Wheldon Road

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Wheldon Road

Post by mart0042 » 30 Nov 2021, 11:08

Blackbulltiger wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 23:09
Fumper27 wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 22:50 Those stupid folk at Axiom, not having the foresight to see a global pandemic coming a full 5+ years before it did, one that would bring the whole world to a standstill for months on end, when they made plans for a new stadium and shopping complex…
Not stupid very good business I would say they will finish up with land we out building us a stadium. Fact this is all ready going to happen Castleford have admitted them self new stadium on that site will not happen now . As this being axiom plan from start alot of people think so.
I take it with your knowledge, you put money into the right places like face masks, alcohol gel and respirators? You should have made enough to pay for the stadium. Same for the whizzkids at Axiom. However, they need us to give up the stadium to make it profitable.

No one spotted this devastating pandemic except conspiracy theorists and the maker of the "contagion" film.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 30 Nov 2021, 13:00

mart0042 wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:08
Fumper27 wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 22:50 Those stupid folk at Axiom, not having the foresight to see a global pandemic coming a full 5+ years before it did, one that would bring the whole world to a standstill for months on end, when they made plans for a new stadium and shopping complex…
Not stupid very good business I would say they will finish up with land we out building us a stadium. Fact this is all ready going to happen Castleford have admitted them self new stadium on that site will not happen now . As this being axiom plan from start alot of people think so.
I take it with your knowledge, you put money into the right places like face masks, alcohol gel and respirators? You should have made enough to pay for the stadium. Same for the whizzkids at Axiom. However, they need us to give up the stadium to make it profitable.

No one spotted this devastating pandemic except conspiracy theorists and the maker of the "contagion" film.
The new stadium plans were first announced on the 13th March 2013.
Steve Gill publicly announced in 2015 we would be in the new stadium for the start of the 2017seaon. This was a full 2 years before the pandemic was ever heard off.
The viability, sustainability and lack of funding were the issues.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Nov 2021, 13:19

Casmania wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 13:00

Followed by the pandemic, shrinking of the economy, the largest national debt since to end of WW2, businesses closing left right and centre creating empty units that are ready-made to be moved into, etc

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 30 Nov 2021, 13:56

Fumper27 wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 13:19

Followed by the pandemic, shrinking of the economy, the largest national debt since to end of WW2, businesses closing left right and centre creating empty units that are ready-made to be moved into, etc
I see you have edited my previous answer.

The Club publicly stated they would be in the new stadium for the start of the 2017 season.
A FULL 2 years before the pandemic.
It was already dead and buried then. A significant funding shortfall allied to increasing costs, online shopping and greatly reduced rental income made the whole development simply unviable.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Nov 2021, 14:01

Casmania wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 13:56

The Club publicly stated they would be in the new stadium for the start of the 2017 season.
It was already dead and buried then. A significant funding shortfall allied to increasing costs, online shopping and greatly reduced rental income made the whole development simply unviable.
No flies on you, is there?

However, all of that is in your opinion, given the fact is that Axiom publicly stated it would still go ahead. Who is anyone to call them liars?

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 30 Nov 2021, 14:56

This was well dead in water well before pandemic all units was moved off site six months before covid lock down all the yes will happen camp blamed it on brexit lol

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 30 Nov 2021, 15:06

Blackbulltiger wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 14:56

This was well dead in water well before pandemic all units was moved off site six months before covid lock down all the yes will happen camp blamed it on brexit lol find very strange people still defending this company 🙄

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Nov 2021, 15:12

Can someone point me out the post where Axiom have been “defended”? My eyes aren’t what they once were.

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pat » 30 Nov 2021, 16:43

See how long it is before we get another update on what is happening and how much they have to spend on the improvements

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 30 Nov 2021, 17:55

Fumper27 wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 15:12 Can someone point me out the post where Axiom have been “defended”? My eyes aren’t what they once were.
The above isn't quite a defence of the company but it certainly aint blaming them either.

Whilst I agree Axiom weren't to blame for either of Brexit or the pandemic, neither if these excuses the fact they will use both to avoid building a stadium. Opportunist they most certainly are

Year of the Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Year of the Tiger » 30 Nov 2021, 17:55

Fumper27 wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 14:01

However, all of that is in your opinion, given the fact is that Axiom publicly stated it would still go ahead. Who is anyone to call them liars?
Why do you always get abusive when someone challenges your point of view.
As I remember Axiom always said they were confident of the development going ahead. A bit like the England manager saying he his confident of them winning the World Cup.
It was always a tall order, it went on for far too long, things didn't stack up financially. Having to change the design to attract clients. Nothing to do with the current pandemic.

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pat » 30 Nov 2021, 18:40

It must be twenty years since I bought the evening post and there was a picture on the front page of the new stadium that was to be built along side of water theme park

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Nov 2021, 18:53

Year of the Tiger wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 17:55
Fumper27 wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 14:01

Why do you always get abusive when someone challenges your point of view.
As I remember Axiom always said they were confident of the development going ahead. A bit like the England manager saying he his confident of them winning the World Cup.
It was always a tall order, it went on for far too long, things didn't stack up financially. Having to change the design to attract clients. Nothing to do with the current pandemic.
Where is the abuse? It was clearly obviousl that I had edited the post, it was there for all to see. Some people see differing points of view as debate, others see it as “abuse”.

I took what Axiom said at face value. I had no reason to doubt them and prefer a “glass half full” approach to life. If it falls through, so be it. I won’t lose any sleep over it and will still go watch Cas play, wherever that may be.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 30 Nov 2021, 23:57

Blackbulltiger wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 15:06

This was well dead in water well before pandemic all units was moved off site six months before covid lock down all the yes will happen camp blamed it on brexit lol find very strange people still defending this company 🙄
Shall we introduce some simple legible facts into the debate……?

Fact: numerous retailers have opened new out of town sites this year and will continue to do so throughout 2022.

Fact: some of these have been delayed due to Covid. Some haven’t.

Fact: some of these sites are in the north of England.

Fact: out of town “destination” retail sites and on line are seen as the future of retail. High streets are not.

It’s clearly a complex situation not helped by non fact based conjecture on various media platforms - including this one.

It’s only my opinion, but I think it’s more about “when” a new stadium is built, as opposed to “if”

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 01 Dec 2021, 00:59

SuffolkTiger wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 23:57
Blackbulltiger wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 15:06

Shall we introduce some simple legible facts into the debate……?

Fact: numerous retailers have opened new out of town sites this year and will continue to do so throughout 2022.

Fact: some of these have been delayed due to Covid. Some haven’t.

Fact: some of these sites are in the north of England.

Fact: out of town “destination” retail sites and on line are seen as the future of retail. High streets are not.

It’s clearly a complex situation not helped by non fact based conjecture on various media platforms - including this one.

It’s only my opinion, but I think it’s more about “when” a new stadium is built, as opposed to “if”
The facts are Castleford tigers have said the new stadium in no longer a option any more end off debate for me .

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 01 Dec 2021, 11:06

pat wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 18:40 It must be twenty years since I bought the evening post and there was a picture on the front page of the new stadium that was to be built along side of water theme park
I remember Cas being on the shortlist for euro Disney. Would have been brilliant. There'd certainly be a new road that doesn't flood like barndsle road.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 01 Dec 2021, 14:22

we have more chance of revamping Weldon RD a number of streams of money can be tapped into plus two million from the council and the money that Axiom will have to put in

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 01 Dec 2021, 15:04

gateman wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 14:22 we have more chance of revamping Weldon RD a number of streams of money can be tapped into plus two million from the council and the money that Axiom will have to put in
Axiom. Will get round not given us anything

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 01 Dec 2021, 15:45

Blackbulltiger wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 15:04
gateman wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 14:22 we have more chance of revamping Weldon RD a number of streams of money can be tapped into plus two million from the council and the money that Axiom will have to put in
Axiom. Will get round not given us anything
we are in the same position as Wakefield was if they want to build on the land and we stick to our guns they will have to put into the pot

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 Dec 2021, 16:31

That’s absolutely right. No point me keeping posting about planning permission on green belt though because it doesn’t fit other posters’ arguement