Oxen...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 857
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 10:44

Re: Oxen...

Post by westerbeast73 » 29 Oct 2021, 18:31

tigerfeat wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 18:12
westerbeast73 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 16:41 Cas could design the best shirt ever but once that cbr logo is plastered over the front of it then it's not gonna look good.
There could be a lot worse sponsors names on the shirt ...
I'm not knocking the sponsor I'm saying the logo looks shocking on the shirt.

User avatar
jackknife
Verified
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4069
Joined: 07 Jul 2011, 17:28
Location: york

Re: Oxen...

Post by jackknife » 30 Oct 2021, 09:38

Im not to fussed about the orange, i dont actually mind it but the big white thing just looks like its been stuck on after the kit was designed. I dont usually get excited by new kits as i prefer to wear the polos or training gear but once its been played in a few times we will just get used to it.

Lets just hope the away kit isn't all black with the big white thing stuck on front.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 672
Joined: 09 Jul 2006, 14:30
Location: WRAGBY

Re: Oxen...

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 30 Oct 2021, 11:58

heritage1926 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 18:19 Hull KR have just released their new home shirt (also Oxen) and it looks pretty nice.
Really? Looks like a ice hockey top! Nope dont like that either!
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11827
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Oxen...

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Oct 2021, 12:26

SWISS TONY!! wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 11:58
heritage1926 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 18:19 Hull KR have just released their new home shirt (also Oxen) and it looks pretty nice.
Really? Looks like a ice hockey top! Nope dont like that either!
It does Detroit red wings ha ha
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

ERG2012
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1666
Joined: 07 Jun 2014, 10:09

Re: Oxen...

Post by ERG2012 » 31 Oct 2021, 09:33

Shame the hockey shirt isn't the Charlestown Chiefs.....

scorcher68
New member
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Feb 2019, 07:01

Re: Oxen...

Post by scorcher68 » 03 Nov 2021, 11:02

tigerfeat wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 12:26
SWISS TONY!! wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 11:58
heritage1926 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 18:19 Hull KR have just released their new home shirt (also Oxen) and it looks pretty nice.
Really? Looks like a ice hockey top! Nope dont like that either!
It does Detroit red wings ha ha

That's it knew it was some NHL team it reminded me of.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2146
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 00:40

Re: Oxen...

Post by derbystiger » 05 Nov 2021, 14:17

Just seen some of the new training range - nice polo shirts etc… I shall be buying a couple

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 108
Joined: 15 Jul 2006, 16:54

Re: Oxen...

Post by pat » 05 Nov 2021, 15:35

Are the polo shirts good materials not like silk

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 264
Joined: 06 Aug 2014, 10:06

Re: Oxen...

Post by sirocco7 » 05 Nov 2021, 16:41

pat wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 15:35 Are the polo shirts good materials not like silk
Well it’s the same supplier we’ve had since 2015 so I’m guessing they will be silk and not cotton .

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 657
Joined: 31 Mar 2011, 12:13

Re: Oxen...

Post by orrsome » 05 Nov 2021, 20:50

sirocco7 wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 16:41
pat wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 15:35 Are the polo shirts good materials not like silk
Well it’s the same supplier we’ve had since 2015 so I’m guessing they will be silk and not cotton .
Polyester I think🙄

Year of the Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 187
Joined: 25 May 2011, 22:35

Re: Oxen...

Post by Year of the Tiger » 05 Nov 2021, 21:27

orrsome wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 20:50
sirocco7 wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 16:41
pat wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 15:35 Are the polo shirts good materials not like silk
Well it’s the same supplier we’ve had since 2015 so I’m guessing they will be silk and not cotton .
Polyester I think🙄
Cheap polyester I think you'll find.
The club needs to listen to its customers. Get back to traditional colours and some decent quality.

Ferrytiger87
New member
Posts: 19
Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 16:39

Re: Oxen...

Post by Ferrytiger87 » 06 Nov 2021, 14:17

The material is yes 100% polyester however the new tops are technical training wear, cotton doesn't wick moisture you will find the most technical top are made from at least 60% polyester unless you want to pay a fortune and go for something made from the likes of Merino.

Hopefully the leisure wear will have some cotton polo's your looking for.

Personal opinion is that the gear looks alot better quality and visually this year.

User avatar
scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 820
Joined: 09 Jul 2008, 12:57
Location: castleford

Re: Oxen...

Post by scottiger » 07 Nov 2021, 23:34

Ferrytiger87 wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 14:17 The material is yes 100% polyester however the new tops are technical training wear, cotton doesn't wick moisture you will find the most technical top are made from at least 60% polyester unless you want to pay a fortune and go for something made from the likes of Merino.

Hopefully the leisure wear will have some cotton polo's your looking for.

Personal opinion is that the gear looks alot better quality and visually this year.
It's exactly the same suppliers. Designs might be better quality will be exactly the same. My old isc polos are in better condition then the recent stuff I've purchased .
Image
TM Out

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 566
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:31

Re: Oxen...

Post by SREGITSAC » 08 Nov 2021, 12:24

Year of the Tiger wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 21:27
orrsome wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 20:50
sirocco7 wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 16:41
pat wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 15:35 Are the polo shirts good materials not like silk
Well it’s the same supplier we’ve had since 2015 so I’m guessing they will be silk and not cotton .
Polyester I think🙄
Cheap polyester I think you'll find.
The club needs to listen to its customers. Get back to traditional colours and some decent quality.
The training wear is the same material as they are made from the "performance" material that they have always used, they are training tops after all.

The club have however taken on-board feedback regarding leisurewear and not having solely training merchandise and there are a range of t-shirts, polo shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies in store.

For those looking for an amber shirt, fingers crossed 1 of the 3 will give you what you want... the aim of the club has got to be to appeal to everyone by producing a variety of shirts, one of which ticks the box for everyone. It's a bit dramatic to react after one shirt has been released, shouldn't be too long until we see the other designs (judging by previous years!).

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4085
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40

Re: Oxen...

Post by gateman » 08 Nov 2021, 18:11

a large part of our fan base is the older supporters they do not buy the silk flashy colours ignoring these is a big mistake the club should cater for the full age range i won £10 voucher came out with a door mat

User avatar
alftupper
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 3723
Joined: 18 Aug 2006, 10:41

Re: Oxen...

Post by alftupper » 08 Nov 2021, 18:53

How many of the overweight wrecks you see wearing this stuff need technical moisture wicking apparel?
They squeeze themselves into it once a week to stand on the terraces eating greasy burgers and swilling low quality lager.

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 108
Joined: 15 Jul 2006, 16:54

Re: Oxen...

Post by pat » 08 Nov 2021, 19:04

I am over weight but I do not stand at the match on the bier and burgers if I see a nice polo shirt in the club shop I will buy one to help the club out if I don’t like the materials I will not

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4085
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40

Re: Oxen...

Post by gateman » 08 Nov 2021, 19:19

pat wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 19:04 I am over weight but I do not stand at the match on the bier and burgers if I see a nice polo shirt in the club shop I will buy one to help the club out if I don’t like the materials I will not
i am not over weight but i am with you mate been in the club shop loads of times nothing at all for me to buy except a baseball hat

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1149
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 17:59

Re: Oxen...

Post by FIat Capper » 09 Nov 2021, 13:17

alftupper wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 18:53 How many of the overweight wrecks you see wearing this stuff need technical moisture wicking apparel?
They squeeze themselves into it once a week to stand on the terraces eating greasy burgers and swilling low quality lager.
But at least they're happy...

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 566
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:31

Re: Oxen...

Post by SREGITSAC » 10 Nov 2021, 14:34

gateman wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 18:11 a large part of our fan base is the older supporters they do not buy the silk flashy colours ignoring these is a big mistake the club should cater for the full age range i won £10 voucher came out with a door mat
As stated in my previous post, the club have leisurewear in store, they are not silky and are certainly not flashy colours. Hopefully there will be something there to appeal to you.

This is precisely the feedback provided to the club and they have already acted on it, I’m hopeful there will be more to come.

Post Reply