Deflation to Elation a day is a long time in Sport

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Stoke Bloke
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Erm......Stoke surprisingly. Thats the rough bit between Manchester and Birmingham.

Deflation to Elation a day is a long time in Sport

Post by Stoke Bloke » 07 Mar 2022, 15:53

5pm Saturday evening and I'm walking away from the Bet 365 Stadium absolutely gutted at another inept, abysmal, gutless performance by my other favourite sporting team. Those of you who know me know that I can accept defeat but what I won't tolerate is a lack of effort.

Fast forward then 24 hours to 5pm Sunday evening and all of a sudden I'm one happy chappy. It's not that we beat Hull so much as the fact that I'd already written us off for this one. In my mind I just couldn't see us beating Hull, especially after the performance against KR.

So thank you Cas, finally a spark of joy amidst the sea of sporting despair, also good to see another 10,000 plus attendance. That's a 10 followed by three zeros for the benefit of Wakefield supporters.

Really, hoping to get to the Jungle a few times this season, it would be nice to see some old faces assuming they're still attending. Hopefully I can get a carer in for the missus that coincides with having the fuel money whilst avoiding the demands of my tribe.

So until then its Sky, BBC, radio Leeds or whatever I can get online. It's good to touch base.

Still Loyal, Still Loud, Still Cas.

Stokie
BE LOYAL BE LOUD BE CAS.

John 3:16

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Deflation to Elation a day is a long time in Sport

Post by Piquad1 » 07 Mar 2022, 17:51

Nice one Stokie. Take care.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 07 Mar 2022, 19:40

Nice one Stoke bloke, and 🤞 for a trip or two to the rate side of the hills if you can get the relevant care for the missus. As for the fuel money maybe get a bank loan 🥴 Anyway 20k for 2 home games is brilliant and long may it continue and hopefully you can get downt lane soon 🐯🖤🧡

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 07 Mar 2022, 20:36

Yesterday was the first time in a long time, I've enjoyed a Cas game. The atmosphere in the WRE and electric at times and the game was exciting from minute 1 to 80. It's been a good while since I last celebrated a try with strangers, like I did for Edens try.

Everything felt back to normal yesterday and the lads seemed to reciprocate the support in how they played. Hopefully now we've got out first win and the pressure for that first 2 points is off, we now climb the table.

Win or lose, just play the Cas way. Much rather go down fighting the way we played yesterday than the stuff we've played the first few games.

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 07 Mar 2022, 21:18

heritage1926 wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 20:36 Yesterday was the first time in a long time, I've enjoyed a Cas game. The atmosphere in the WRE and electric at times and the game was exciting from minute 1 to 80. It's been a good while since I last celebrated a try with strangers, like I did for Edens try.

Everything felt back to normal yesterday and the lads seemed to reciprocate the support in how they played. Hopefully now we've got out first win and the pressure for that first 2 points is off, we now climb the table.

Win or lose, just play the Cas way. Much rather go down fighting the way we played yesterday than the stuff we've played the first few games.
Aye. Felt the same. As long as they put a decent performance in I don't mind the result as much. Was so nice to feel nervous going into last 5 minutes. Forgot what that was like.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 07 Mar 2022, 21:45

Stoke Bloke wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 15:53 5pm Saturday evening and I'm walking away from the Bet 365 Stadium absolutely gutted at another inept, abysmal, gutless performance by my other favourite sporting team. Those of you who know me know that I can accept defeat but what I won't tolerate is a lack of effort.

Fast forward then 24 hours to 5pm Sunday evening and all of a sudden I'm one happy chappy. It's not that we beat Hull so much as the fact that I'd already written us off for this one. In my mind I just couldn't see us beating Hull, especially after the performance against KR.

So thank you Cas, finally a spark of joy amidst the sea of sporting despair, also good to see another 10,000 plus attendance. That's a 10 followed by three zeros for the benefit of Wakefield supporters.

Really, hoping to get to the Jungle a few times this season, it would be nice to see some old faces assuming they're still attending. Hopefully I can get a carer in for the missus that coincides with having the fuel money whilst avoiding the demands of my tribe.

So until then its Sky, BBC, radio Leeds or whatever I can get online. It's good to touch base.

Still Loyal, Still Loud, Still Cas.

Stokie
Well played Stokie.

As a Leeds United fan, I share your pain. We are in a hole at the moment and the Saviour has departed.

So, I agree, yesterday was a fantastic tonic.

All the best to you & Mrs Stokie.

p.s.
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by p.s. » 08 Mar 2022, 09:28

There was a group of schoolboys from a click & clap school in Surrey attending their first RL game. Does anyone know if they enjoyed themselves?

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 08 Mar 2022, 13:26

p.s. wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 09:28 There was a group of schoolboys from a click & clap school in Surrey attending their first RL game. Does anyone know if they enjoyed themselves?
Did they get drunk, take their clothes off, puke in a glass and drink it? If not, I dare say they were bored to death.