York knights Friendly.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Re: York knights Friendly.

Post by cvtiger » 09 Jan 2022, 11:06

If they are, the ticket site has yet to show this but does for other games on sale, then i apologise for the moaning.
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Jan 2022, 11:18

I'm just going on what I was told in the club shop last week he said they had no tickets and didn't know if they were getting any (They have got tickets now )but if I wanted a ticket I could either book online and get it delivered to my house or if I had a smart phone get a E ticket
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 09 Jan 2022, 12:37

tigerfeat wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 11:18 I'm just going on what I was told in the club shop last week he said they had no tickets and didn't know if they were getting any (They have got tickets now )but if I wanted a ticket I could either book online and get it delivered to my house or if I had a smart phone get a E ticket
I bought tickets for York game from shop on Friday so they have them in now mate. Looking forward to it should be a good day. We’ve booked on bus from blower as well so we can have a few beers.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Jan 2022, 12:58

daytona wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 12:37
tigerfeat wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 11:18 I'm just going on what I was told in the club shop last week he said they had no tickets and didn't know if they were getting any (They have got tickets now )but if I wanted a ticket I could either book online and get it delivered to my house or if I had a smart phone get a E ticket
I bought tickets for York game from shop on Friday so they have them in now mate. Looking forward to it should be a good day. We’ve booked on bus from blower as well so we can have a few beers.
Yeah I'm looking forward to it too mate a day like today weather wise would be just the job as well
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 09 Jan 2022, 14:56

been to watch Normy under 13s but as you say if it is a day like today we should be OK

york tiger

Post by york tiger » 09 Jan 2022, 16:28

Interesting on cas web site they only have standing tickets available.anyone told em its an all seater stadium!!
if you want to buy tickets on the day the ticket office is outside the north stand .
if you want to park for free. buy £5 of anything from marks & spencers(50 yards from front of ground)take receipt to vanguard site office opposite M&S and a bit left get it stamped and you can park for free otherwise its £5. beware you only have two hours parking if you don't use one of these options. they have your number & will fine you.
enjoy the day at a super stadium !!!

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 09 Jan 2022, 17:02

york tiger wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 16:28 Interesting on cas web site they only have standing tickets available.anyone told em its an all seater stadium!!
if you want to buy tickets on the day the ticket office is outside the north stand .
if you want to park for free. buy £5 of anything from marks & spencers(50 yards from front of ground)take receipt to vanguard site office opposite M&S and a bit left get it stamped and you can park for free otherwise its £5. beware you only have two hours parking if you don't use one of these options. they have your number & will fine you.
enjoy the day at a super stadium !!!
Most will be stood up all game anyway.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 10 Jan 2022, 10:45

Is the game on our league app does anyone know?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Jan 2022, 23:31

how good it will be to see the lads run out on the field, do i miss my RL fix you bet i do

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Jan 2022, 12:25

so can we pay on the gate then as i'm coming over from brid.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 12 Jan 2022, 13:44

Like most new stadiums there’s no paying turnstiles, entry is by ticket only. So your best bet is to get to the ground early and head to the ticket office to get a ticket.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 12 Jan 2022, 13:47

york tiger wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 16:28 if you want to park for free. buy £5 of anything from marks & spencers(50 yards from front of ground)take receipt to vanguard site office opposite M&S and a bit left get it stamped and you can park for free otherwise its £5. beware you only have two hours parking if you don't use one of these options. they have your number & will fine you.
I hope not but I still think this will catch a lot of Cas fans out who will just turn up and park at vanguard and not make themselves aware of the restrictions, until a few weeks later when they get a parking fine in the post. It’s not ideal but most new stadiums these days you have to pay for parking with no residential parking nearby, so £5 whether it’s pre booked or by spending money in one of the shops isn’t bad.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 12 Jan 2022, 20:49

Park in vanguard n spend £5 at Costa(fortune) on a coffee n a cake for your free parking, jobs a good en 👍 for those that dont want to spend any money set ur sat navs for new lane, park there and its a steady 10min walk to ground.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 12 Jan 2022, 21:34

Txs for that Askham Tiger. The only thing I would add to that if anybody requires to know is that Hospitality Tickets are £45 each which includes a 2 course meal, a padded seat (which i'm assuming is reserved), tea/coffee at half time (mine will be a beer if I can get one) and I am told, use of the hospitality room for an hour or so after the game has finished. Not too sure about the parking options with this Hospitality Ticket as I'm going by train so didn't enquire. These tickets have to be purchased through York Knights office manager Zillah Ingledew on 01904 670880. I think this is reasonably priced for what you get, well done York.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 12 Jan 2022, 23:56

Brummietiger wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 21:34
Txs for that Askham Tiger. The only thing I would add to that if anybody requires to know is that Hospitality Tickets are £45 each which includes a 2 course meal, a padded seat (which i'm assuming is reserved), tea/coffee at half time (mine will be a beer if I can get one) and I am told, use of the hospitality room for an hour or so after the game has finished. Not too sure about the parking options with this Hospitality Ticket as I'm going by train so didn't enquire. These tickets have to be purchased through York Knights office manager Zillah Ingledew on 01904 670880. I think this is reasonably priced for what you get, well done York.
It’s a great setup in hospitality, I’ve done it 3 times, if Cas get a new main stand (or new stadium) I hope they push the boat out with hospitality, like it or loathe it the corporate side is where a huge chunk of revenue comes in. York were pretty average for most home games last season but the hospitality (400-450 capacity) sold out most matches. You can have your pint poured and brought to the table waiting for you at your table at half time, no queuing for ages. And yeah you get a free parking space.

New Lane parking - pretty sure there’s double yellows down there. If anyone goes for it let me know how you get on.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 13 Jan 2022, 10:31

Some of new lane is double yellowed but theres plenty of side street off new lane which aren't if u cant get a space on new lane its self.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerdan

Post by tigerdan » 13 Jan 2022, 22:05

Both Castleford and York need to do a better job at advertising that seating for this game is unreserved apart from on the halfway line. I can see a lot of bickering because people havent read the stadium guide.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 14 Jan 2022, 18:27

tigerdan wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 22:05 Both Castleford and York need to do a better job at advertising that seating for this game is unreserved apart from on the halfway line. I can see a lot of bickering because people havent read the stadium guide.
I couldn’t give a monkeys where I sit - just looking forward to getting inside a stadium and cheering the lads on again. Can’t wait - Sunday afternoon, a pie, a couple of pints, and watch Cas. Doesn’t get much better than that

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jan 2022, 21:10

derbystiger wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 18:27
tigerdan wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 22:05 Both Castleford and York need to do a better job at advertising that seating for this game is unreserved apart from on the halfway line. I can see a lot of bickering because people havent read the stadium guide.
I couldn’t give a monkeys where I sit - just looking forward to getting inside a stadium and cheering the lads on again. Can’t wait - Sunday afternoon, a pie, a couple of pints, and watch Cas. Doesn’t get much better than that
Same here mate missed the Cas away days this last couple of years...
Vince Lombardi