Ryan Hampshire

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1047
Joined: 27 Apr 2017, 10:53
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by JIN JER » 16 Mar 2022, 13:04

[ :D quote=mart0042 post_id=633571 time=1647430043 user_id=1030]
JIN JER wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 11:04
mart0042 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 10:45
JIN JER wrote: 15 Mar 2022, 11:14
mart0042 wrote: 15 Mar 2022, 10:58 I guess with Richardson out long term along with McClelland, a short term fix isn't too bad. Maybe evalds isn't back so soon.

Personally, I'd give Jason Q a go if it's a fullback we need, if it's a halfback then we can't get much worse. With him
In my opinion Ryan’s best position is full back, he has bags of pace.
I think you're right on his best position but he's not better than evalds or O'Brien and Jason will only get better with more game time under his belt.
You may well be right mate, I wasn’t comparing him with Evalds and O’Brien just stating I think it’s his best position. ;)
I get that. Is there a reason you didn't get him back in rather than escare? Some of the stuff on here says he was anything from crap to fantastic.
[/quote]


I’m reading between the lines but I’d heard/read somewhere that we just didn’t offer him a contract, others said we’d offered him a lower contract, either way I’m assuming the relationship between club and player were soured. He was far from crap, he had a brain fart every know and then but his defense for his size was fantastic, he’s like lightning and to finish it all off I know the lad and he’s and he’s a great kid to boot. Michael Carter might tell you more, I know he used to lurk on here from time to time. :)

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 735
Joined: 31 Mar 2011, 12:13
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by orrsome » 16 Mar 2022, 13:20

yorky wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 11:00
orrsome wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 09:03 For me, he has to be considered as a stop-gap as
we have cover in the halves and full back - if they were all fit.

DR (neck)out for how long???
Evalds (hamstring) out for 6-8 weeks???
McLelland supposed to be back April, but rumour has it that it is now more likely to be June!!!!

I hope that Hampshire will see this trial as an opportunity to put himself in the shop window for other clubs because I can’t see why we would need him when (I hope) we get some injured players back.

As others have said, match fitness may be an issue.
wasnt Feki supposed to be ready in March 2022 :?:
End of March or early April wasn't it?

Won't hold my breath................

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20615
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by old cas lass » 16 Mar 2022, 13:48

orrsome wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 13:20
yorky wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 11:00
orrsome wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 09:03 For me, he has to be considered as a stop-gap as
we have cover in the halves and full back - if they were all fit.

DR (neck)out for how long???
Evalds (hamstring) out for 6-8 weeks???
McLelland supposed to be back April, but rumour has it that it is now more likely to be June!!!!

I hope that Hampshire will see this trial as an opportunity to put himself in the shop window for other clubs because I can’t see why we would need him when (I hope) we get some injured players back.

As others have said, match fitness may be an issue.
wasnt Feki supposed to be ready in March 2022 :?:
End of March or early April wasn't it?

Won't hold my breath................
Feki at least another month according to radford.

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4625
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by gateman » 16 Mar 2022, 15:05

Feki will certainly have no bumps and bruises

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20615
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by old cas lass » 16 Mar 2022, 15:34

gateman wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 15:05 Feki will certainly have no bumps and bruises
He’s gonna be in for a culture shock :D

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4625
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by gateman » 16 Mar 2022, 15:42

old cas lass wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 15:34
gateman wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 15:05 Feki will certainly have no bumps and bruises
He’s gonna be in for a culture shock :D
well over two years out of the game he certainly is

User avatar
yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3892
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 18:50
Location: York, UK
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by yorky » 16 Mar 2022, 18:09


User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20615
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by old cas lass » 16 Mar 2022, 19:16

yorky wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 18:09 signed on a 1 year contract https://castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=7942
Looks like Richardson could be out longer than expected.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12900
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Mar 2022, 19:25

old cas lass wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 19:16
yorky wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 18:09 signed on a 1 year contract https://castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=7942
Looks like Richardson could be out longer than expected.
Good buisness by Cas ...he will have every chance once he gets himself match fit
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 307
Joined: 10 Dec 2020, 21:33
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 16 Mar 2022, 21:00

Good bit of buisness really. However we need quality half backs next year,it's been a shambles in these positions for too long now. Sharper than Richardson,I hope he does a good job for us, I certainly think he will give us 100%

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11373
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Mar 2022, 21:01

Classysupercas6202 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 21:00 I certainly think he will give us 100%
James Clare gives 100%, doesn’t mean I’d have him in the side (unless we had the other 6 wingers unavailable)

User avatar
Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 13936
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 17:42
Twitter: @invmatt
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by Matt » 16 Mar 2022, 21:47

For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 307
Joined: 10 Dec 2020, 21:33
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 16 Mar 2022, 22:58

Fumper27 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 21:01
Classysupercas6202 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 21:00 I certainly think he will give us 100%
James Clare gives 100%, doesn’t mean I’d have him in the side (unless we had the other 6 wingers unavailable)
True,but if you think cas are gona sign someone better this year,I doubt it

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11373
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Mar 2022, 23:10

Classysupercas6202 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 22:58
Fumper27 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 21:01
Classysupercas6202 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 21:00 I certainly think he will give us 100%
James Clare gives 100%, doesn’t mean I’d have him in the side (unless we had the other 6 wingers unavailable)
True,but if you think cas are gona sign someone better this year,I doubt it
I thought they’d signed better in the off season…..

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 689
Joined: 09 Jul 2006, 14:30
Location: WRAGBY
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 17 Mar 2022, 08:30

Whats happening with Mark kheirellah?
Contract was terminated by Toulouse. Nit sure if hes got a contract somewhere but if we want cover at fb then I'd have prefered him to Hampshire or Escare
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 307
Joined: 10 Dec 2020, 21:33
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 17 Mar 2022, 08:58

Fumper27 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 23:10
Classysupercas6202 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 22:58
Fumper27 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 21:01
Classysupercas6202 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 21:00 I certainly think he will give us 100%
James Clare gives 100%, doesn’t mean I’d have him in the side (unless we had the other 6 wingers unavailable)
True,but if you think cas are gona sign someone better this year,I doubt it
I thought they’d signed better in the off season…..
Yer me too,but for some strange reason radford didn't,and we are left in a mess now. Richardson and trueman and obrien simply are not effective enough in these positions and one of the reasons we are second from bottom.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2467
Joined: 04 Aug 2014, 19:32
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by SuffolkTiger » 17 Mar 2022, 09:35

SWISS TONY!! wrote: 17 Mar 2022, 08:30 Whats happening with Mark kheirellah?
Contract was terminated by Toulouse. Nit sure if hes got a contract somewhere but if we want cover at fb then I'd have prefered him to Hampshire or Escare
He was dismissed by TO for gross misconduct around the time this season started.

A handful players in that squad had refused to have their Covid jabs. Seems unclear if that was part of the reason why he went or if that situation was resolved.

Not sure where that leaves him at present…..

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4625
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by gateman » 17 Mar 2022, 09:44

our half backs may not be ripping it up . but have look at Leeds those two will being paid a very good wage and what for, i certainly would not pick on ours the problem is across the board we have scored enough points to win games shame our defence as been that weak the other teams have scored more

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12900
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Mar 2022, 10:19

Classysupercas6202 wrote: 17 Mar 2022, 08:58
Fumper27 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 23:10
Classysupercas6202 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 22:58
Fumper27 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 21:01
Classysupercas6202 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 21:00 I certainly think he will give us 100%
James Clare gives 100%, doesn’t mean I’d have him in the side (unless we had the other 6 wingers unavailable)
True,but if you think cas are gona sign someone better this year,I doubt it
I thought they’d signed better in the off season…..
Yer me too,but for some strange reason radford didn't,and we are left in a mess now. Richardson and trueman and obrien simply are not effective enough in these positions and one of the reasons we are second from bottom.
You can't blame Radford for the half backs he didn't sign them maybe McClelland for signing a injured player I don't know... the other three were under contract and going nowhere interesting to see what we do for next season now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

User avatar
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 6349
Joined: 24 May 2007, 15:06
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....
Contact:

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by mart0042 » 17 Mar 2022, 11:08

JIN JER wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 13:04 [ :D quote=mart0042 post_id=633571 time=1647430043 user_id=1030]
JIN JER wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 11:04
mart0042 wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 10:45
JIN JER wrote: 15 Mar 2022, 11:14
mart0042 wrote: 15 Mar 2022, 10:58 I guess with Richardson out long term along with McClelland, a short term fix isn't too bad. Maybe evalds isn't back so soon.

Personally, I'd give Jason Q a go if it's a fullback we need, if it's a halfback then we can't get much worse. With him
In my opinion Ryan’s best position is full back, he has bags of pace.
I think you're right on his best position but he's not better than evalds or O'Brien and Jason will only get better with more game time under his belt.
You may well be right mate, I wasn’t comparing him with Evalds and O’Brien just stating I think it’s his best position. ;)
I get that. Is there a reason you didn't get him back in rather than escare? Some of the stuff on here says he was anything from crap to fantastic.

I’m reading between the lines but I’d heard/read somewhere that we just didn’t offer him a contract, others said we’d offered him a lower contract, either way I’m assuming the relationship between club and player were soured. He was far from crap, he had a brain fart every know and then but his defense for his size was fantastic, he’s like lightning and to finish it all off I know the lad and he’s and he’s a great kid to boot. Michael Carter might tell you more, I know he used to lurk on here from time to time. :)
[/quote]
Thanks Jin Jer. I heard he'd been offered a contract but wanted to look around first. He then came back to the contract and it was withdrawn. Well here's here now and hoping the farts don't come too often!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 3 guests