Kane Evans

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Kane Evans

Post by SuffolkTiger » 11 Mar 2022, 20:46

Blackbulltiger wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 15:10
Fumper27 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 11:10 Is this the type of “big, nasty prop” various contributors on here constantly bang on about us needing? If so, no

You say that but you need to win the battle in the middle to win any game you should now that being ameture county player . Thats why leeds got steemed rolled last night got dominated by hulls big nasty pack .Why warrington wont do any thing this year powell all ready started shrinking there pack. Every team needs the big nasty blokes in middle always have always will.
This evening’s game will tell DP exactly where they are as a team. Although nothing is won at this stage of (correct spelling) the season, with 20% of the regular rounds completed, all 12 coaches will want to be able to see all processes and structures embedded now.

“Do nothing” is a vague statement as all teams will “do something” but I expect them to be well in the mix in both competitions.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 11 Mar 2022, 22:30

Theres no place in the game for a "big nasty prop" anymore those yellow cards are given out way to easy. Fit mobile props with decent hands are the way forward now.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 11 Mar 2022, 22:40

Fumper27 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 19:07
Blackbulltiger wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 18:56
Fumper27 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 18:29 Out of interest, who is the “big, nasty prop” for Saints? I don’t think they have one and don’t seem to do too badly when the trophy’s are dished out.
Not sure if your joking or generally no nothing lol saints had one off biggest packs for ages think your getting mixed up we player who plays dirty breaking the rules to actual hard men off the game who command the middlle off the park but can understand coming from sunday pub league was all dirty play lol no skill.
Once again, you avoid the question asked that could further the debate with childish digs. Is it because you don’t know or because you can’t name one? Or the fact that saints get by with a mix of size and skill and don’t have to rely on being “nasty”.
Seen tonight the bigger forwrards dominated down middle warrington plenty space out wide but there pack is well too small. Even the commentor said the great big props saints have had over the years to say you dont need the big guys in middle your way off mark .

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Mar 2022, 22:59

Blackbulltiger wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 22:40
Fumper27 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 19:07
Blackbulltiger wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 18:56
Fumper27 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 18:29 Out of interest, who is the “big, nasty prop” for Saints? I don’t think they have one and don’t seem to do too badly when the trophy’s are dished out.
Not sure if your joking or generally no nothing lol saints had one off biggest packs for ages think your getting mixed up we player who plays dirty breaking the rules to actual hard men off the game who command the middlle off the park but can understand coming from sunday pub league was all dirty play lol no skill.
Once again, you avoid the question asked that could further the debate with childish digs. Is it because you don’t know or because you can’t name one? Or the fact that saints get by with a mix of size and skill and don’t have to rely on being “nasty”.
to say you dont need the big guys in middle your way off mark .
Remind me where I said that please??? I said I wouldn’t want a player like Kane Evans, one whose gonna spend more time off the pitch or banned than he does on it.

It looked to me like saints forwards played with plenty of skill tonight and they are a big set. However, as usual, you fail to read the OP or go off topic to fit your narrative. My initial post was about “big, nasty props”, ones like Kane Evans, not big skilful ones like Walmsley, Knowles, etc

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Mar 2022, 23:00

jackknife wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 22:30 Theres no place in the game for a "big nasty prop" anymore those yellow cards are given out way to easy. Fit mobile props with decent hands are the way forward now.
Totally agree. The time of the enforcer is over. Players like O Connor, McDermott, Kelvin Skerritt and even Dean Sampson would have no place in todays game

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 14 Mar 2022, 11:45

Fumper27 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 23:00
jackknife wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 22:30 Theres no place in the game for a "big nasty prop" anymore those yellow cards are given out way to easy. Fit mobile props with decent hands are the way forward now.
Totally agree. The time of the enforcer is over. Players like O Connor, McDermott, Kelvin Skerritt and even Dean Sampson would have no place in todays game
I think you're all confusing 'big, nasty prop' with dirty. there will always be a place for the hard man, the one who doesn't hold back in the tackle but tackles you fair and square. The bloke who would, quite literally, run through a brick wall with a smile on his face.

I'm not talking about the coward who comes in third man and cannonballs the ball carrier but the one who will stand toe-to-toe with anyone, hit them square, smash the bread basket and put you firmly on your rear.

I'd even go as far as to say the game needs more of this rather than the half-hearted grab around the upper body that more often than not slides up and slaps he head. Proper tackles are just what the game needs.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Mar 2022, 15:37

Banned for two games