Covid strikes.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
User avatar
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 6169
Joined: 24 May 2007, 15:06
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by mart0042 » 24 Dec 2021, 10:49

Better to have it now than at the start of the season. Have it like kids and chicken pox, put them all in the bath together!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5464
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Dec 2021, 11:00

Fumper27 wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 10:38 That was aimed more at those who, despite medical expert and advise to the contrary, still refuse to believe that the vaccination program is the way overcome the current adversity faced by the whole planet.
👍🏻

Casmania
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5867
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 22:47
Location: Castleford

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Casmania » 24 Dec 2021, 12:42

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 08:41 Everyone is living with the virus except those who are dying from it, some of them unnecessarily. I don’t understand your point
This
Image

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Casmania
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5867
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 22:47
Location: Castleford

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Casmania » 24 Dec 2021, 12:49

gateman wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 09:44 most of us have done what we can against this pandemic by having the jab when called , it seems in the vast majority of the people that are hogging hospital beds are those who think the jabs are no good
Yes, sadly this is the case. The anti-vaccers peddling unsubstantiated and unfounded 'facts' need to look at themselves and realise the negative impact they are causing.
Anyone who doesn't buy into the fact that vaccines saves lifes, I would suggest they visit the ICU and HDU units at St James's hospital. Speak to the exhausted staff or ask the relatives what they think. 90% of those hospitalised are unvscvinates.
Rant over.
Merry Christmas to everyone.
Image

MY CLUB. MY CAS

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19935
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by old cas lass » 24 Dec 2021, 12:55

Casmania wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 12:49
gateman wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 09:44 most of us have done what we can against this pandemic by having the jab when called , it seems in the vast majority of the people that are hogging hospital beds are those who think the jabs are no good
Yes, sadly this is the case. The anti-vaccers peddling unsubstantiated and unfounded 'facts' need to look at themselves and realise the negative impact they are causing.
Anyone who doesn't buy into the fact that vaccines saves lifes, I would suggest they visit the ICU and HDU units at St James's hospital. Speak to the exhausted staff or ask the relatives what they think. 90% of those hospitalised are unvscvinates.
Rant over.
Merry Christmas to everyone.
Not sure if you know the figures in the Leeds trust hospitals.
But it’s not as many as people think.

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4186
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by gateman » 24 Dec 2021, 13:35

i do not know how many are in hospital with Covid but most will be shaking their heads i thinking they ought to have had the jab , merry Christmas to you all and keep safe

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12032
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Dec 2021, 15:01

The real (experts) like Dr Jenny Harris who last week said Omicron is the biggest danger we've faced so far in the Pandemic and in under a week is backtracking from that sweeping statement as early tests results prove her to be way off the mark are the people who should be questioned I believe
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Casmania
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5867
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 22:47
Location: Castleford

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Casmania » 24 Dec 2021, 15:36

old cas lass wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 12:55
Casmania wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 12:49
gateman wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 09:44 most of us have done what we can against this pandemic by having the jab when called , it seems in the vast majority of the people that are hogging hospital beds are those who think the jabs are no good
Yes, sadly this is the case. The anti-vaccers peddling unsubstantiated and unfounded 'facts' need to look at themselves and realise the negative impact they are causing.
Anyone who doesn't buy into the fact that vaccines saves lifes, I would suggest they visit the ICU and HDU units at St James's hospital. Speak to the exhausted staff or ask the relatives what they think. 90% of those hospitalised are unvscvinates.
Rant over.
Merry Christmas to everyone.
Not sure if you know the figures in the Leeds trust hospitals.
But it’s not as many as people think.
Actually I
Spent 26 years working for Leeds teaching hospitals, I have retired, but I am in contact with ex colleagues. It is their experiences and figures I am quoting. These are the people who are at the sharp end of the pandemic and deal with it daily.
Image

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10180
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Dec 2021, 15:36

She hasn't actually backtracked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59776415

But says the higher number of infections may counteract the more mild symptoms of omicron

Casmania
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5867
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 22:47
Location: Castleford

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Casmania » 24 Dec 2021, 15:38

tigerfeat wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 15:01 The real (experts) like Dr Jenny Harris who last week said Omicron is the biggest danger we've faced so far in the Pandemic and in under a week is backtracking from that sweeping statement as early tests results prove her to be way off the mark are the people who should be questioned I believe
Hardly backtracking, more reinforcing her point about the devasting effect Omicron may cause.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59776415
Image

MY CLUB. MY CAS

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12032
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Dec 2021, 16:01

Well we will see if she is right or wrong in time like everything else ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1891
Joined: 18 May 2019, 11:07

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Piquad1 » 24 Dec 2021, 18:25

All we can do is follow the advice given out. At the end of the day it's up to the individual but it might be a high price to pay if you ignore. Merry Xmas all and stay safe if we can.

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19935
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by old cas lass » 24 Dec 2021, 18:35

Casmania wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 15:36
old cas lass wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 12:55
Casmania wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 12:49
gateman wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 09:44 most of us have done what we can against this pandemic by having the jab when called , it seems in the vast majority of the people that are hogging hospital beds are those who think the jabs are no good
Yes, sadly this is the case. The anti-vaccers peddling unsubstantiated and unfounded 'facts' need to look at themselves and realise the negative impact they are causing.
Anyone who doesn't buy into the fact that vaccines saves lifes, I would suggest they visit the ICU and HDU units at St James's hospital. Speak to the exhausted staff or ask the relatives what they think. 90% of those hospitalised are unvscvinates.
Rant over.
Merry Christmas to everyone.
Not sure if you know the figures in the Leeds trust hospitals.
But it’s not as many as people think.
Actually I
Spent 26 years working for Leeds teaching hospitals, I have retired, but I am in contact with ex colleagues. It is their experiences and figures I am quoting. These are the people who are at the sharp end of the pandemic and deal with it daily.
Relative works for the trust.
They get an email every Thursday with the figures.
I’ve seen the figures.

camancman
New member
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 May 2020, 01:56

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by camancman » 24 Dec 2021, 21:13

Every medic is talking BS! They do not have a clue.They are all as thick as a brick. None of them actually went to school. Ignore the lot of them!! You are far more educated. You have read Facebook in your break grom plastering a wall or laying a brick.!!! Get a grip folks. If you don't trust medics then stop using the NHS. Stop going to see those damned idioys when you are ill.....They have not got a clue. Oh yes the vaccine is experimental.!!.....Well the idiot medics have now squirted it into many millions of arms.....I have only heard a few cases of minor side effects. That is one hell of a successful experiment!! Before the vaccines came on board the rate of deaths was horrific. Now it is far better, Come on peeps....Do the right thing. Get a jab!!

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1891
Joined: 18 May 2019, 11:07

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Piquad1 » 25 Dec 2021, 07:46

Mmmmm to the point but correct.

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4186
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by gateman » 25 Dec 2021, 09:00

camancman wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 21:13 Every medic is talking BS! They do not have a clue.They are all as thick as a brick. None of them actually went to school. Ignore the lot of them!! You are far more educated. You have read Facebook in your break grom plastering a wall or laying a brick.!!! Get a grip folks. If you don't trust medics then stop using the NHS. Stop going to see those damned idioys when you are ill.....They have not got a clue. Oh yes the vaccine is experimental.!!.....Well the idiot medics have now squirted it into many millions of arms.....I have only heard a few cases of minor side effects. That is one hell of a successful experiment!! Before the vaccines came on board the rate of deaths was horrific. Now it is far better, Come on peeps....Do the right thing. Get a jab!!
well said mate far better than i could have written , bang on the money with this one

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12032
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Dec 2021, 09:19

The goverment questioned the figures they were being given last week and in my view were right to do so... anyway everybody's hoping we will be free from this .... soon
Merry Christmas to one and all
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

camancman
New member
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 May 2020, 01:56

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by camancman » 25 Dec 2021, 20:13

It is always correct to adopt a questioning disposition. What is not being questioned is the fact that without the vaccine rollout worldwide then the number of deaths would be far greater. there are people dying in parts of the world in massive numbers who have not got access to medicines. We complain when we have to wait a few extra weeks for surgery. We are so privileged!! There can therefore be NO REASON WHATSOEVER to not roll up your sleeve and get the squirt!!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10180
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Dec 2021, 20:26

Stop talking sense…

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 884
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 10:44

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by westerbeast73 » 25 Dec 2021, 20:53

The fact Boris pushed full steam ahead with the booster jab before finding out what the new variant was like in terms of strength. Makes this feel more like lining business pockets than saving lives.

Post Reply