Simon Middelton

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Post Reply
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12032
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Simon Middelton

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Dec 2021, 19:21

Won rugby coach of the year... blokes done well for himself good to hear a success story really
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4185
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40

Re: Simon Middelton

Post by gateman » 08 Dec 2021, 10:43

i do not know what the lad coaches in there is not much info in the post, but is it the same lad that played on the wing for us

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10180
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: Simon Middelton

Post by Fumper27 » 08 Dec 2021, 11:00

Yes, it’s him. He coached the England women’s RU team who’ve now gone 2 years unbeaten

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4185
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40

Re: Simon Middelton

Post by gateman » 08 Dec 2021, 11:53

Fumper27 wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 11:00 Yes, it’s him. He coached the England women’s RU team who’ve now gone 2 years unbeaten
thanks mate i think he played in our Regal Trophy win over Wigan

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10180
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: Simon Middelton

Post by Fumper27 » 08 Dec 2021, 11:59

gateman wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 11:53
Fumper27 wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 11:00 Yes, it’s him. He coached the England women’s RU team who’ve now gone 2 years unbeaten
thanks mate i think he played in our Regal Trophy win over Wigan
That he did. I think we signed him from Knottingley RU

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2043
Joined: 04 Aug 2014, 19:32
Location: Bury St Edmunds

Re: Simon Middelton

Post by SuffolkTiger » 08 Dec 2021, 12:43

Fumper27 wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 11:59
gateman wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 11:53
Fumper27 wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 11:00 Yes, it’s him. He coached the England women’s RU team who’ve now gone 2 years unbeaten
thanks mate i think he played in our Regal Trophy win over Wigan
That he did. I think we signed him from Knottingley RU
We did indeed. Great to see a local lad doing well.

Always struck me as someone who worked really hard and made the most of the talent he’d been born with.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 538
Joined: 22 Mar 2014, 17:40

Re: Simon Middelton

Post by Nu Shooze » 09 Dec 2021, 17:23

What DVD did to him re the 92 final was disgraceful

Spanishtiger
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 833
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 20:09

Re: Simon Middelton

Post by Spanishtiger » 10 Dec 2021, 11:31

True I thought he was a better bet than either Wray or Nelson

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12032
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Simon Middelton

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Dec 2021, 14:42

I've forgotten about that what did he play most of the season and got dropped for the cup final
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

User avatar
alftupper
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3733
Joined: 18 Aug 2006, 10:41

Re: Simon Middelton

Post by alftupper » 10 Dec 2021, 14:57

Spanishtiger wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 11:31 True I thought he was a better bet than either Wray or Nelson
Agreed, I didn’t rate either. Only memory I still have of Wray was of him watching a ball in the in goal area willing it to go dead seamingly mesmerised by the motionless object as the attacking player gratefully dropped on the ball. Had some pace but that was about it.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 538
Joined: 22 Mar 2014, 17:40

Re: Simon Middelton

Post by Nu Shooze » 10 Dec 2021, 17:30

tigerfeat wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 14:42 I've forgotten about that what did he play most of the season and got dropped for the cup final
Seem to recall him playing every round up to the final and then not only dropped him but didn’t even let him travel.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12032
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Simon Middelton

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Dec 2021, 18:39

Nu Shooze wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 17:30
tigerfeat wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 14:42 I've forgotten about that what did he play most of the season and got dropped for the cup final
Seem to recall him playing every round up to the final and then not only dropped him but didn’t even let him travel.
I seem to remember he was treated shabily over something now you've said that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Post Reply