Radford expectations?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Radford expectations?

Post by Brummietiger » 18 Feb 2022, 00:27

Hepworth7 wrote: 18 Feb 2022, 00:18 Pre season most of us will have formed an opinion based on the evidence we had,namely our squad of players, the coach and the prospective strength of the opposition. Now two games in we have new evidence to go on,we've played poorly,discipline has been poor and individual errors have cost us dearly. One notable contributor aside who could have predicted that our 17 man squad would have underperformed so much,and I exclude no-one from that statement, Of course an argument could be made for some individuals,and yes some players have played better than others but for me none have played to their full potential. Given the evidence of our own eyes I'd be more surprised if people hadn't changed their mind over our chances rather than by the ones that have stuck rigidly to their pre-season predictions. The psychologists call that inabiity to change in the face of factual evidence cognitive dissonance,bookmakers have a far less flattering term for it but they're the punters they want coming back week after week.
Good post.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Radford expectations?

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Feb 2022, 00:29

Cognitive dissonance? I’ve seen less of that phrase on here than even ‘latrines’!