2022 Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4190
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by gateman » 29 Nov 2021, 12:15

Radford must be still on the lookout its reported Phoenix Lavala-Tonaga as turned us down to go to HKR

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10192
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by Fumper27 » 29 Nov 2021, 13:11

gateman wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 12:15 Radford must be still on the lookout its reported Phoenix Lavala-Tonaga as turned us down to go to HKR
Look at who it was reported by though??

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5466
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Nov 2021, 15:42

Fumper27 wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 13:11
gateman wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 12:15 Radford must be still on the lookout its reported Phoenix Lavala-Tonaga as turned us down to go to HKR
Look at who it was reported by though??
And didn’t he first report it a few weeks back?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10192
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by Fumper27 » 29 Nov 2021, 15:52

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 15:42
Fumper27 wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 13:11
gateman wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 12:15 Radford must be still on the lookout its reported Phoenix Lavala-Tonaga as turned us down to go to HKR
Look at who it was reported by though??
And didn’t he first report it a few weeks back?
Not sure TT. I’ve not seen any other report on what PLT has allegedly said about choosing between Cas and Hull KR. You’d of thought at least one other press outlet would’ve ran a snippet of this alleged version of events.

Very unprofessional, in my opinion, to discuss who he could and couldn’t of joined. Cas are hardly going to waste time denying what he has said.

Also, not sure why we would want him when we have Evalds and O’Brien both contracted, as well as Qareqare waiting for his chance.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5466
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Nov 2021, 16:20

I agree but I don’t think it’s a new story. Could be wrong as he’s always putting out this sort of stuff

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 528
Joined: 22 Aug 2017, 21:10

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by LeagueLeaders » 01 Dec 2021, 02:18

gateman wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 12:15 Radford must be still on the lookout its reported Phoenix Lavala-Tonaga as turned us down to go to HKR
They reckon here we've signed another player that's not announced.. but I wouldn't get my hopes up over an unrecognised guy training with the team 😂

https://www-seriousaboutrl-com.cdn.ampp ... t-46055%2F

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10192
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by Fumper27 » 01 Dec 2021, 07:06

LeagueLeaders wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 02:18
gateman wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 12:15 Radford must be still on the lookout its reported Phoenix Lavala-Tonaga as turned us down to go to HKR
They reckon here we've signed another player that's not announced.. but I wouldn't get my hopes up over an unrecognised guy training with the team 😂

https://www-seriousaboutrl-com.cdn.ampp ... t-46055%2F
He’s a lad from the academy according to some.

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 143
Joined: 15 Jul 2006, 16:54

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by pat » 01 Dec 2021, 11:29

Its feki he’s grown a beard

Mucky1978
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1873
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by Mucky1978 » 01 Dec 2021, 12:00

pat wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 11:29 Its feki he’s grown a beard
Heard Feki as a job as Santa in ridings for Christmas.

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4190
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by gateman » 01 Dec 2021, 13:49

Mucky1978 wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 12:00
pat wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 11:29 Its feki he’s grown a beard
Heard Feki as a job as Santa in ridings for Christmas.
and there is me thinking we had signed him to play on the wing for us

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1382
Joined: 17 Jul 2018, 21:14

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by Swagger » 01 Dec 2021, 16:53

Off topic. Didnt wanna start a new thread.

Anyone know when the memberships are ready for collection? Bought one for my dad for Christmas.

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4190
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by gateman » 01 Dec 2021, 17:01

Swagger wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 16:53 Off topic. Didnt wanna start a new thread.

Anyone know when the memberships are ready for collection? Bought one for my dad for Christmas.
they told me early DEC

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4190
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by gateman » 14 Dec 2021, 17:37

Lewis Peachey out on season long loan to Newcastle option for return if needed

User avatar
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10609
Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 23:25
Location: bridlington

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by lurcher » 15 Dec 2021, 13:04

gateman wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 17:37 Lewis Peachey out on season long loan to Newcastle option for return if needed
strange when we are running a reserve team.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

User avatar
Stoke Bloke
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1562
Joined: 05 Jul 2006, 21:23
Location: Erm......Stoke surprisingly. Thats the rough bit between Manchester and Birmingham.

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by Stoke Bloke » 15 Dec 2021, 16:00

Maybe, but surely he gets more exposure and experience at Newcastle than he does with reserve grade rugby.

Its the same in football, if you have a potential talent do you keep playing him at academy level or send him out to a lower league club for real experience.

Having a recall option is wise and I think this benefits both player and also long term, the club.
BE LOYAL BE LOUD BE CAS.

John 3:16

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 85
Joined: 26 Jul 2019, 23:41

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by Let’s talk sense » 15 Dec 2021, 20:21

Stoke Bloke wrote: 15 Dec 2021, 16:00 Maybe, but surely he gets more exposure and experience at Newcastle than he does with reserve grade rugby.

Its the same in football, if you have a potential talent do you keep playing him at academy level or send him out to a lower league club for real experience.

Having a recall option is wise and I think this benefits both player and also long term, the club.
Agreed. Lewis and players like him just become a victim of surrounding circumstance at their parent club. He has quite simply been presented with ten minute first team cameos since making his debut in France a couple of years ago. How is he realistically supposed to develop. Training with the first team gets you so far but the only real way to learn is out on the paddock getting amongst it all. Just my opinion but previously I do not feel that the club have been proactive enough in allowing/securing loan moves for players in Lewis category. Other clubs are on top of it such as Leeds etc. This may change under the new coaching regime and it sure needs to. It’s time for Lewis to get out there and get some hairs on his chest!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 12047
Joined: 23 Jun 2014, 12:07

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Dec 2021, 09:44

I thought that was the whole idea of having a strong reserve grade so players like Lewis can get game time and have a meaningfull competion I don't see the point of bringing it back if clubs are going to send players out on loan
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 4190
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 12:40

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by gateman » 16 Dec 2021, 10:35

going back to the 60/70S when we had good crowds watching our 2nd string if your lst team hooker got injured you knew the 2nd team hooker would be playing the week after that is what i thought having a 2nd team was all about

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player
Posts: 10192
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Dec 2021, 10:42

Difference being that the reserve grade nowadays is just a glorified age grace with a few older players allowed to play to return to match fitness. Back in the day, anyone could play for the 2nd team.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 884
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 10:44

Re: 2022 Squad

Post by westerbeast73 » 09 Jan 2022, 15:52

Anyone know when the squad numbers are being revealed ?

Post Reply