[Match Discussion] Hull KR Away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: [Match Discussion] Hull KR Away

Post by The Firm » 26 Feb 2022, 01:26

Utter rubbish once again. Zero creativity, dumb plays in abudence, some awful defending and a lack of desire when things go against us. Some were trying to stick up for Olpherts last week. Sorry but he is one of the worst wingers defensively i've ever seen in Cas colours. His positives just don't outweigh his failings. Yes the ref was awful but we were worse!

I said after last week that we'd know where we are after the games against the two Hull sides. Even this early Radford needs a huge improvemnt in performance to save his job. If he can't get a significant reaction once again then he's not the man for the job. He's brought in two of his mates from Hull in the three quarters. Quite frankly they are utter carthorses.

Solutions? We need some pace in the team. For all his failings Eden offers more than either Farimo or Olpherts, get him in. We desperately need Matagi to start giving us some go forward, Watts needs a rocket up his backside and Griffin needs to either be in the second row or the stand. And yes creativity. We have none. Our halves neither create nor threaten the line. People laughed when i suggested Ryan Hampshire in the close season but he'd have offered more than anything we have now and do it with pace. Instead we kept the same nothingness we had and added an injury prone uproven lad from Leeds. And god only knows what we've done to Evalds, he's a shadow of the player he was a Salford. Sort it or ship out Radford.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 26 Feb 2022, 02:40

I dont see anything positive about the team at the moment. Absolutely dreadful. Clueless, dull and predictable.

The board got the decision wrong (appointing Radford) and as costly as it will be they need to address it quickly.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Feb 2022, 08:13

The Firm wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 01:26 Utter rubbish once again. Zero creativity, dumb plays in abudence, some awful defending and a lack of desire when things go against us. Some were trying to stick up for Olpherts last week. Sorry but he is one of the worst wingers defensively i've ever seen in Cas colours. His positives just don't outweigh his failings. Yes the ref was awful but we were worse!

I said after last week that we'd know where we are after the games against the two Hull sides. Even this early Radford needs a huge improvemnt in performance to save his job. If he can't get a significant reaction once again then he's not the man for the job. He's brought in two of his mates from Hull in the three quarters. Quite frankly they are utter carthorses.

Solutions? We need some pace in the team. For all his failings Eden offers more than either Farimo or Olpherts, get him in. We desperately need Matagi to start giving us some go forward, Watts needs a rocket up his backside and Griffin needs to either be in the second row or the stand. And yes creativity. We have none. Our halves neither create nor threaten the line. People laughed when i suggested Ryan Hampshire in the close season but he'd have offered more than anything we have now and do it with pace. Instead we kept the same nothingness we had and added an injury prone uproven lad from Leeds. And god only knows what we've done to Evalds, he's a shadow of the player he was a Salford. Sort it or ship out Radford.
The big problem we have is the side is littered with players who are shadows of how they used to play and in some cases that applied before Radford came
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 26 Feb 2022, 08:15

Tbf i thought our pack made decent yards up field but our backs dont create anything on the back of it n the last play kicks are shocking think we turned the ball over more times than we kicked it.

Kr didn't make much ground with their forwards but Lewis n Abduls kicking either got them a repeat set or they created something out wide.

The difference been Kr had a game plan we didn't.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Feb 2022, 08:27

Blackbulltiger wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 23:10
the team i played for
For real?? BBT, I have a new level of respect for you, knowing you have represented our club. Out of interest, what is your heritage number? 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 26 Feb 2022, 09:20

On paper we have a team that could or should make the top 4. It’s not an issue with the players, they were chosen and coached to play a certain brand of rugby, ball playing forwards, mobile and attack minded. Playing them as battering rams, they may as well play a different sport they are average at best. All I’ve see so far is under 9s rugby, 5 drives and a kick down the full backs throat, collecting it on the 20. Very rarely have we seen a kick which has turned the full back or wingers around . Personally. I don’t see this style working? I would bring in Danny Orr to work with Radford and see if we can bring a balance between old and new?
Also have the rugby league ever considered introducing compulsory head gear to the players? The game is becoming tedious,
Player in the bin for brushing a players hair it’s ridiculous . Enforce head gear and market them in the design of each club ? Something needs to change. Sky channel 4 won’t continue to plug a sport no one is watching. If sky coverage is anything to go by they don’t give a toss already.

scorcher68

Post by scorcher68 » 26 Feb 2022, 09:54

Absolutely mate said it over winter . We don't have the players for Radford ball. When he was successful at Hull it was about being big all over the park, solid kicking game and execution almost NSWRL 90s style.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 26 Feb 2022, 10:32

We saw two of the bottom three teams last night, the other being Toulouse, and we got stuffed by a poor side. It`s not looking good. Two wins all season, both against Toulouse??

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Feb 2022, 10:36

Anyone watching south Sydney v st george now on sky.
Just seen a high ball from st george taken by a south’s player and the st george player hit and go over the top, a mirrored tackle as
Faraimos last night, nothing by the ref. Player just got up and continued to make yards.
No play acting, just hard men playing a hard game.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Feb 2022, 10:40

My take on that is that Dagger put himself into a dangerous position by committing a voluntary tackle. The onus should be as much on that attacker to protect themselves as it is the defender. A bit like Welsby putting himself Into a dangerous position that led to Wynne being binned last week

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 26 Feb 2022, 10:55

Let's face facts the ref was dire last night. With a decent ref we would have scored a lot more points. I dont think we actually look that bad. Our forwards have been very strong in most matches and Westerman has run his blood to water in all 3 games. We lack some spark from Trueman and Obrien. Radders said in his post match interview THEY need to throw the ball about more. Surely he should be giving them a game plan before they set a foot on the pitch ? We were also missing some of our usual starting players due to bans/injuries. Unfortunately loosing becomes a habit but it could be worse. We could have spent a fortune on our 6 & 7 like Leeds who have also lost their 1st 3 matches.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Feb 2022, 11:04

old cas lass wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 10:36 Anyone watching south Sydney v st george now on sky.
Just seen a high ball from st george taken by a south’s player and the st george player hit and go over the top, a mirrored tackle as
Faraimos last night, nothing by the ref. Player just got up and continued to make yards.
No play acting, just hard men playing a hard game.
I get that they have to protect players from head shots but typical RL theve got it wrong gone too far and turned the game into a farce
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 26 Feb 2022, 11:06

nottinghamtiger wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 10:20 Personally, I don’t think we can set the precedent of picking the same players who produce such poor performances (though it’s not possible to drop all of them).
I’m sure it won’t happen, but I’d go:
FB - Evalds
RW - Olpherts
RC - Mamo
LC - Turner
LW - QareQare (or Eden)

SO - McShane (controversial I know, but Trueman has been so poor and McShane has hardly gone well at 9)
SH - O’Brien

P - Watts
H - Robb
P - Lawler
SR - Milner (if fit).
SR - Hepi
LF - Westerman

B - Smith
B - Massey (if fit).
B - Sutcliffe
B - Matagi.
As expected, we went with as many of the same players as we could who performed so poorly against Salford and Warrington. As expected, we got the same level of performance and the same outcome.
Radford’s fatal flaw at Hull was persevering with the same team selection and style of play that didn’t work. He seems to be repeating this at Cas.
As far as I see it, there are three ways forward:
1. Radford drastically improves the performances of the players who have played in the first three games.
2. Radford makes changes to the team by dropping players who have performed so poorly and selecting players who will want to prove a point.
3. If neither of the above, the club makes changes to the coaching set-up.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 26 Feb 2022, 11:18

The only positive from last night was the defence when down to 11/12 men although lucky thing for us is that they lost lewis at this time too or with him on field and all that space. Then we come to reffing what a joke neither warranted a sin bin, rules should be with intent or reckless which neither were. At end of season when internationals come these decisions will suddenly go at the window you watch. I have now seen several sin bins which the player as been going down this as been happening for last couple of decades since rfl ignored volunntry tackle rules. The rfl should bring this back in and enforce it properly as everytime a kick comes all we see is player catch ball then dive to floor. I was at gf when joynt dived to floor had one of ref links then and ref clearly called him out yet never penalised it and ever since we see players diving down, easy option rather than trying to bring ball out, hence player tackling is aiming for standing player properly but accidently catching falling one. The disappointing thing is how we played in 2nd half when 13 v 13 we once again created nothing and tireness should not be excuse as Last said in interview kept 6 interchanges for 2nd half. St albans was right we have no plan be and have not had one since last quater of 2017. In 2017 towards end of season people began to suss us out we where lucky against saints with late iffy pen and don't mention gf and since then we never seem to have a 2nd 3rd plan. Why did we only start passing ball about when game was over prior to this we were 5 runs and same repetitive kick dull as dishwater. Whoever is incharge next season we need to have 2 pace wings 2 decent tackling centres at least one if not 2 quality halves who can lead a team round park with good positional play, we then need a good ball playing prop and an aggresive running prop who does not stop at first sign of contact. As i said on aprevious post a marquis half would probably pay for himself adding just 1500 at say £20 is £30000 times that by 13/14 plus sponsers is no brainer as pays for himself. I have seen this happen after raper, after regal trophy and now 2017 were we had opportunities and wasted them now is time to take the gamble invest in quality and see if it works, we had 10,000 willing to believe at 1st game so shows given proper push and product on pitch we could attract people to club. Investers what to be seen with a winning going somewhere attrative product and this is what we should aspire to be, the community of cas is growing year on year thousands of new properties thus potential new fans if decent product there to entice them. One last bit of advice if lee or anyone reads this is that us cas fans would rather see us playing passing style and go down fighting than the 5 and kick dirge we are currently serving up

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 26 Feb 2022, 11:24

You now we are in trouble when the tinted glassed brigrade people on here are not even defending them .This could take years to fix and get back to were we was a competive team for sure we all ready in religation battle after just three games because cant see were we going to improve with squad we have.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 26 Feb 2022, 11:44

Blackbull only games can see us challenging is hudds away as they are hit and miss then toulouse if we still struggling april is nightmare after toulouse we have wakey, rhinos, cats and saints all tough including wakey who would love to give us a good hiding after years of misery from us throw in early possible early cup exit (ffs hope not could be only relief in long season) then expect sh*t to hit fan and early exit of coaches. Personnally still hopeing we can turn it around as don't like quick turnaround of staff and always willing to give people a chance as a lot of problems we have all seen coming for 4/5 years and not been addressed. Yet sadly with way we going creatively play wise have to say my glass is half empty rather than half full at present moment in time

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Feb 2022, 11:50

You can tell we’re in trouble when we have posters getting into ‘tinted glassed brigade’ name calling when others dare to have a slightly different viewpoint. Grow up

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Feb 2022, 12:16

Blackbulltiger wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 23:10
the team i played for
Can you help out a fellow Cas Tigers history buff with your heritage number? Fair play to any whose pulled on the black and amber/orange 👏🏼👏🏼

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 26 Feb 2022, 12:17

Personally, I don’t think we can set the precedent of picking the same players who produce such poor performances (though it’s not possible to drop all of them).
I’m sure it won’t happen, but I’d go: How I rated the players tonight, The worst performance since we employed MILWARD
FB - Evalds 5
RW - Olpherts 5
RC - Mamo
LC - Turner 5
LW - QareQare (or Eden)

SO - McShane 5 (controversial I know, but Trueman has been so poor and McShane has hardly gone well at 9)
SH - O’Brien 5

P - Watts 4
H - Robb 5
P - Lawler
SR - Milner (if fit).
SR - Hepi
LF - Westerman 8

B - Smith 5
B - Massey (if fit). 7
B - Sutcliffe 5
B - Matagi. 4
Blair 4
Griffin 6
Faraimo 5
Fonua 4
Smith 6
That's just my opinion, and I think we have a large problem, and the writing was on the wall when I saw our performance against Salford, And no improvement against KR, infarct we were worse. They truly looked disinterested, and effort less .
[/quote]

As expected, we went with as many of the same players as we could who performed so poorly against Salford and Warrington. As expected, we got the same level of performance and the same outcome.
Radford’s fatal flaw at Hull was persevering with the same team selection and style of play that didn’t work. He seems to be repeating this at Cas.
As far as I see it, there are three ways forward:
1. Radford drastically improves the performances of the players who have played in the first three games.
2. Radford makes changes to the team by dropping players who have performed so poorly and selecting players who will want to prove a point.
3. If neither of the above, the club makes changes to the coaching set-up.
[/quote]

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 26 Feb 2022, 12:25

No worries there i don't do name calling as everyone entitled to own opinions and at end of day hopefully all we all want is a successful cas team for our town/area. At end of day i was there at whitehaven, wrexham, batley etc and if worse does happen would be there again, fan for life for our team (not much else puts castleford on map) may not be at every game due to work etc but attend as many as possible and would never call anyone else hope others do same. For me i don't care if someone comes to 2/3 games or every game everyone circumstances are different as long as when someone asks who you follow you stay cas tigers