Poor planning prevents.......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Poor planning prevents.......

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Feb 2022, 11:16

Just put the full season's fixtures in my diary and realised:

- there are 2 weekends where we (and all other teams) play 2 games in 4 days (Easter & August Bank Holiday)
- one of these is the penultimate weekend of the regular season (August Bank Holiday) which means that all the important placings at both ends of the table will be decided/heavily influenced by all teams playing 3 games in 8 or 9 days
- on the other hand, there are 2 weekends where there are no fixtures (Challenge Cup Final & International weekend)

I understand the tradition of the Challenge Cup but does it really prevent other fixtures taking place? Also, do we really need to put a halt to things for what is an international friendly?

In a time where player welfare is paramount, I don't see the wisdom of the double header weekends.

Any views?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Poor planning prevents.......

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Feb 2022, 11:45

SuffolkTiger wrote: 21 Feb 2022, 11:16 Just put the full season's fixtures in my diary and realised:

- there are 2 weekends where we (and all other teams) play 2 games in 4 days (Easter & August Bank Holiday)
- one of these is the penultimate weekend of the regular season (August Bank Holiday) which means that all the important placings at both ends of the table will be decided/heavily influenced by all teams playing 3 games in 8 or 9 days
- on the other hand, there are 2 weekends where there are no fixtures (Challenge Cup Final & International weekend)

I understand the tradition of the Challenge Cup but does it really prevent other fixtures taking place? Also, do we really need to put a halt to things for what is an international friendly?

In a time where player welfare is paramount, I don't see the wisdom of the double header weekends.

Any views?
It’s all Jake Trueman’s fault 🙈🙈🙈

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 21 Feb 2022, 12:30

SuffolkTiger wrote: 21 Feb 2022, 11:16 Just put the full season's fixtures in my diary and realised:

Any views?
When we played at Wembley last year there was another game that weekend. So I guess the Friday or the Monday could be used but Saturday / Sunday should be left alone.

The mid year international is pointless. The NRL won't release their players and so we get diluted team. If there were to be matches that weekend then you'd have to limit the amount of players per team allowed in the international which again makes it pointless.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 21 Feb 2022, 13:33

Don't mention it to the rfl whatever you do, because Wattsy will get a ban for you being frivolous!!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Feb 2022, 18:42

mart0042 wrote: 21 Feb 2022, 12:30

Any views?
When we played at Wembley last year there was another game that weekend. So I guess the Friday or the Monday could be used but Saturday / Sunday should be left alone.

The mid year international is pointless. The NRL won't release their players and so we get diluted team. If there were to be matches that weekend then you'd have to limit the amount of players per team allowed in the international which again makes it pointless.
For me just get as many fixtures played on the Sunday as possible

Doesn't interfere with the final or take anything away from it
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 22 Feb 2022, 11:07

the machine wrote: 21 Feb 2022, 18:42
mart0042 wrote: 21 Feb 2022, 12:30

Any views?

For me just get as many fixtures played on the Sunday as possible

Doesn't interfere with the final or take anything away from it
My only problem with playing on the Saturday or Sunday of the challenge cup weekend is that it's an occaision for all supporters of all clubs.

So many go every year and so many wmc's and sports clubs and pubs get a bus going. Whether it be the day or a weekend trip. The game can't afford to lose the possible attendance. A Leeds v Hull match on the Sunday could lose 10k on the wembley match.