[Match Discussion] Pie Eaters on Thursday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: [Match Discussion] Pie Eaters on Thursday

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Mar 2022, 13:01

It’s fine to pretend the yellow wasn’t crucial and it was all the fault of a returning half back but the fact is that it was 5 tries to 4 and 2 of the 5 were scored against 12 men made by probably the most in form player in the competition walking through the gap left by the player in the bin . Wigan scored no more tries after the defence went up to 13 or even when it went back to 12 again. Cas got all four tries against 13..

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Mar 2022, 13:11

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 13:01 It’s fine to pretend the yellow wasn’t crucial and it was all the fault of a returning half back but the fact is that it was 5 tries to 4 and 2 of the 5 were scored against 12 men made by probably the most in form player in the competition walking through the gap left by the player in the bin . Wigan scored no more tries after the defence went up to 13 or even when it went back to 12 again. Cas got all four tries against 13..
TT, go sit in the naughty corner and give your head a shake. You should know by now that facts on here get “top trumped” by thoughts, opinions and conjecture every single time….

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 18 Mar 2022, 13:55

From a more reasoned point of view than some amongst us who revel in any loss.

Not much between the 2 x sides, main difference was Jay Field and the yellow card, thought Field looked their only real threat. Think we were in with a really good shot of winning that game, momentum had switched our way, the game changer was the yellow card, which opened up even more space for Field, and stretched us to breaking point. Didnt help being a man down, players were gassed but still pulled their bags out right till the final whistle, which is a good sign.

No arguments with the red, in years gone by it was a penalty and possible yellow, as there was zero intent, but we are where we are and if it had been the other way round and Partington had done that I would have wanted to see him walk. Credit to the Wigan player Isa for not milking it.

Dont think we're that far off, Wigan are tipped for the top 4 and we should have turned them over at their spot last night, and without the yellow I think we do.

Macca playing at 9 and I think Westy has support on those breaks, so playing him at half is hurting us. Westy for the 6th game in a row the best Cas player on the pitch. Fonua looks to have lost a yard (at least)of pace and looks to me like a prop forward playing in the centres. Impressed with Lawler, clearly not a hooker but I like what this guy does, good footwork, good hands, tackles and runs over his weight with a great engine.

Greg Eden had another great game, fair play to him, I genuinely didnt think he would make the impact he has, so big enough to admit I was wrong on that one.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 18 Mar 2022, 14:32

It's two weeks on the trot (at least) when our poor discipline, poor ref decisions and a weak defence have simply left us with too much to do.

In spite of that, we can score tries and put teams under pressure so there's no need to panic yet

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 Mar 2022, 14:37

westyorkylad wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 13:55 From a more reasoned point of view than some amongst us who revel in any loss.

Not much between the 2 x sides, main difference was Jay Field and the yellow card, thought Field looked their only real threat. Think we were in with a really good shot of winning that game, momentum had switched our way, the game changer was the yellow card, which opened up even more space for Field, and stretched us to breaking point. Didnt help being a man down, players were gassed but still pulled their bags out right till the final whistle, which is a good sign.

No arguments with the red, in years gone by it was a penalty and possible yellow, as there was zero intent, but we are where we are and if it had been the other way round and Partington had done that I would have wanted to see him walk. Credit to the Wigan player Isa for not milking it.

Dont think we're that far off, Wigan are tipped for the top 4 and we should have turned them over at their spot last night, and without the yellow I think we do.

Macca playing at 9 and I think Westy has support on those breaks, so playing him at half is hurting us. Westy for the 6th game in a row the best Cas player on the pitch. Fonua looks to have lost a yard (at least)of pace and looks to me like a prop forward playing in the centres. Impressed with Lawler, clearly not a hooker but I like what this guy does, good footwork, good hands, tackles and runs over his weight with a great engine.

Greg Eden had another great game, fair play to him, I genuinely didnt think he would make the impact he has, so big enough to admit I was wrong on that one.
That's a fair analysis and you say we weren't far off, which is maybe true - but the massive difference last night was converting pressure to points and has been a story of our season so far.

We spent pretty much the first 10 minutes in Wigan's half from breaks and penalties and could only come away with 2 points. They scored on their first visit to ours. We was devoid of ideas. We only scored when we played off the cuff style rugby, from sheer panic.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 18 Mar 2022, 15:05

the machine wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 10:44
Fumper27 wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 08:30 I think it was massive. Without that, Eden scores and we do in at half time 10-12 up. Instead, by the time Fonua comes back it’s 22-6 and game over.
Fonua knocked on so would have been called back
I agree, however having the sky cameras there gave Kendall the perfect opportunity to let eden finish, go to the screen & ask video ref to check for Cas knock on & any potential foul play in the tackle. Common sense should, at that point, prevail with video ref saying that Fonua’s feet do not move & wigan player actually runs into him. Wigan player puts himself in a vulnerable position & fonua knocks on. Wigan scrum.
The game/RFL has really outdone itself in shooting itself in the foot this season.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 18 Mar 2022, 15:07

FIat Capper wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 14:32
In spite of that, we can score tries and put teams under pressure so there's no need to panic yet
No need to tell the sage of Fev that the sporting history books have page on page of plucky teams who come close week after week but don’t register the 2 points. Three years ago London on their last sojourn to the top flight went down having won 10 of their 29 matches not bad when viewed against our own sorry start to the campaign. We should be thankful for a Toulouse team unprepared for the step up to SL… that said I’m counting no chickens

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 18 Mar 2022, 16:16

FIat Capper wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 14:32 It's two weeks on the trot (at least) when our poor discipline, poor ref decisions and a weak defence have simply left us with too much to do.
alftupper wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 15:07
FIat Capper wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 14:32
No need to tell the sage of Fev that the sporting history books have page on page of plucky teams who come close week after week but don’t register the 2 points. Three years ago London on their last sojourn to the top flight went down having won 10 of their 29 matches not bad when viewed against our own sorry start to the campaign. We should be thankful for a Toulouse team unprepared for the step up to SL… that said I’m counting no chickens
And now I've put the whole comments in with full context and the acknowledgement that we're not getting it right seems to suggest your editing is another case of misinformation.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Mar 2022, 16:57

a few more players going down biggest worry is Joe any one know how he went on reported going to hospital with an eye injury

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Mar 2022, 17:17

Fumper27 wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 13:11
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 13:01 It’s fine to pretend the yellow wasn’t crucial and it was all the fault of a returning half back but the fact is that it was 5 tries to 4 and 2 of the 5 were scored against 12 men made by probably the most in form player in the competition walking through the gap left by the player in the bin . Wigan scored no more tries after the defence went up to 13 or even when it went back to 12 again. Cas got all four tries against 13..
TT, go sit in the naughty corner and give your head a shake. You should know by now that facts on here get “top trumped” by thoughts, opinions and conjecture every single time….
😂😂😂

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 18 Mar 2022, 17:52

westyorkylad wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 13:55 From a more reasoned point of view than some amongst us who revel in any loss.

Cracking post.

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 18 Mar 2022, 18:52

Dont matter how you try find positives out off it we are average in letting 30 points a game and are all ready 8 points behind wigan and in a religation battle for are lives you dont beleive this total tinted classes on

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 18 Mar 2022, 19:16

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 02:35 Fair enough your point about not blaming the on field ref , but it’s impossible to understand what message he had from ‘upstairs’ .
The ref in last week’s Huddersfield match used yellow cards to ensure that nearly half the match was played with one team or the other being down to 12 men.
‘Upstairs’ then reviewed those four incidents and decided that none of them deserved any action. Despite that the Fonua card tonight was given for a ‘ late tackle’ even less significant than McGilvray’s last week and it decided the match. Surely the on field ref must be culpable for an incorrect call?
Your rate Tamworth, in that if myself or any of you out there performed in your everyday job as Kendall did last neet, I would expect at least a rollicking or possibly the red card from your job. Kendall should be at least told to see LR face to face and explain and apologise for the absolute shocking performance he dished out last neet. You wouldn't mind if it was now and again but it is not.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 18 Mar 2022, 19:34

Just watching a replay of the NRL from this morning.

Subject of "the bunker" came up and some contentious decisions... The commentators then mention how a game in super league last night was RUINED by a very strange yellow card which had everyone scratching their heads.

Now if it's managed to be mentioned by the commentary team in oz... Who on occasions forget that super league even exists... You know it is a shocker

masher

Post by masher » 18 Mar 2022, 19:40

the machine wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 10:44
Fumper27 wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 08:30 I think it was massive. Without that, Eden scores and we do in at half time 10-12 up. Instead, by the time Fonua comes back it’s 22-6 and game over.
Fonua knocked on so would have been called back
l wasn't sure if Fonua touched the ball, but if he did how the hell can he be penalised for a late tackle. If he was there as the ball was been released he can’t have been late enough to warrant a penalty, nevermind a yellow card

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 18 Mar 2022, 19:43

Your rate St Albans 👍✊🐯

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Mar 2022, 19:58

Blackbulltiger wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 18:52

Dont matter how you try find positives out off it we are average in letting 30 points a game and are all ready 8 points behind wigan and in a religation battle for are lives you dont beleive this total tinted classes on
Here we go again shut discussion down with the ‘tinted glasses’ us and them playground name calling

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Mar 2022, 20:46

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 19:58
Blackbulltiger wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 18:52

Here we go again shut discussion down with the ‘tinted glasses’ us and them playground name calling
You need to put your GLASSES on TT as the poster is referring to “tinted classes”, whatever they are. Must be something that only ex professional players are privy to.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Mar 2022, 22:48

I’ll pick them up when I’m allowed out of the naughty corner Fumper!

DebH
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by DebH » 18 Mar 2022, 23:14

At least Salford did us a favor tonight