Scrums to return for 2022

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
Post Reply
User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19830
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

Scrums to return for 2022

Post by old cas lass » 13 Oct 2021, 13:06

I’ll try and find a link.
It’s on the Yorkshire post Facebook account.

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19830
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

Re: Scrums to return for 2022

Post by old cas lass » 13 Oct 2021, 13:07

old cas lass wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 13:06 I’ll try and find a link.
It’s on the Yorkshire post Facebook account.
SCRUMS will return to rugby league in 2022 - and injured players must leave the field of play for treatment in order to reduce the scope for gamesmanship.
They are two of the three changes to the laws that the RFL Board has approved for next season which were recommended by last month's meeting of the Laws Committee.

User avatar
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner
Posts: 19830
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 14:29

Re: Scrums to return for 2022

Post by old cas lass » 13 Oct 2021, 13:08

old cas lass wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 13:07
old cas lass wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 13:06 I’ll try and find a link.
It’s on the Yorkshire post Facebook account.
SCRUMS will return to rugby league in 2022 - and injured players must leave the field of play for treatment in order to reduce the scope for gamesmanship.
They are two of the three changes to the laws that the RFL Board has approved for next season which were recommended by last month's meeting of the Laws Committee.
The other is the reversion of the ball steal rule to the 2020 position - where a ball can only be stripped from the attacking player in a one-on-one tackle.

User avatar
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 6109
Joined: 24 May 2007, 15:06
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Scrums to return for 2022

Post by mart0042 » 13 Oct 2021, 13:08

I like it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 11850
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: Scrums to return for 2022

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Oct 2021, 13:23

Defiantly agree with a injured player having to leave the field it's got to every time there's a drop out there's a defending player down with the trainer
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2146
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 00:40

Re: Scrums to return for 2022

Post by derbystiger » 13 Oct 2021, 14:09

Sounds good to me. Happy with this

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1161
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 17:59

Re: Scrums to return for 2022

Post by FIat Capper » 13 Oct 2021, 14:30

It's the HIA's that are the tricky ones as you shouldn't really be asking someone to move if they're a little dizzy following a head shot. This means those that like to 'bend' the rules can make it look like a HIA is needed to be given the all clear one teir team mates are ready.

User avatar
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 6109
Joined: 24 May 2007, 15:06
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Scrums to return for 2022

Post by mart0042 » 14 Oct 2021, 09:58

FIat Capper wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 14:30 It's the HIA's that are the tricky ones as you shouldn't really be asking someone to move if they're a little dizzy following a head shot. This means those that like to 'bend' the rules can make it look like a HIA is needed to be given the all clear one teir team mates are ready.
If they are staying down into they are checked for HIA then they should automatically go of once it's safe to do so.

Cas weren't the only team to use the 2 minutes on field check before resuming. LMS falls to the ground when they have to drop out every time.

I'd also like to see the end of on field coaching, both Henderson at wire and O'Laughlin at the pie eaters spent a long time marshalling the defence lines recently against us.

Post Reply