[Match Discussion] Hull KR Quarter Final

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: [Match Discussion] Hull KR Quarter Final

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 09 Apr 2022, 19:23

The rfl need to be clear if Toulouse are eligible for relegation.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 09 Apr 2022, 19:37

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 19:19 Can’t think how or why the RFL would want to try and relegate us in the unlikely event that we finish 11th
We are a lot more financially secure than a number of teams, our attendances put the likes of Salford, Huddersfield etc to shame. We have the best ground atmosphere in the league
Yes there are issues with our ground but it still looks good on TV compared to the empty seats at Huddersfield , Wigan, Hull and Salford ( who are likely to downsize to a 5,000 capacity stadium anyway)
There’s no room for either complacency or paranoia. As long as Radford starts to deliver and soon we should be able to complete a transition season moderately successfully and kick on next year. If yesterday was the start of a second slide though some drastic action may be needed. I just worry about the debacle we had last time we did that when Gary Mercer and Ellery Hanley coached us into the Championship
Unsure about the financial security part. The whole point of the doomed new stadium was to secure the clubs future. The main thrust of the 'thrive not surive' planning supporting document was the vital need for a new stadium to allow us to significantly raise income streams. New modern stafia earn 365 days per year, a lot of income is non-rugby related.
The club became a private company in 2016 for the first time in its history. There is a £2.6 million outstanding loan to Ian and Jan Fulton, which is accruing compound interest at 2.5% above the base rate per annum.

Anyhow licencing is not the issue at the moment.
If the RFL arbitrarily change the rules (which they can't without the clubs agreement) the team being relegated would have grounds for legal action.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 09 Apr 2022, 19:56

Thanks I agree with and am aware of all that. Do you know why we posted such a massive profit earlier in the year though?

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 09 Apr 2022, 19:57

They may well say that clubs were aware of this. They could either say that they’d told clubs (& the clubs had taken the decision not inform the fans or press) or say there was no need to make this explicit as a precedent was set with Catalan.
Would you put any of this beyond the rfl?

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 09 Apr 2022, 19:58

If Leeds scramble about in the bottom 4, they’ll not take the chance & cancel relegation.

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 09 Apr 2022, 20:02

Casmania wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 19:37
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 19:19 Can’t think how or why the RFL would want to try and relegate us in the unlikely event that we finish 11th
We are a lot more financially secure than a number of teams, our attendances put the likes of Salford, Huddersfield etc to shame. We have the best ground atmosphere in the league
Yes there are issues with our ground but it still looks good on TV compared to the empty seats at Huddersfield , Wigan, Hull and Salford ( who are likely to downsize to a 5,000 capacity stadium anyway)
There’s no room for either complacency or paranoia. As long as Radford starts to deliver and soon we should be able to complete a transition season moderately successfully and kick on next year. If yesterday was the start of a second slide though some drastic action may be needed. I just worry about the debacle we had last time we did that when Gary Mercer and Ellery Hanley coached us into the Championship
Unsure about the financial security part. The whole point of the doomed new stadium was to secure the clubs future. The main thrust of the 'thrive not surive' planning supporting document was the vital need for a new stadium to allow us to significantly raise income streams. New modern stafia earn 365 days per year, a lot of income is non-rugby related.
The club became a private company in 2016 for the first time in its history. There is a £2.6 million outstanding loan to Ian and Jan Fulton, which is accruing compound interest at 2.5% above the base rate per annum.

If the RFL arbitrarily change the rules (which they can't without the clubs agreement) the team being relegated would have grounds for legal action.
Now we’re staying at WR, that debt will only carry on being built upon. If we’d have moved & sold WR, the money was planned to be used (in part) to pay off this debt. What now?
Using the council money for this purpose would give us the credit free home to build upon.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 09 Apr 2022, 20:12

BloodMoonRising22UK wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 19:57 They may well say that clubs were aware of this. They could either say that they’d told clubs (& the clubs had taken the decision not inform the fans or press) or say there was no need to make this explicit as a precedent was set with Catalan.
Would you put any of this beyond the rfl?
Yes. It would definitely have leaked by now and there’s no way the clubs would have agreed to it

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 09 Apr 2022, 20:12

BloodMoonRising22UK wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 19:58 If Leeds scramble about in the bottom 4, they’ll not take the chance & cancel relegation.
You’re probably right

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 09 Apr 2022, 20:15

BloodMoonRising22UK wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 20:02

Now we’re staying at WR, that debt will only carry on being built upon. If we’d have moved & sold WR, the money was planned to be used (in part) to pay off this debt. What now?
Using the council money for this purpose would give us the credit free home to build upon.
The club can not sell the ground, it is charged against the loan agreement.
The £2m grant from WMDC is not a free gift to be used as the club wish. It is conditional to ensure community use and involvement.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 09 Apr 2022, 20:23

Casmania wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 20:15
BloodMoonRising22UK wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 20:02

The club can not sell the ground, it is charged against the loan agreement.
The £2m grant from WMDC is not a free gift to be used as the club wish. It is conditional to ensure community use and involvement.
I meant using the loan to repay the loans charged against the ground in terms of us buying back the ground if you will.
Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 09 Apr 2022, 20:42

3 reasons, first the £2m does not cover the debt.
Secondly as I've stated, the £2m grant is not a gift to the club to use as they want. It's purpose is primarily to create and ensure community use. Obviously there is some leeway within this, however paying off debts is not one of them.
Finally you are assuming the Fultons want the loan paying back at this moment in time, especially while accruing interest at 2.5% above the base rate.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 09 Apr 2022, 20:50

I’d be really interested as to the value of the site vs the debt. That alone would really show how far down the river we are.

DebH
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by DebH » 09 Apr 2022, 21:06

Completely off topic even as a cas fan I’m really pleased to see Huddersfield through to the semi. I’ll be cheering them on next round but not sure of those left who can challenge Saints. When a team is so dominant - Toulouse result aside - the whole game becomes a bit predictable. If Covid hadn’t have happened then maybe wolfe’s first season would have looked differently after their poor start, but it was business as usual when we restarted even with no crowds. Fingers crossed for a Yorkshire team in the final.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 09 Apr 2022, 22:23

DebH wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 21:06 Completely off topic even as a cas fan I’m really pleased to see Huddersfield through to the semi. I’ll be cheering them on next round but not sure of those left who can challenge Saints. When a team is so dominant - Toulouse result aside - the whole game becomes a bit predictable. If Covid hadn’t have happened then maybe wolfe’s first season would have looked differently after their poor start, but it was business as usual when we restarted even with no crowds. Fingers crossed for a Yorkshire team in the final.
Wanted Hull to win Huddersfield are just a pointless club with no fans.

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 10 Apr 2022, 06:51

Mucky1978 wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 22:23
DebH wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 21:06 Completely off topic even as a cas fan I’m really pleased to see Huddersfield through to the semi. I’ll be cheering them on next round but not sure of those left who can challenge Saints. When a team is so dominant - Toulouse result aside - the whole game becomes a bit predictable. If Covid hadn’t have happened then maybe wolfe’s first season would have looked differently after their poor start, but it was business as usual when we restarted even with no crowds. Fingers crossed for a Yorkshire team in the final.
Just need Wigan in there now.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Apr 2022, 07:44

BloodMoonRising22UK wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 06:51
Nah can't shout for Wigan hope Wakey win like I'm sure you do really !
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 10 Apr 2022, 09:16

tigerfeat wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 07:44
Nah can't shout for Wigan hope Wakey win like I'm sure you do really !
Why would any Cas fan want them to win? This area couldn’t sustain two successful teams- their growth is a direct threat to us. Can you imagine how much the council would dance to their tune if they won some silverware? Debts would be written off & new applications to upgrade the rest of their ground would sail through.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 10 Apr 2022, 09:41

Most Councillors don’t represent Wakefield do they?

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 10 Apr 2022, 10:59

Interesting statement….

- specifically, what makes them any more or less “pointless” than the other SL clubs? Throughout the SL era they have spent more seasons in the top division than half the current SL teams.
- their average attendance during the SL era is circa 1k less than our average (circa 14% lower). Following your logic, does that mean we have next to no fans?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 10 Apr 2022, 11:22

SuffolkTiger wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 17:34
JIN JER wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 13:00
SuffolkTiger wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 12:53
JIN JER wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 12:32 [ :D quote=BloodMoonRising22UK post_id=635254 time=1649502027 user_id=5083]
I would!
I didn’t expect any different from you. :D
Good luck tomorrow JIN JER.

A semi final line up of KR, Trin, Catalans & Fartown would be refreshing.
Cheers ST, if we get beat we can concentrate on staying up. :)
Just heard about your offer to buy a beer for any Cas fan who shakes your hand after the game on Thursday.

Wonderful gesture of friendship. Happy Easter to you… 👍
[/quote]
I’d be more than happy to buy you a drink mate.🍺👏