New Covid rules.

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Post Reply
User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19946
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

New Covid rules.

Post by old cas lass » 05 Jan 2022, 19:01


Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10191
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: New Covid rules.

Post by Fumper27 » 05 Jan 2022, 19:11

First sensible thing the RFL have done in years

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12047
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: New Covid rules.

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Jan 2022, 21:14

Well done to them for that at least everyone knows where they stand before a ball is kicked
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12047
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: New Covid rules.

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Jan 2022, 07:40

Another issue will be in France for players at Catalans and Toulouse who havnt been vaccinated and for players coming from England to play a game there who havnt been vaccinated they won't be able to play under the strict new rules
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 311
Joined: 21 Aug 2017, 06:44

Re: New Covid rules.

Post by Ken Smith » 06 Jan 2022, 08:16

It may sound draconian but nevertheless sensible. However will there be a time limit to rearrange postponed matches at a later date before incurring such penalties?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10191
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: New Covid rules.

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Jan 2022, 08:36

Ken Smith wrote: 06 Jan 2022, 08:16 It may sound draconian but nevertheless sensible. However will there be a time limit to rearrange postponed matches at a later date before incurring such penalties?
I don’t think there will. The way I read it, is that you play when scheduled or you forfeit the game.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5466
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: New Covid rules.

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 Jan 2022, 09:41

It will be interesting if it’s a late rescheduling by Sky which causes the problem

User avatar
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 6175
Joined: 24 May 2007, 15:06
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: New Covid rules.

Post by mart0042 » 06 Jan 2022, 10:48

The RFL are pushing the clubs to force full vaccination because they haven't the balls.

Wakey and Bradford have virtually said that they only want vaccinated players. I have to agree on this. If you want to play and get paid, follow the rules and requirements, our club can't afford to get relegated on postponed matches because they will bend the rules for the French clubs and "preferred" clubs (as we saw in the difference in punishment for breaking the rules last year)

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1894
Joined: 18 May 2019, 11:07

Re: New Covid rules.

Post by Piquad1 » 06 Jan 2022, 11:30

We ain't kicked a ball yet. But you can bet your last quid it'll turn into s farce.

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19946
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

Re: New Covid rules.

Post by old cas lass » 06 Jan 2022, 13:14

Piquad1 wrote: 06 Jan 2022, 11:30 We ain't kicked a ball yet. But you can bet your last quid it'll turn into s farce.
Nailed on.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12047
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: New Covid rules.

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Jan 2022, 09:47

mart0042 wrote: 06 Jan 2022, 10:48 The RFL are pushing the clubs to force full vaccination because they haven't the balls.

Wakey and Bradford have virtually said that they only want vaccinated players. I have to agree on this. If you want to play and get paid, follow the rules and requirements, our club can't afford to get relegated on postponed matches because they will bend the rules for the French clubs and "preferred" clubs (as we saw in the difference in punishment for breaking the rules last year)
Absolutely I said before Xmas clubs that have most if not all there players and staff fully vaccinated will have a advantage over teams that don't...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

User avatar
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 6175
Joined: 24 May 2007, 15:06
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: New Covid rules.

Post by mart0042 » 07 Jan 2022, 10:57

tigerfeat wrote: 07 Jan 2022, 09:47
mart0042 wrote: 06 Jan 2022, 10:48 The RFL are pushing the clubs to force full vaccination because they haven't the balls.

Wakey and Bradford have virtually said that they only want vaccinated players. I have to agree on this. If you want to play and get paid, follow the rules and requirements, our club can't afford to get relegated on postponed matches because they will bend the rules for the French clubs and "preferred" clubs (as we saw in the difference in punishment for breaking the rules last year)
Absolutely I said before Xmas clubs that have most if not all there players and staff fully vaccinated will have a advantage over teams that don't...
I think we are waiting for a hard stance by a sporting entity, club or association. They then will be challenged and a verdict eventually in court. We are not near this. It's happening in the NFL but the argument will then be that we need a result in an English court. Football has the money but they are not willing.

Ultimately, this is with us for the foreseeable future. I'm expecting this for the next couple of years.

Post Reply