RADFORD OUT

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
LeeThorpe88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: RADFORD OUT

Post by LeeThorpe88 » 26 Feb 2022, 00:11

fords wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 22:48
Mucky1978 wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 22:44 Why does anyone think we will beat Toulouse?
We won't, championship bound
If that does happen we’ll go down with one of the best squads on paper to be relegated lol

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Feb 2022, 00:20

LeeThorpe88 wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 00:11
Mucky1978 wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 22:44 Why does anyone think we will beat Toulouse?
If that does happen we’ll go down with one of the best squads on paper to be relegated lol

Best squad.
Both hull blue eyed boys.
Olpherts
Sutcliffe not SL standard.

Watts looks disinterested, could there be still some conflict with him and radford.
Macca. Where is he what’s happened to him.
Trueman…….I dispair.
Richardson/GOB both not SL standard.
Griffin……nowhere near SL standard.

All these players are first team regulars.
None would get in Fev team.

Just my opinion.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 26 Feb 2022, 00:22

Watts more interested in selling houses then playing rugby.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 26 Feb 2022, 00:24

Maybe it's player power. Happens in football all the time to oust a manager

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Feb 2022, 00:26

Mucky1978 wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 00:22 Watts more interested in selling houses then playing rugby.
Massey selling lights.
Not saying it’s down to their second job, but summat is not right.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 26 Feb 2022, 00:34

The will of the many will always be greater than the one. The "new manager bounce" effect is proof of that.

You may be right that there are players focussing on their life after egg chasing, maybe too many at once...... too early to call time on the new era, following the DP era was never going to feel the same with 3 finals and an LLS so close in the memory. But DP didn't exactly go out at the Palladium, there is more in play than the coach.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Feb 2022, 00:35

We won’t but if we did it’s happened to us twice before!

LeeThorpe88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeeThorpe88 » 26 Feb 2022, 00:36

old cas lass wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 00:20

Best squad.
Olpherts

Watts looks disinterested, could there be still some conflict with him and radford.
Trueman…….I dispair.

Just my opinion.
I totally agree with you whether it's the players not interested cos of second jobs or radders as just killed the atmosphere in the locker room. Something is fundamentally wrong with this team at the minute. I just hope radders or thr board can sort it out asap or it's going to be a long season ahead.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Feb 2022, 00:53

Best squad.
Olpherts

Trueman…….I dispair.

Just my opinion.
We're definatly not too good to go down I'd only be confident of us beating Toulouse at the minute if they sign some new players were in trouble that's if we continue to play at the standard we are now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 26 Feb 2022, 00:56

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 23:23 If wire beat Toulouse this weekend one third of Superleague teams will be winless. Just saying.
It’s not the fact we are 0-3 that’s bothering me, Tamworth, it’s the manner of the defeats and the style of rugby we are trying to play. Halfway through the second half tonight my Dad said ‘it’s not like watching a Cas team’ - that just about sums it up.

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 26 Feb 2022, 01:08

Best squad.
Olpherts

Trueman…….I dispair.

Just my opinion.
Totaly agree with you being saying this before a ball was kicked can add few more players would not get in fev team

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Feb 2022, 01:20

derbystiger wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 00:56
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 23:23 If wire beat Toulouse this weekend one third of Superleague teams will be winless. Just saying.
It’s not the fact we are 0-3 that’s bothering me, Tamworth, it’s the manner of the defeats and the style of rugby we are trying to play. Halfway through the second half tonight my Dad said ‘it’s not like watching a Cas team’ - that just about sums it up.
I have some sympathy with that. I genuinely think that we are going to struggle without a more experienced half. It makes such a difference as Raper proved with Ford and Davis and Powell with Sneyd and Finn
This team reminds me less of Steadman and Millward and more of Matterson the first time we got promoted. Slow start but did enough to keep it up if it hadn’t of been for Catalans dispensation and Pies being allowed to cheat with the Fielden signing.
If we give Radford time, he will turn it round, but I am now firmly convinced that we should have brought Radford in when he was appointed and shown Powell the door. Apologies to those of you who said so. I got that one wrong at the time.

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 26 Feb 2022, 01:22

Best squad.
Olpherts

Trueman…….I dispair.

Just my opinion.
Personally think you've hit the nail on the head with all of the above.

Olpherts is absolutely shocking, has been ever since he arrived, yet still plays without fear of ever being dropped. Eden must sit there wondering how this liability ever keeps me out of the team.

Blair is an absolute disgrace, hope he enjoys his free ride in top tier RL as he will never play it again.

Griffin & Sutcliffe would not get in the Featherstone team.

Trueman just hasn't trained on, been poor for 3 seasons now, dread to think what the contract upgrade was. NRL interest, don't make me laugh, fair play to the gob [REMOVED] Craig Harrison for the over inflated contracts he gets his clients.

O'brien n Richardson are just Championship quality.

The two Hull boys are just lumps, hence why Hull didn't resign them, in fact, released one a yr early.

Watts n McShane shadows of their former selves.

Let's hope Toulouse are as bad as they started because if they win 4 home games, then we could be in trouble. These are the darkest days I've known for a long time.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 26 Feb 2022, 01:32

Can't argue with the above.

This all has a whiff of 2004 about it.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 26 Feb 2022, 08:25

I think we'll scrape enough wins to stay up but will be way off the play offs n as soon as we lose in the cup the season will be over as far as trophies are concerned.

I cant see Cas sacking Radford as wouldn't that cost money to do so, the board will say give him next season to prove himself.

Could be a long 2 years for us Cas fans.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigertragic
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigertragic » 26 Feb 2022, 08:37

Reminds me of the Steadman era.
A coach signs proven aging players to bolster a reasonable squad.
A team who lose the arm wrestle and never make enough yardage
A series of injuries
A single loss becomes a losing habit

The season is not yet dead but we need to change the mentality as we look second best all over the field.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 26 Feb 2022, 10:08

jackknife wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 08:25 I think we'll scrape enough wins to stay up but will be way off the play offs n as soon as we lose in the cup the season will be over as far as trophies are concerned.

I cant see Cas sacking Radford as wouldn't that cost money to do so, the board will say give him next season to prove himself.

This is a more sensible view on the situation - as opposed to the irrational twaddle that is being posted. Fans of other clubs will be laughing at some of the reaction.

- Lee is 3 games into a contract that should see 60+ games - any talk of him (and his coaching staff) being sacked is embarrassing
- in those 3 games not one player can put their hand up & say “I had a cracking game & didn’t deserve to be on the losing side” - the facts are that the majority of those players were already here when Lee arrived & performed like that last year
- it’s pretty obvious that we are not strong in the halves. Pointless keep bleeting on about it. One is injured. One is 3 games back from a serious operation & only played 7 games last year. One has, sadly, recently lost his mum.

Time to put things in perspective & have some faith that the directors, coaching staff & players will turn it around.

It’s a lovely day out there…. ☀️

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 26 Feb 2022, 10:19

Jonny1975 wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 01:22

Best squad.
Olpherts

Trueman…….I dispair.

Just my opinion.
Personally think you've hit the nail on the head with all of the above.

Olpherts is absolutely shocking, has been ever since he arrived, yet still plays without fear of ever being dropped. Eden must sit there wondering how this liability ever keeps me out of the team.

Blair is an absolute disgrace, hope he enjoys his free ride in top tier RL as he will never play it again.

Griffin & Sutcliffe would not get in the Featherstone team.

Trueman just hasn't trained on, been poor for 3 seasons now, dread to think what the contract upgrade was. NRL interest, don't make me laugh, fair play to the gob [REMOVED] Craig Harrison for the over inflated contracts he gets his clients.

O'brien n Richardson are just Championship quality.

The two Hull boys are just lumps, hence why Hull didn't resign them, in fact, released one a yr early.

Watts n McShane shadows of their former selves.

Let's hope Toulouse are as bad as they started because if they win 4 home games, then we could be in trouble. These are the darkest days I've known for a long time.
Agree with most of this
Apart from Sutcliffe is a Centre never will be a 2nd rower id give him ago at Centre and O'Brian is a FB not a half.
Blair as been a disaster all the hype of the social media team that a storm was coming. :)
Watts maybe should think about retiring and just sell houses.
Olpherts couldn't tackle one of the lasses from the women's team.
Trueman if we did turn down 120K for him last season the bloke who turned it down needs sacking asap.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 26 Feb 2022, 10:20

SuffolkTiger wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 10:08
jackknife wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 08:25 I think we'll scrape enough wins to stay up but will be way off the play offs n as soon as we lose in the cup the season will be over as far as trophies are concerned.

This is a more sensible view on the situation - as opposed to the irrational twaddle that is being posted. Fans of other clubs will be laughing at some of the reaction.

- Lee is 3 games into a contract that should see 60+ games - any talk of him (and his coaching staff) being sacked is embarrassing
- in those 3 games not one player can put their hand up & say “I had a cracking game & didn’t deserve to be on the losing side” - the facts are that the majority of those players were already here when Lee arrived & performed like that last year
- it’s pretty obvious that we are not strong in the halves. Pointless keep bleeting on about it. One is injured. One is 3 games back from a serious operation & only played 7 games last year. One has, sadly, recently lost his mum.

Time to put things in perspective & have some faith that the directors, coaching staff & players will turn it around.

It’s a lovely day out there…. ☀️
Its not the losing its the boring rugby he is coaching us.

Time to go Lee

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 26 Feb 2022, 10:30

When does Radford get his O.B.E?(out before Easter)