Defence

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Defence

Post by Blackbulltiger » 17 Mar 2022, 23:02

Salford 26
Warrington 34
Hull kr 26
Hull 26
Huddesfield 36
Wigan 32
Average 30points a game
Defence is nobodys fault but the coach team and players definently relugation form got wakefield toulose next two games dont keep these two teame under 26 points will be in trouble things not looking good yes had few bad ref calls but so have all teams.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Defence

Post by Sharlotiger » 17 Mar 2022, 23:12

Anyone know how many of those points have been conceded whilst we have had 13 on the field?

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 17 Mar 2022, 23:33

Sharlotiger wrote: 17 Mar 2022, 23:12 Anyone know how many of those points have been conceded whilst we have had 13 on the field?
If you going blame ref for are shambles off a defence and stick you head in sand on how bad we are you being watching a different team

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 17 Mar 2022, 23:34

Lee Radford says he's 'petrified' of being chosen for Sky coverage due to feeling incidents are being penalised more on TV.

"You can cite them and send them to Paul Cullen but snitches get stitches where I come from. But where is the consistency in those decisions?"
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 17 Mar 2022, 23:46

the machine wrote: 17 Mar 2022, 23:34 Lee Radford says he's 'petrified' of being chosen for Sky coverage due to feeling incidents are being penalised more on TV.

"You can cite them and send them to Paul Cullen but snitches get stitches where I come from. But where is the consistency in those decisions?"
Be more petrified about his job if keep defending as we have being

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 18 Mar 2022, 00:10

While our defence really needs work the game a whole has to change. Every match now we're seeing teams with 1 or 2 players being handed cards. Tonight we had a joke of a yellow and a justifiable red however not every high tackle or infringement should go straight to the pocket which is happening at the moment.

It's at that point where we're asking teams to play regularly without a full squad on the field which is affecting game play - take that yellow out of the match tonight and we'd have had a good chance at turning them over.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 18 Mar 2022, 00:30

Matt wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 00:10 While our defence really needs work the game a whole has to change. Every match now we're seeing teams with 1 or 2 players being handed cards. Tonight we had a joke of a yellow and a justifiable red however not every high tackle or infringement should go straight to the pocket which is happening at the moment.

It's at that point where we're asking teams to play regularly without a full squad on the field which is affecting game play - take that yellow out of the match tonight and we'd have had a good chance at turning them over.
I see your point yellow was a joke and spoiling game for sure but the tackles we mist would still happened we 13 on field there was one on one miss tackles i suggest the stats say we have 2nd worse defence in league i cant see any thing else that suggest any thing else .Teams that ship average 30 points a game only go one way thats down be intresting see what leigh average last year was after six games

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 18 Mar 2022, 00:41

Blackbulltiger wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 00:30
Matt wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 00:10 While our defence really needs work the game a whole has to change. Every match now we're seeing teams with 1 or 2 players being handed cards. Tonight we had a joke of a yellow and a justifiable red however not every high tackle or infringement should go straight to the pocket which is happening at the moment.

I see your point yellow was a joke and spoiling game for sure but the tackles we mist would still happened we 13 on field there was one on one miss tackles i suggest the stats say we have 2nd worse defence in league i cant see any thing else that suggest any thing else .Teams that ship average 30 points a game only go one way thats down be intresting see what leigh average last year was after six games
Worked it out leigh average after six first games points against was 34 last year and went down and that was a team expected to finish bottom and had just three months to prepare not 12month

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 18 Mar 2022, 01:06

Blackbulltiger wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 00:41

Worked it out leigh average after six first games points against was 34 last year and went down and that was a team expected to finish bottom and had just three months to prepare not 12month
What’s your control measure in that analysis though?

Given that last season saw teams playing a differing amount of games due to Covid, it’s a questionable hypothesis that you are constructing.

You would also need to factor in the effect of the calibre of teams they played in the first 6 games versus the full season effect (I suspect that their points against average across the full set of games they played was approximately 40 points)

The primary reason they were relegated, however, was that they only won 2 games.

Maybe a review at the mid season point might give a more accurate synopsis.

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 18 Mar 2022, 01:24

SuffolkTiger wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 01:06
Blackbulltiger wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 00:41

What’s your control measure in that analysis though?

Given that last season saw teams playing a differing amount of games due to Covid, it’s a questionable hypothesis that you are constructing.

You would also need to factor in the effect of the calibre of teams they played in the first 6 games versus the full season effect (I suspect that their points against average across the full set of games they played was approximately 40 points)

The primary reason they were relegated, however, was that they only won 2 games.

Maybe a review at the mid season point might give a more accurate synopsis.
Even you must admit if we dont sort out defence we going be in a big hole dont defend how bad it is .leigh had st helens wigan warrington hudds salford cas
I would say harder first six . Specially team just gone up

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 18 Mar 2022, 05:07

I can defend it if that’s my opinion to do so.

As it happens, I’m not. That would be defending the indefensible in that it’s glaringly obvious to everyone that our defending is deficient. The points against column spells that out for all to see.

What I am saying is that your comparison to Leigh last year has several flaws.

We are a team in transition after a very long period under one coach. The facts are that, for large spells of DP’s last 2 seasons, there were signs that this was coming. It’s not new news. This season will be clunky until our squad looks like LR wants it to in 2023. I don’t understand all the wailing and the pointing out the patently obvious just because we’ve lost a few games.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 Mar 2022, 08:59

Add to that attack also - blame the yellow all you want, but for the first 10 minutes, we had all the ball and field position in their half. We made numerous breaks that weren't backed up and when they were, the ball was thrown to anyone but the man. Inside balls back in to the marker, we then resorted to kicks to the corner to try and yield something. It's getting worrying.