New Captain

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Post Reply
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11827
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

New Captain

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Nov 2021, 09:54

Just read where Radders said he will be looking closely at the candidates in pre-season before making a choice who as the qualitys he wants to be the captain in 2022 suppose Macca would start a strong favourite
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2691
Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 15:27

Re: New Captain

Post by heritage1926 » 21 Nov 2021, 10:07

Can only be Macca. You could make an argument for vice captain, Wattsy or Massey are both good candidates.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1540
Joined: 20 Jun 2016, 08:47

Re: New Captain

Post by cogito ergo sum » 21 Nov 2021, 10:09

I think the captain should do 80 mins, but I know some don’t.

Fumper27
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 9962
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: New Captain

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Nov 2021, 10:53

McShane for me

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2146
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 00:40

Re: New Captain

Post by derbystiger » 21 Nov 2021, 13:43

Macca for me, no question

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1362
Joined: 17 Jul 2018, 21:14

Re: New Captain

Post by Swagger » 21 Nov 2021, 13:57

Westerman could be in with a shout along with Macca for me.

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19807
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

Re: New Captain

Post by old cas lass » 21 Nov 2021, 14:11

Fumper27 wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 10:53 McShane for me
Ditto.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11827
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: New Captain

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Nov 2021, 14:51

Swagger wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 13:57 Westerman could be in with a shout along with Macca for me.
I'd have Macca as captain Westermen as vice captain
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2146
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 00:40

Re: New Captain

Post by derbystiger » 21 Nov 2021, 17:17

I’d look at Watts as vice captain - he’s been a little off his game lately and a bit of responsibility on his shoulders might do him good to lift his game again and set the standards for the rest. Plus, World Cup year he will be keen to impress I would have thought.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 857
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 10:44

Re: New Captain

Post by westerbeast73 » 21 Nov 2021, 18:00

derbystiger wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 17:17 I’d look at Watts as vice captain - he’s been a little off his game lately and a bit of responsibility on his shoulders might do him good to lift his game again and set the standards for the rest. Plus, World Cup year he will be keen to impress I would have thought.
He's not on the pitch long enough to be a captain.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2146
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 00:40

Re: New Captain

Post by derbystiger » 21 Nov 2021, 18:05

westerbeast73 wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 18:00
derbystiger wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 17:17 I’d look at Watts as vice captain - he’s been a little off his game lately and a bit of responsibility on his shoulders might do him good to lift his game again and set the standards for the rest. Plus, World Cup year he will be keen to impress I would have thought.
He's not on the pitch long enough to be a captain.
Macca does 80 mins as captain, I don’t see why the vice needs to be an 80 min player but we all have our own views

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5208
Joined: 11 Jul 2006, 16:17

Re: New Captain

Post by nottinghamtiger » 21 Nov 2021, 20:55

For me, McShane as captain is a no-brainer. He’s clearly our most influential player and the natural leader of the team.

User avatar
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 6104
Joined: 24 May 2007, 15:06
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: New Captain

Post by mart0042 » 22 Nov 2021, 12:40

Personally the one who makes the decisions on the field should get the job. An 80 minute player and expected to play in every match he's fit.

Says Macca to me.

The vice captain can be a group of players.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1149
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 17:59

Re: New Captain

Post by FIat Capper » 22 Nov 2021, 13:19

It is hard to see past Macca but does that make him too obvious a choice? Not for me but you never know.

I noted that Radders says he's looking to see who steps up during pre-season and this may well give him a range of options for vice, including the multiple option.

Post Reply