Trueman

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2974
Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 15:27
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Nov 2021, 09:31

lurcher wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 21:29 whats ben roberts doing these days? :idea:
Personal training I believe, looks in better shape now than his playing days and even then, he was always ripped

User avatar
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10674
Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 23:25
Location: bridlington
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by lurcher » 20 Nov 2021, 00:40

look back to 2017 and he was one of the best halves in the competition, absolute class and a real athlete.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2286
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 00:40
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by derbystiger » 20 Nov 2021, 01:16

I don’t think some people realise how key Roberts was in 2017 - the bloke was worth the ticket money alone at times, pure class. Not many halves about with the strength and power with ball in hand that Roberts had. I think his later injury issues over shadowed how good he actually was before his injuries.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5864
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Nov 2021, 01:19

derbystiger wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 01:16 I don’t think some people realise how key Roberts was in 2017 - the bloke was worth the ticket money alone at times, pure class. Not many halves about with the strength and power with ball in hand that Roberts had. I think his later injury issues over shadowed how good he actually was before his injuries.
As was playing him out of position at fullback

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 977
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 10:44

Re: Trueman

Post by westerbeast73 » 23 Jan 2022, 11:18

I don't understand why Cas have not got Trueman to sign a contract extension even if they dont want him next season. As it stands he can walk away at the end of this season for no fee to another club. Cas should be getting something for a player of his quality.

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 20615
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by old cas lass » 23 Jan 2022, 11:23

westerbeast73 wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 11:18 I don't understand why Cas have not got Trueman to sign a contract extension even if they dont want him next season. As it stands he can walk away at the end of this season for no fee to another club. Cas should be getting something for a player of his quality.
Maybe other clubs either don’t have a place within their salary cap for this season.
Also why buy a player when you can get him for nowt.
Cas may have offered him a new contract and he’s turned it down.

IMO and my gut feeling is he’ll be off end of the season.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2132
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by Mucky1978 » 23 Jan 2022, 11:25

Can’t see many wanting him if he carry’s on his form of the last 2 years.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 977
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 10:44

Re: Trueman

Post by westerbeast73 » 23 Jan 2022, 15:33

old cas lass wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 11:23
westerbeast73 wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 11:18 I don't understand why Cas have not got Trueman to sign a contract extension even if they dont want him next season. As it stands he can walk away at the end of this season for no fee to another club. Cas should be getting something for a player of his quality.
Maybe other clubs either don’t have a place within their salary cap for this season.
Also why buy a player when you can get him for nowt.
Cas may have offered him a new contract and he’s turned it down.

IMO and my gut feeling is he’ll be off end of the season.
That's my point they couldn't buy him for nowt if he was contracted to Cas.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11373
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Jan 2022, 15:47

Can’t force him to sign a contract though. Not everything is the clubs fault.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 977
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 10:44

Re: Trueman

Post by westerbeast73 » 23 Jan 2022, 16:28

Fumper27 wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 15:47 Can’t force him to sign a contract though. Not everything is the clubs fault.
Did they even try though Mr know it all Fumper. Or should I say thinks he knows it all Fumper.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11373
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Jan 2022, 16:42

I don’t know. You asked “I don't understand why Cas have not got Trueman to sign a contract extension“. I was just pointing out that maybe they have made an offer and JT has turned it down. Or maybe the club are waiting to see how many games he plays this season before offering him a deal.

Imagine the uproar on here if we offered him a long term deal and then he spent most of it injured (see the vitriol Sosaia Feki has had for the last 24 months).

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 977
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 10:44

Re: Trueman

Post by westerbeast73 » 23 Jan 2022, 17:21

Fumper27 wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 16:42 I don’t know. You asked “I don't understand why Cas have not got Trueman to sign a contract extension“. I was just pointing out that maybe they have made an offer and JT has turned it down. Or maybe the club are waiting to see how many games he plays this season before offering him a deal.

Imagine the uproar on here if we offered him a long term deal and then he spent most of it injured (see the vitriol Sosaia Feki has had for the last 24 months).
Fair point that Fumper. I just dont like the fact he could walk away and Cas don't get a penny at the end of this season.

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 278
Joined: 15 Jul 2006, 16:54
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by pat » 23 Jan 2022, 23:09

Played two friendlies and been mentioned once a try from a kick of his 11 try’s today.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5272
Joined: 11 Jul 2006, 16:17
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by nottinghamtiger » 23 Jan 2022, 23:44

westerbeast73 wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 17:21
Fumper27 wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 16:42 I don’t know. You asked “I don't understand why Cas have not got Trueman to sign a contract extension“. I was just pointing out that maybe they have made an offer and JT has turned it down. Or maybe the club are waiting to see how many games he plays this season before offering him a deal.

Imagine the uproar on here if we offered him a long term deal and then he spent most of it injured (see the vitriol Sosaia Feki has had for the last 24 months).
Fair point that Fumper. I just dont like the fact he could walk away and Cas don't get a penny at the end of this season.
It’s just the norm these days.
Every player we have signed for this season has walked away from their club without us paying a penny. Ditto Niall Evalds last year.

User avatar
StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 687
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 15:52
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by StevieTheTV » 24 Jan 2022, 08:26

Its coming up to contract renewal / shopping window time for Trueman, he will be class for the first half of the season.

Once he's decided his future, his performances will drop off dramatically.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 128
Joined: 26 Jul 2019, 23:41
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by Let’s talk sense » 24 Jan 2022, 14:23

Going to be interesting to see how the JT situation pans out. None of us punters know what the true extent of his medical situation really is. A back injury in a player so young in my opinion is really concerning. This could effect his future contract value. Whoever takes a punt had better have a good pre screening medical team in place. Think he will end up at either Warrington, Leeds or outside chance Hull FC next season if he does not remain at Cas.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2286
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 00:40
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by derbystiger » 24 Jan 2022, 14:48

Do any of those that have been to the York/Doncaster games think he looks fit yet? He still looks a fair way off to me and has stood back not wanting to get involved too much. Maybe it’s gonna take a while after his op to get up towards 100%?

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2132
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by Mucky1978 » 24 Jan 2022, 14:58

Signed a new 2 year deal announcement in next few weeks.

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 128
Joined: 26 Jul 2019, 23:41
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by Let’s talk sense » 24 Jan 2022, 15:41

Mucky1978 wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 14:58 Signed a new 2 year deal announcement in next few weeks.
It’s not out of the question. There should be some cap money available next year and beyond. During his recent issues Cas staff have been best placed to carry out continuous assessment of his injury. Should have a good idea of any future prognosis. So yeah he may well be signed and sealed. Good luck to the lad going forward. There is a class player in there somewhere!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11373
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10
Contact:

Re: Trueman

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Jan 2022, 16:33

If that is true, I’ve never understood why the club don’t just announce it

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests