 2022, 18:40

- injuries

Doesn't matter that he's young. He's an international player who isn't doing anything. Trueman has been mainly garbage this year playing behind a forward pack who have often put us on the front foot, not many teams have dominated our pack. Also if you watch us play we play split halves so it doesn't matter if we only have one half back on the field. What about Dodd at saints he's in his 1st year playing in 1st team regular and he's different class

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 09 Apr 2022, 19:59

Blackbulltiger wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 17:45

- injuries

. Like a scared child when come up against a tough team sooner get shunt the better the younger lad fior hull kr was twice the man and player last night
I'd respond but I'm at a loss how a child becomes a young lad then a man and then has a doppelganger.. 🥴🥴🥺

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 09 Apr 2022, 20:06

dude wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 18:40

- injuries

Doesn't matter that he's young. He's an international player who isn't doing anything. Trueman has been mainly garbage this year playing behind a forward pack who have often put us on the front foot, not many teams have dominated our pack. Also if you watch us play we play split halves so it doesn't matter if we only have one half back on the field. What about Dodd at saints he's in his 1st year playing in 1st team regular and he's different class
Our pack is head & shoulders better than Wakefield’s. Man for man, it’s boys vs men. Trueman will get behind this & run the show & night. Show Lino up for the never has been he was in the NRL.

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 10 Apr 2022, 09:51

BloodMoonRising22UK wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 20:06
dude wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 18:40

- injuries

Our pack is head & shoulders better than Wakefield’s. Man for man, it’s boys vs men. Trueman will get behind this & run the show & night. Show Lino up for the never has been he was in the NRL.
When was last time trueman ran the show like under 11s

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 10 Apr 2022, 11:20

[/quote]

When was last time trueman ran the show like under 11s
[/quote]

I don’t know. I haven’t watched every game he’s played for us. When did he last run the show like he did at Under 11s?

Presumably, when you saw him play at that age group he had another capable half in tandem with him or was it a makeshift full back, hooker or some other position?

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 11 Apr 2022, 07:49

It’s not long ago, many on here were talking about us having the next England half backs in DR and JT!!
Strange how opinions can change🙄