Wheldon Road

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
pat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wheldon Road

Post by pat » 01 Dec 2021, 16:34

Perhaps they are selling the top soil at the site and that is why piles of soil have appeared all over the site. Must be good quality soil being on a farm and they could get good money for it just a thought.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 01 Dec 2021, 16:45

gateman wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 15:45
Blackbulltiger wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 15:04
gateman wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 14:22 we have more chance of revamping Weldon RD a number of streams of money can be tapped into plus two million from the council and the money that Axiom will have to put in
Axiom. Will get round not given us anything
we are in the same position as Wakefield was if they want to build on the land and we stick to our guns they will have to put into the pot
Cas have never been good at poker and WMDC are close to a policy of development at any cost. Just my humble opinion.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Dec 2021, 17:48

Wakefield have been working hard for at least three years it might be nearer to four years i can't quite remember to get to the spot there at today
We've certainly got work to do and have to do it quickly to catch up to where there at but there's nothing I've heard to make it impossible tho some people seem to think were waisting are time I don't get that view really
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 01 Dec 2021, 18:29

tigerfeat wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 17:48 Wakefield have been working hard for at least three years it might be nearer to four years i can't quite remember to get to the spot there at today
We've certainly got work to do and have to do it quickly to catch up to where there at but there's nothing I've heard to make it impossible tho some people seem to think were waisting are time I don't get that view really
I agree fully with that, the future of the club could be at stake and we have to explore every avenue available to us. The true waste of time would be to do nothing.

Dunkirk Spirit
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dunkirk Spirit » 01 Dec 2021, 19:03

tigerfeat wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 17:48 Wakefield have been working hard for at least three years it might be nearer to four years i can't quite remember to get to the spot there at today
You’re quite correct, Trinity secured the ground Lease March 13th 2018, more than three and a half years ago, that was the starting point which trinity could work with the section 106, once Peter Box resigned as leader of WMDC, things began moving, Trinity and Yorkcourt have their planning applications hearing Dec 16th. Good luck with your redevelopment plans, you Will need a negotiator with some resolve when facing any Developers.