What controversy in todays F1 championship and still not over

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: F1 racing

Post by old cas lass » 12 Dec 2021, 22:31

Robbed. Corrupt, however you see it.
FIA put the race on a plate for versteppen.
Talk about changing the rules in a 5 minute period.
Back marker to stay, no let’s make it easier for max, back 5 markers to go, leaving max right up Lewis’s backside and on faster tires.
I loved the sport, booked for next years British GP. But how am feeling just now they can stick it up their jacksee’s.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 13 Dec 2021, 12:40

F1 has been corrupt for years and I really hope Mercedes take the appeal to CAS and let the courts decide. If they wanted to finish under race conditions then it should have been red flagged.

Lewis had old tyres on so it was obvious they'd be no contest and for them to only allow 5 back markers through just so Max is sat on his wing was an absolute joke.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 13 Dec 2021, 17:38

There is a poll to get Michal massy to get the chip from his post I believe it all started when Horner said we only need 1 lap so he gave them it on a plate

Stoke Bloke
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Erm......Stoke surprisingly. Thats the rough bit between Manchester and Birmingham.

Post by Stoke Bloke » 16 Dec 2021, 06:54

To be honest I hate F1 with a passion I usually reserve for Loiners. Every time a team makes a technical advancement everybody else cries foul and how its unfair, whilst using more technology than NASA to change telemetry and configurations mid race.

What is all that about. It is no longer sport. If it were then manufacturers would rock up to a circuit, use open practice to decide on the set up and what tyres they want to use, why should they be forced to only use 1 manufacturer, the go with it and actually race.

Did Lewis and Mercedes get shafted, absolutely. However, running to the courts is wrong. They should just take it on the chin instead of making F1 look even more corrupt than it is. Also imagine that scenario in other sports, the smaller teams in the Prem and Superleague would never be out of the courtroom

The constant whinging of teams, appeals over every little thing, and the fact all the drivers are like PR automatons has made it the most expensive bore fest imaginable.

Oh for the days of Hunt V Lauda now that was real racing with real men, the way it is now drivers will be defunct in a few years and it'll all be robots.

Do yourselves a favour and get into some Moto GP or WSB for real action on the track.
BE LOYAL BE LOUD BE CAS.

John 3:16