RADFORD OUT

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 425
Joined: 02 Jun 2021, 11:25
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 26 Feb 2022, 10:49

No chance he gets sacked 3 games in.
We could not afford to pay out virtually 2 seasons wage and then pay for another coach.
Absolutely fantasy.

I would like to see what he can do with 2 proper half backs. We are lost without that.

But you would think Macca, Westerman, Evalds and Watts would be of enough quality to be able to get us in the game and move us forward. But something is up as we look terrible.
There is no doubt for the opposition defensive line. We are flat and predictable with no alternative lines being run. Slow play ball. No offloads. No line breaks or deep threat. No pace in the middle

Defensively, look soft.

Signings barring Westerman feel, like some have said, like 2004. Signs are not good if we cannot get a creative organiser in. Bit returning to main point, I cannot see us sacking him. Not yet anyway.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4482
Joined: 29 Jan 2008, 22:32
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by Mysterio » 26 Feb 2022, 22:07

He's obviously clueless in my opinion.

Woe betide a fool hardy club keeping him because he'd be too much £ to sack. If we stay with him relegation a real spectre and this club cannot afford that never mind 150k to pay him off
Audacter Et Sincere

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20785
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by old cas lass » 26 Feb 2022, 22:27

Dennis Vazquez wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 10:49 No chance he gets sacked 3 games in.
We could not afford to pay out virtually 2 seasons wage and then pay for another coach.
Absolutely fantasy.

I would like to see what he can do with 2 proper half backs. We are lost without that.

But you would think Macca, Westerman, Evalds and Watts would be of enough quality to be able to get us in the game and move us forward. But something is up as we look terrible.
There is no doubt for the opposition defensive line. We are flat and predictable with no alternative lines being run. Slow play ball. No offloads. No line breaks or deep threat. No pace in the middle

Defensively, look soft.

Signings barring Westerman feel, like some have said, like 2004. Signs are not good if we cannot get a creative organiser in. Bit returning to main point, I cannot see us sacking him. Not yet anyway.
Where are we gonna get 2 proper half backs from.

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4766
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by gateman » 27 Feb 2022, 00:44

whats Brad Davis doing i know he is past is sell by date but as now he could do a better job it pains to see Trueman looking as a top player being that good that he might leave for pastures new, the lad as lost his form 2nd team for me

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 534
Joined: 11 Sep 2017, 19:48
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by Hepworth7 » 27 Feb 2022, 10:47

All hypothetical isn't it, can't see us paying anyone off to free up cap/quota space. If we had the balls and the cash I'd go for Williams from Canberra.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5963
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Feb 2022, 17:44

gateman wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 00:44 whats Brad Davis doing i know he is past is sell by date but as now he could do a better job it pains to see Trueman looking as a top player being that good that he might leave for pastures new, the lad as lost his form 2nd team for me
What do you see Brad doing? He was the oldest SL player when he retired, but he’s 53 now!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5272
Joined: 11 Jul 2006, 16:17
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Feb 2022, 20:30

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 17:44
gateman wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 00:44 whats Brad Davis doing i know he is past is sell by date but as now he could do a better job it pains to see Trueman looking as a top player being that good that he might leave for pastures new, the lad as lost his form 2nd team for me
What do you see Brad doing? He was the oldest SL player when he retired, but he’s 53 now!
Well he’s made a reputation for himself as a top coach...

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5963
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Feb 2022, 20:53

nottinghamtiger wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 20:30
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 17:44
gateman wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 00:44 whats Brad Davis doing i know he is past is sell by date but as now he could do a better job it pains to see Trueman looking as a top player being that good that he might leave for pastures new, the lad as lost his form 2nd team for me
What do you see Brad doing? He was the oldest SL player when he retired, but he’s 53 now!
Well he’s made a reputation for himself as a top coach...
Rugby Union specialist defensive coach isn’t he?
I know he was when Wasps moved to the Ricoh a few years back.

Get into em
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 68
Joined: 24 Oct 2017, 19:40
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by Get into em » 27 Feb 2022, 21:32

Strap yourselves in guys as the 2022 SL season is gonna be one hell of a bumpy ride
We've got players that don't remotely look like they want to be here and also a coach that shouldn't even be anywhere close to the head coach of the club

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5272
Joined: 11 Jul 2006, 16:17
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Feb 2022, 23:54

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 20:53
nottinghamtiger wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 20:30
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 17:44
gateman wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 00:44 whats Brad Davis doing i know he is past is sell by date but as now he could do a better job it pains to see Trueman looking as a top player being that good that he might leave for pastures new, the lad as lost his form 2nd team for me
What do you see Brad doing? He was the oldest SL player when he retired, but he’s 53 now!
Well he’s made a reputation for himself as a top coach...
Rugby Union specialist defensive coach isn’t he?
I know he was when Wasps moved to the Ricoh a few years back.
He has been both defensive and attacking coach at a number of top RU clubs and also coached with England and the Lions. He was head coach at Bath and Toulon, winning competitions with both clubs. More recently he has been coaching at Leicester Tigers, after Covid meant that his venture into America with Dallas never got off the ground.
He left Leicester at the end of the last Premiership season and wants to be involved in RL coaching:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... h-20984577

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5963
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Feb 2022, 00:12

Well that’s good then!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 13154
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Feb 2022, 08:37

Brad Davies would have been a great fit for us
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

ERG2012
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1702
Joined: 07 Jun 2014, 10:09
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by ERG2012 » 28 Feb 2022, 10:18

Do folks think he'll be interested?
And willing to take a significant cut.....

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5963
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Feb 2022, 10:20

ERG2012 wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 10:18 Do folks think he'll be interested?
And willing to take a significant cut.....
He said he would love it last year but didn’t expect a call and from what Notts said he’s not at Leicester any more

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1723
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 17:59
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by FIat Capper » 28 Feb 2022, 14:38

Sorry folks but the stark reality is Radders is here for at least 6 more games, if not longer. There's absolutely no way Cas can pay him off and even less chance of any club getting rid after 3 games.

If I may be so bold as to compare us to Leeds U, I see the same problem but a different view from the fans. Both Radders and Bielsa are strong willed but only have a Plan A. For some reason many Leeds U fans love the way they have played and would've liked Bielsa to continue to entertain. We at Cas are unhappy with the style of play and therefore want rid of the Coach. Who's right?

For me, both teams need to look at the way they defend and a good coach should be able to identify what changes are required then train them into the game plan. For Cas, this does include reducing penalties.

We may be falling foul of current referring standards but they won't change so we need to. This is what I want to see happen in the next few ganes.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5963
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Feb 2022, 14:48

Not sure we would necessarily all be unhappy with the style of play if it produced wins

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1655
Joined: 10 Nov 2016, 14:33
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by Scoopage » 28 Feb 2022, 15:38

Bloke doesn’t even wear any cas gear on tv.was always covered in hull gear when he was there.just a observation

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 425
Joined: 02 Jun 2021, 11:25
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 28 Feb 2022, 22:44

Scoopage wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 15:38 Bloke doesn’t even wear any cas gear on tv.was always covered in hull gear when he was there.just a observation
He could wear more Hull gear for me if it meant he could prove he could coach us and provide some effective game plan.

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4766
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by gateman » 28 Feb 2022, 23:45

three weeks ago we were full of high expectations most of us are now feeling down in the dumps a couple of wins will change that come on Lee over to you

User avatar
LeeThorpe88
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 50
Joined: 09 Sep 2020, 23:32
Contact:

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by LeeThorpe88 » 01 Mar 2022, 04:21

gateman wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 23:45 three weeks ago we were full of high expectations most of us are now feeling down in the dumps a couple of wins will change that come on Lee over to you
If we smash Hull on Sunday that'll definitely brighten the mood. But like you said it's up to Lee to have thr players fired up and ready to go. Really hope we get our first points of the season as we need em

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests