Ryan Hampshire

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by SuffolkTiger » 24 Mar 2022, 07:54

tigerfeat wrote: 24 Mar 2022, 07:32
SpiritOf94 wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 21:51 Gutted for the club and gutted for Rocky, just not having much luck anywhere as a club. But they’re trying with limited resources. I expect things to improve but people need to be patient.
Thought we'd spent the full salary cap must be close to it if not
Absolutely. The squad is what the squad is until 2023 - unless any players leave for whatever reason. I guess that Feki is the most obvious example but not sure if his contract settlement would effectively still count as cap spend for 2022.

One of many reasons for having a cap is to protect clubs in the situation we are throwing money at a desperate solution to climb up the table - and then being relegated with all the financial grief that comes with that. With no disrespect to him, that's why LR is having to look at players like Ryan.

We go with what we have.....

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 24 Mar 2022, 09:12

Fumper27 wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 21:06
Mucky1978 wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 18:31 Another shocking bit of business by the board.
We had him on a months trial but offered him a contract after a week and this happens.
Wait till the months up and we could of got rid.
How shortsighted of the club not to foresee that Rocky would break his hand in his first appearance for the club.

Probably Jake Trueman and Cheyse Blair’s fault anyhow….
No but why give him a month trial if we're just guna sign him straight away before hes played a game?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Mar 2022, 09:21

jackknife wrote: 24 Mar 2022, 09:12
Fumper27 wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 21:06
Mucky1978 wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 18:31 Another shocking bit of business by the board.
We had him on a months trial but offered him a contract after a week and this happens.
Wait till the months up and we could of got rid.
How shortsighted of the club not to foresee that Rocky would break his hand in his first appearance no for the club.

Probably Jake Trueman and Cheyse Blair’s fault anyhow….
No but why give him a month trial if we're just guna sign him straight away before hes played a game?
I might of missed it but where did the club announce he was on a months trial? All I can find is the announcement that he’d signed a 1 year deal. That and a lot of reports that suggest he’d joined on a one month trial with no confirmation from the club.

SpiritOf94
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SpiritOf94 » 24 Mar 2022, 10:17

SpiritOf94 wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 21:51 Gutted for the club and gutted for Rocky, just not having much luck anywhere as a club. But they’re trying with limited resources. I expect things to improve but people need to be patient.
I know it can be hard to understand ffs but if you’re at the full salary cap you have limited resources, hence we can’t go out and sign a top player. That’s why we’re knocking about in the bargain basement.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Mar 2022, 10:49

SpiritOf94 wrote: 24 Mar 2022, 10:17
I know it can be hard to understand ffs but if you’re at the full salary cap you have limited resources, hence we can’t go out and sign a top player. That’s why we’re knocking about in the bargain basement.
What's with the attitude ? We've made good profits in recent times were spending the full salary cap and in recent times we will have had players close to marquee money
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 20 May 2022, 23:20

Fair play to Rocky tonight he was our best player by a mile. No pre season, no club, nobody wanting him and then to break his hand when he finally got a chance must have been heartbreaking for the lad. To come in and be arguably our fittest looking player after only two games is testament to his commitment to make a go at his time at cas. Certainly looked more threatening than any of our other pivots tonight and it wouldn’t surprise me if he switches into the halves when Evalds is back.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 May 2022, 23:26

daytona wrote: 20 May 2022, 23:20 Fair play to Rocky tonight he was our best player by a mile. No pre season, no club, nobody wanting him and then to break his hand when he finally got a chance must have been heartbreaking for the lad. To come in and be arguably our fittest looking player after only two games is testament to his commitment to make a go at his time at cas. Certainly looked more threatening than any of our other pivots tonight and it wouldn’t surprise me if he switches into the halves when Evalds is back.
Completely agree I just put in the other thread I'd have him in halfs for next game he's a good player
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 21 May 2022, 07:30

Thing for me with our halves Is we have 4 all of who (exception maybe Trueman just because his undeserved reputation) wouldn't be 1st choice in any of the top 8 or 9 sides in the league. Last night the amount of times Trueman last play options were so bad was unreal. I'd get rid of them all at the end of the season. Trying rocky there can't be any worse than what our current ones are doing and he has something to play for with trying to get a contract too. Also Milner should have been made to walk home after getting a yellow card when we had the ball

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 21 May 2022, 07:37

Bit extreme on milner should have walked thought he really got us moving when he came on unlike macca who is seeming to cut a very below par version of himself. Milner to me seemed to be annoyed at the man coming back on and fully understand why. However should of handled it better but for me after he got marched the ten didn’t seem to say anything else to get the yellow.
We have a squad who is carrying too many bang average players and playing boring rugby. Salford one that by energy and wiling to push the ball and take chances. They looked like a team enjoying there Rugby together, I’d say our left edge has that feel but then anything after that seemed very steady and not sure Blair for mamo achieved anything he looked over weight and very uninterested.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 21 May 2022, 11:18

Probably our best player last night. He’ll be a very good squad player for us when he’s fully match fit.