Covid strikes.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12032
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Dec 2021, 15:26

westerbeast73 wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 15:21 Would imagine you can still refuse it though even if they knock. Then there will be a list of anti vaxers to go at in the future.
Oh yeah they can't force you I just read with people talking face to face and offering to take them to centres where they can have it done that day a fair number decided to have there first jab
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2043
Joined: 04 Aug 2014, 19:32
Location: Bury St Edmunds

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by SuffolkTiger » 26 Dec 2021, 16:03

westerbeast73 wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 11:25 Just to set the record straight I've had 2 jabs and wear a mask when needed. My problem this time is they had people quing around the block before they even new what effect this new variant was like. Even though medical experts in the Country it came from said it was milder. There's more to that than wanting to help people. Wanting to help comosnies like pfizer etc and getting back handlers along the way
Anyway have a happy circuit breaker New Year.
How did you get hold of the evidence that backs up what you’re stating about back ganders? Would be interested in seeing that. Probably needs handing over to the police….

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1891
Joined: 18 May 2019, 11:07

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Piquad1 » 26 Dec 2021, 18:09

This debate will go on forever. If you want the jab go get it. If you don't, don't. I've had it because I need to do it for medical reasons and hopefully protect the people around me. The choice is simple do or don't.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 884
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 10:44

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by westerbeast73 » 26 Dec 2021, 22:11

SuffolkTiger wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 16:03
westerbeast73 wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 11:25 Just to set the record straight I've had 2 jabs and wear a mask when needed. My problem this time is they had people quing around the block before they even new what effect this new variant was like. Even though medical experts in the Country it came from said it was milder. There's more to that than wanting to help people. Wanting to help comosnies like pfizer etc and getting back handlers along the way
Anyway have a happy circuit breaker New Year.
How did you get hold of the evidence that backs up what you’re stating about back ganders? Would be interested in seeing that. Probably needs handing over to the police….
What the same police that are investigating the Torrie xmas parties last Year.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2043
Joined: 04 Aug 2014, 19:32
Location: Bury St Edmunds

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by SuffolkTiger » 27 Dec 2021, 00:41

westerbeast73 wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 22:11
SuffolkTiger wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 16:03
westerbeast73 wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 11:25 Just to set the record straight I've had 2 jabs and wear a mask when needed. My problem this time is they had people quing around the block before they even new what effect this new variant was like. Even though medical experts in the Country it came from said it was milder. There's more to that than wanting to help people. Wanting to help comosnies like pfizer etc and getting back handlers along the way
Anyway have a happy circuit breaker New Year.
How did you get hold of the evidence that backs up what you’re stating about back ganders? Would be interested in seeing that. Probably needs handing over to the police….
What the same police that are investigating the Torrie xmas parties last Year.
Yes. What you are describing is serious. Punishable with a custodial sentence.

If you have the evidence you describe then you are morally bound to report it. If, of course, you are just making it up then you need to be really careful about making those kind of allegations.

User avatar
Bish Bash
New member
Posts: 38
Joined: 01 Nov 2010, 09:41

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Bish Bash » 27 Dec 2021, 01:15

There are some really stupid people on here. Jesus Christ just get a jab.

Then again Darwinism might sort this out.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5464
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Dec 2021, 11:22

Bish Bash wrote: 27 Dec 2021, 01:15 There are some really stupid people on here. Jesus Christ just get a jab.

Then again Darwinism might sort this out.
Top post

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4337
Joined: 27 Mar 2012, 15:09

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Frankas » 27 Dec 2021, 12:28

westerbeast73 wrote: 25 Dec 2021, 22:20 Just look at the stats deaths by this variant v deaths by suicide from losing jobs self isolating etc. What about deaths by flu do we need to self isolate incase of that as well. Even if you have the jab you can still catch it and pass it on. This is now telling people what to do without free choice. What next you must have a microchip inserted into your body.
I take it you haven't had covid or give a damn about it either way, me and my wife were rushed into hospital with suspected covid in july, I can barely walk know, and struggle to breath. My wife got it worse than I did, she has gone from someone who was fit to someone who is knackered within a few meters of walking, and in constant pain whilst breathing. She has been diagnosed with long covid, they call it glass lung where your lungs are coated with a thick mucus on the outside. No cure , and no help.

I keep reading all these comments from idiots, about it's only flu, I don't want a microchip inserting into my body, it's a hoax to get people under control. Well it's not, it's world wide, and no country would risk destroying the world economy by shutting down to control the people. 99% of adults and teanagers in the UK, carry a cell phone constantly it's like part of their body, well there's your chip, and you carry it willingly.

I've seen people die with it and it's a death I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, I've also seen people get a positive test and have no symptoms at all. As for flu, and other ailments people die of you can add those on top of the covid deaths.

Whether the vast minority of people who make up the anti vaxxers, like it or not, the vaccination card is coming, you will have to show it when you go to a sports event, use public transport , go the the pictures, or go to a reastatount, and especially to fly. In my opinion, It should be made mandatory to get vaccinated, I'm pretty sure if I wasn't vaccinated I would be dead, due to my other underlying illness.
Image

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19934
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by old cas lass » 27 Dec 2021, 13:27

Frankas wrote: 27 Dec 2021, 12:28
westerbeast73 wrote: 25 Dec 2021, 22:20 Just look at the stats deaths by this variant v deaths by suicide from losing jobs self isolating etc. What about deaths by flu do we need to self isolate incase of that as well. Even if you have the jab you can still catch it and pass it on. This is now telling people what to do without free choice. What next you must have a microchip inserted into your body.
I take it you haven't had covid or give a damn about it either way, me and my wife were rushed into hospital with suspected covid in july, I can barely walk know, and struggle to breath. My wife got it worse than I did, she has gone from someone who was fit to someone who is knackered within a few meters of walking, and in constant pain whilst breathing. She has been diagnosed with long covid, they call it glass lung where your lungs are coated with a thick mucus on the outside. No cure , and no help.

I keep reading all these comments from idiots, about it's only flu, I don't want a microchip inserting into my body, it's a hoax to get people under control. Well it's not, it's world wide, and no country would risk destroying the world economy by shutting down to control the people. 99% of adults and teanagers in the UK, carry a cell phone constantly it's like part of their body, well there's your chip, and you carry it willingly.

I've seen people die with it and it's a death I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, I've also seen people get a positive test and have no symptoms at all. As for flu, and other ailments people die of you can add those on top of the covid deaths.

Whether the vast minority of people who make up the anti vaxxers, like it or not, the vaccination card is coming, you will have to show it when you go to a sports event, use public transport , go the the pictures, or go to a reastatount, and especially to fly. In my opinion, It should be made mandatory to get vaccinated, I'm pretty sure if I wasn't vaccinated I would be dead, due to my other underlying illness.
So glad you are now recovering Frankas.
I also know how real it is.
My eldest daughter who is only 32 got it Oct 2020, as did myself and the other daughter. But the eldest suffered the worse. She had long Covid for 5/6 months, luckily it wasn’t her lungs though she did have a persistent cough for weeks and weeks. Hers were more joint pain were she could hardly move.
She’s now fully recovered, and we are all vaccinated. Back then none of us was vaccinated.

Take it easy frankas, and I hope you and your wife stay safe and make a full recovery.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1228
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 15:21
Twitter: Sacked social media
Location: Horbury
Contact:

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by mdean » 27 Dec 2021, 15:18

Thoughts with Frankas, family and all those affected.

I had this conversation last week - lets assume there is a microchip, for a second..... assume - There isn't and no evidence to suggest their is - but what on earth would it uncover about me than my phone and internet data doesn't? I drink a bit too much, don't exercise enough, gamble (more accurately tend to lose a bit), swear far too much for a product of the higher education system, don't work as hard as I should sometimes, bit fatter than I should be and I live a very boring life that would give nobody any insight.

I often thought about this when the ID card debate was raging, in reality what would anyone gain from knowing what 99.9% of us are doing?! If you are one of the 0.01% with things to hide, then that's your issue.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2043
Joined: 04 Aug 2014, 19:32
Location: Bury St Edmunds

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by SuffolkTiger » 27 Dec 2021, 17:30

mdean wrote: 27 Dec 2021, 15:18 Thoughts with Frankas, family and all those affected.

I had this conversation last week - lets assume there is a microchip, for a second..... assume - There isn't and no evidence to suggest their is - but what on earth would it uncover about me than my phone and internet data doesn't? I drink a bit too much, don't exercise enough, gamble (more accurately tend to lose a bit), swear far too much for a product of the higher education system, don't work as hard as I should sometimes, bit fatter than I should be and I live a very boring life that would give nobody any insight.

I often thought about this when the ID card debate was raging, in reality what would anyone gain from knowing what 99.9% of us are doing?! If you are one of the 0.01% with things to hide, then that's your issue.
Bang on the money there. Great post.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1891
Joined: 18 May 2019, 11:07

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Piquad1 » 27 Dec 2021, 18:42

Well said Frankas that well and truly hit the nail on the head. Wishing you and your wife all the best.

User avatar
yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3763
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 18:50
Location: York, UK

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by yorky » 28 Dec 2021, 09:16

mdean wrote: 27 Dec 2021, 15:18 Thoughts with Frankas, family and all those affected.

I had this conversation last week - lets assume there is a microchip, for a second..... assume - There isn't and no evidence to suggest their is - but what on earth would it uncover about me than my phone and internet data doesn't? I drink a bit too much, don't exercise enough, gamble (more accurately tend to lose a bit), swear far too much for a product of the higher education system, don't work as hard as I should sometimes, bit fatter than I should be and I live a very boring life that would give nobody any insight.

I often thought about this when the ID card debate was raging, in reality what would anyone gain from knowing what 99.9% of us are doing?! If you are one of the 0.01% with things to hide, then that's your issue.
here here :!: :!: :!:

User avatar
scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 823
Joined: 09 Jul 2008, 12:57
Location: castleford

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by scottiger » 28 Dec 2021, 23:19

Frankas wrote: 27 Dec 2021, 12:28
westerbeast73 wrote: 25 Dec 2021, 22:20 Just look at the stats deaths by this variant v deaths by suicide from losing jobs self isolating etc. What about deaths by flu do we need to self isolate incase of that as well. Even if you have the jab you can still catch it and pass it on. This is now telling people what to do without free choice. What next you must have a microchip inserted into your body.
I take it you haven't had covid or give a damn about it either way, me and my wife were rushed into hospital with suspected covid in july, I can barely walk know, and struggle to breath. My wife got it worse than I did, she has gone from someone who was fit to someone who is knackered within a few meters of walking, and in constant pain whilst breathing. She has been diagnosed with long covid, they call it glass lung where your lungs are coated with a thick mucus on the outside. No cure , and no help.

I keep reading all these comments from idiots, about it's only flu, I don't want a microchip inserting into my body, it's a hoax to get people under control. Well it's not, it's world wide, and no country would risk destroying the world economy by shutting down to control the people. 99% of adults and teanagers in the UK, carry a cell phone constantly it's like part of their body, well there's your chip, and you carry it willingly.

I've seen people die with it and it's a death I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, I've also seen people get a positive test and have no symptoms at all. As for flu, and other ailments people die of you can add those on top of the covid deaths.

Whether the vast minority of people who make up the anti vaxxers, like it or not, the vaccination card is coming, you will have to show it when you go to a sports event, use public transport , go the the pictures, or go to a reastatount, and especially to fly. In my opinion, It should be made mandatory to get vaccinated, I'm pretty sure if I wasn't vaccinated I would be dead, due to my other underlying illness.
Yep I'm fairly fit run and gym 3 times a week . It knocked the stuffing out of me . Wrote me off for 3 weeks . And took few months to feel 100% coughing blood up isn't nice .
Image
TM Out

Post Reply