Covid strikes.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19953
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

Covid strikes.

Post by old cas lass » 22 Dec 2021, 21:16


User avatar
alftupper
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3736
Joined: 18 Aug 2006, 10:41

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by alftupper » 22 Dec 2021, 21:41

18 cases I heard

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 228
Joined: 14 Dec 2018, 07:16

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Brummietiger » 22 Dec 2021, 21:48

I suppose it was inevitable at some point given how it is spreading through football. May not be so bad having to deal with it sooner rather than later before the real pre season business gets going later in January.

Nofrainnopain
New member
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Dec 2021, 17:25

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Nofrainnopain » 23 Dec 2021, 10:37

Just hope we can don't suffer any setbacks when we return to training.

User avatar
alftupper
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3736
Joined: 18 Aug 2006, 10:41

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by alftupper » 23 Dec 2021, 12:26

Hope Trueman is ok

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12054
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Dec 2021, 14:14

With the look like Covid maybe being a factor again next season any club that have the vast majority of there staff fully jabbed could have a significant advantage over a club that have a lot of its staff unjabbed no idea where we are on this
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 314
Joined: 02 Mar 2014, 21:53

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Keithy » 23 Dec 2021, 20:53

I am so pleased to read that Cas are managing to maintain the level of Covid control that we achieved this past 12 months.
Several games postponed and others cancelled altogether because no-one at the club is bothered about controlling players and staff.
Party time on the coach coming back from the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley and now 18 players and staff have again found to be carrying the virus,
It's time the Cas Board of Directors pulled their fingers out and got someone to ensure this doesn't happen again.
Happy Christmas everyone.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10201
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Dec 2021, 21:44

No matter how tight the restrictions, people will still get Covid, just like people get cold and flu every year. Short of a full lockdown, we need to accept and learn to live with the virus. Otherwise, what is the point?

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 746
Joined: 20 Mar 2012, 23:34

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by casfanfromcov » 24 Dec 2021, 00:01

alftupper wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 12:26 Hope Trueman is ok
Nice one Alf

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 746
Joined: 20 Mar 2012, 23:34

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by casfanfromcov » 24 Dec 2021, 00:04

Fumper27 wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 21:44 No matter how tight the restrictions, people will still get Covid, just like people get cold and flu every year. Short of a full lockdown, we need to accept and learn to live with the virus. Otherwise, what is the point?
My mate is a GP in Birmingham. He said exactly the same about us needing to learn to live with the virus

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10201
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Dec 2021, 07:57

casfanfromcov wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 00:04
Fumper27 wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 21:44 No matter how tight the restrictions, people will still get Covid, just like people get cold and flu every year. Short of a full lockdown, we need to accept and learn to live with the virus. Otherwise, what is the point?
My mate is a GP in Birmingham. He said exactly the same about us needing to learn to live with the virus
Seriously mate, a GP has got nothing on the medical experts on here…

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5466
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Dec 2021, 08:41

Everyone is living with the virus except those who are dying from it, some of them unnecessarily. I don’t understand your point

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10201
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Dec 2021, 08:44

Staying behind closed doors and limiting human interaction is, in my opinion, not living with it, more hiding from it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12054
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Dec 2021, 08:56

That's the point we could be in for ten years of loss of freedom or restrictions if we keep seeing lockdowns as the answer
Vaccines work and the immune system will make it less of a danger in time like cold or flu but keep limiting people's freedom every time a new wave comes through isn't the way to go imo
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5466
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Dec 2021, 09:37

I hope you’re both right. Sadly we have no idea how this pandemic is going to work out. We hadn’t heard of the current variant three weeks ago and it’s already sweeping the world at an alarming rate. We also have no idea of whether there will be another mutation and if so who it will target and how.
I’m happy to continue taking the latest official medical advice (and I don’t mean that of any ‘expert’ on here or of individual GPS either).

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4195
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by gateman » 24 Dec 2021, 09:44

most of us have done what we can against this pandemic by having the jab when called , it seems in the vast majority of the people that are hogging hospital beds are those who think the jabs are no good

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12054
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Dec 2021, 10:00

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 09:37 I hope you’re both right. Sadly we have no idea how this pandemic is going to work out. We hadn’t heard of the current variant three weeks ago and it’s already sweeping the world at an alarming rate. We also have no idea of whether there will be another mutation and if so who it will target and how.
I’m happy to continue taking the latest official medical advice (and I don’t mean that of any ‘expert’ on here or of individual GPS either).
Who says there a expert? It's just people offering a opinion
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5466
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Dec 2021, 10:01

Spot on Gateman, but just to say that I’ve decided to sign off on this particular topic. My views on vaccine avoidance and related issues are for both personal and professional reasons both long held and evidence based.
I have given up trying to persuade those who won’t listen and although I’ve got drawn into this discussion I come on here to discuss rugby league with people whose views I respect in relation to rugby league and was relieved when administrators previously moved Covid stuff to the Cas lounge.
Have a great Christmas and I look forward to discussing Rugby League with you guys in the New Year.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5466
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Dec 2021, 10:05

tigerfeat wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 10:00
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 24 Dec 2021, 09:37 I hope you’re both right. Sadly we have no idea how this pandemic is going to work out. We hadn’t heard of the current variant three weeks ago and it’s already sweeping the world at an alarming rate. We also have no idea of whether there will be another mutation and if so who it will target and how.
I’m happy to continue taking the latest official medical advice (and I don’t mean that of any ‘expert’ on here or of individual GPS either).
Who says there a expert? It's just people offering a opinion
Fumper did. Look on the thread

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10201
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: Covid strikes.

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Dec 2021, 10:38

That was aimed more at those who, despite medical expert and advise to the contrary, still refuse to believe that the vaccination program is the way overcome the current adversity faced by the whole planet.

Post Reply