[Match Discussion] Hull FC (Home)

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: [Match Discussion] Hull FC (Home)

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Mar 2022, 21:18

Blackbulltiger wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 20:33
Fumper27 wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 20:27
Blackbulltiger wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 20:17
Fumper27 wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 20:04
Blackbulltiger wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 19:48
maca maid massive difference at halfs what i called for 12month ago
Who to mate? You weren’t on here 12 months ago (as I pointed out a week or two back). If you did claim that, good shout.
Lmao your comedy gold even your boy blair and good game 👏👏
I was not joking? You said you wanted Macca at half back 12 months ago. You joined this forum 9 months ago. Simple maths tells us you did not post it on here. So I ask, who did you say it to, if you did? Hats off to you if you did as Macca looked back to his best today. Why so difficult to answer a simple question? Just say you told someone in the pub if you have to.
😁😁😊😊😊😁 it really bothers you when i am right love it one day you might make a good call on here maybe not this year on top four but if blair keeps improving who nows lol you might sort off one right am hoping for you 😆

Sorry, you’ve lost me. What you right about now?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Mar 2022, 21:23

Quick question for the stato’s out there…. Has there been another game where there’s been tries scored immediately from the kick off, by the team kicking off (Smith and Griffin today)

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 06 Mar 2022, 21:24

heritage1926 wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 20:06 We'd not lose a game if we had 17 Joe Westermans. Could see how much it meant to him at the final hooter. Was nearly in tears.
yes so him after game look into sky and say thank f@ck for that vital first win. Think next be hard game Huddersfield are better team then hull this year . But monkey off back got rid off big fat zero points

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 06 Mar 2022, 21:27

Fumper27 wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 21:23 Quick question for the stato’s out there…. Has there been another game where there’s been tries scored immediately from the kick off, by the team kicking off (Smith and Griffin today)
I was at a game years ago.
Think it was when Andy Henderson was still playing for us.
It was at hull fc (how ironic) cas kicked off hull lost the ball and I’m sure it was Henderson scored the try from the mistake.

I’m sure someone else will remember this.
Not sure of the timing, but it was less than 20 seconds.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 06 Mar 2022, 21:43

Fantastic result to come in from work to. Lets hope we kick on from this and Eden gets a regular starting spot.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 06 Mar 2022, 21:43

Fumper27 wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 21:18
Fumper27 wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 20:04

Who to mate? You weren’t on here 12 months ago (as I pointed out a week or two back). If you did claim that, good shout.
I was not joking? You said you wanted Macca at half back 12 months ago. You joined this forum 9 months ago. Simple maths tells us you did not post it on here. So I ask, who did you say it to, if you did? Hats off to you if you did as Macca looked back to his best today. Why so difficult to answer a simple question? Just say you told someone in the pub if you have to.
😁😁😊😊😊😁 it really bothers you when i am right love it one day you might make a good call on here maybe not this year on top four but if blair keeps improving who nows lol you might sort off one right am hoping for you 😆

To be fair to blackbull, if anyone was to follow his track record and have multiple identities over several years on this forum (and have most of those profiles banned) it would be very, very difficult to remember what you said, when you said it & who said what in response…!!! 😃

Life’s complicated enough…..

Great win today. It’s an evening to savour it.

Just watched the SKY highlights. What a transformation 👍

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... gby-league

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 06 Mar 2022, 21:52

I wonder what Connor said the GOB on way back to after the drop goal.
GOB had a laugh on his face.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Mar 2022, 21:52

old cas lass wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 21:27
Fumper27 wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 21:23 Quick question for the stato’s out there…. Has there been another game where there’s been tries scored immediately from the kick off, by the team kicking off (Smith and Griffin today)
It was at hull fc (how ironic) cas kicked off hull lost the ball and I’m sure it was Henderson scored the try from the mistake.

I know it’s happened in a game before, but twice?

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 06 Mar 2022, 21:56

Hi Fumper
Didn't think young Brad got on.
But may have been mistaken as my eyesight much like the rest of me doesn't function as well as in my youth.
Apologies to the lad if l am mistaken.
Certainly not having a dig at anyone one who pulled on a shirt on today.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 06 Mar 2022, 21:58

I remember it. Pretty sure we got tackled 1 yard from line though and he scooted over on next play.

Also Fumper pretty sure it happened in superleague last year. May of been at Hull KR.

Team A kicked off. Ball bounced a few times and team A collected and scored.

Not seen it happen with 2 knock ons from kick off in a game though.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 06 Mar 2022, 22:02

Good to get the win but our defence is poor. Need to stiffen it up if we want to beat Huddersfield.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 06 Mar 2022, 22:06

Quick google. Happened against us in 2018... Quinlan from a Hull KR kick off. Took 7 seconds according to Hull Daily.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 06 Mar 2022, 22:12

old cas lass wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 21:52 I wonder what Connor said the GOB on way back to after the drop goal.
It looked good value that didn't it?

I listened to the game on BBC Radio Humberside. Jake got very mixed coverage throughout and after the game from Hull focused reporters & fans. As many negatives as positives. Most not surprised that he wasn't in the England squad. Having said that, it's about time he had an iffy game against us as he usually causes us strife.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Mar 2022, 22:12

Swagger wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 21:58

I remember it. Pretty sure we got tackled 1 yard from line though and he scooted over on next play.

Also Fumper pretty sure it happened in superleague last year. May of been at Hull KR.

Team A kicked off. Ball bounced a few times and team A collected and scored.

Not seen it happen with 2 knock ons from kick off in a game though.
Yeah, Ben Crooks scored the fastest try ever after 7 seconds when recovering Kick off by Jordan Abdull

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Mar 2022, 22:13

casjunction wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 21:56 Hi Fumper
Didn't think young Brad got on.
But may have been mistaken as my eyesight much like the rest of me doesn't function as well as in my youth.
Apologies to the lad if l am mistaken.
Certainly not having a dig at anyone one who pulled on a shirt on today.
No worries old friend. Thought it was a typo….

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Mar 2022, 22:14

old cas lass wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 21:52 I wonder what Connor said the GOB on way back to after the drop goal.
Maybe GOB said to Connor “you’ve really got to stop getting beaten on the outside for pace by our players”

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 06 Mar 2022, 22:15

As i said earlier to day we needed to let the ball do the work keep the ball moving move them constantly and variety in there 20 and that is what we got. Well done lads the scoreline did flatter hull as ref gave them so so much yet we stuck to the plan of moving them around. As i said we just don't have size of pack to go toe to toe 5 runs and kick so need to play flowing style and also in there 20 variety was better we did grubbers rather than just the same repetitive high kicks. Thankfully lee had to juggle team and as i have said previously our best half is actually mcshane is more involved and helps us move round park better, half back is not all skill it's the quick brains to see something rather than been predictable. One thing we do need to correct is to take the points when on a plate, today we turned down 2 kicks in front of sticks, those 4 points could have been crucial at end of day. Big well done to greg especially that 3rd try reminded me of the quare quare one taking him on and hopefully he stays fit and as long run in team. I said today wanted to see improvement and that's what we saw all round and hopefully this can kick start our season now. Well done today and let's see us play this way all time, bin the boring rugby let it flow and give us spectators the product we want to see, once again well done now lets keep it going COYF

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 06 Mar 2022, 22:17

SuffolkTiger wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 21:43
Fumper27 wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 21:18

To be fair to blackbull, if anyone was to follow his track record and have multiple identities over several years on this forum (and have most of those profiles banned) it would be very, very difficult to remember what you said, when you said it & who said what in response…!!! 😃

Life’s complicated enough…..

Great win today. It’s an evening to savour it.

Just watched the SKY highlights. What a transformation 👍

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... gby-league
hope that's another 5 pound to charity for having a go at one off my post mounting up now lol. your obsessed which is quite creepy

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Mar 2022, 22:26

Connor in danger of waisting the talent he has should have been in the England squad but I don't blame Wane for not picking him how can he rely on him in the heat of of a final or semi final against the Aussies he's so easy to wind up Macca was at him all game and in end he was quite poor today I thought
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 06 Mar 2022, 22:47

Credit due to cas,I honestly thought we was in for a drubbing when I saw the team. Just shows when you have to make changes to the team,you learn lots of things.great crowd considering the first 3 games. Radford deserves a pat on the back for that one considering the team we had out. Let's hope we can continue improving now,because on paper we have a strong side if everyone pulls there finger out.