Stating the Obvious.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Six again
Academy Player
Academy Player

Stating the Obvious.

Post by Six again » 10 Oct 2021, 12:23

As the title suggests maybe that’s all I’m doing but I seriously can’t remember a season coming up where I’ve been as excited / intrigued as the one ahead.

Let’s be fair 2017 we’d signed Zak, a good player with off some off field issues that would of considered to be a good signing, with that can honestly say I never expected us to go on and have the season that we had.

Zak is the only real signing for me who has been a genuine big signing in the last 10 years at the time of getting the signature.

This year we have signed players who for me slot straight in the first team, maybe that was how it had to be as we are losing many but for me we are improving all over the park.

It’s October the grand final was yesterday but I can honestly say I’m so excited for the season a head more than any other I can remember, Radford seems to be signing proven players who’s stood out at times in there career, not players who he wants to improve (aka Powell)

It’s gonna be a long 5 months buy roll on next season!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Stating the Obvious.

Post by alftupper » 10 Oct 2021, 12:48

Six again wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 12:23 As the title suggests maybe that’s all I’m doing but I seriously can’t remember a season coming up where I’ve been as excited / intrigued as the one ahead.
I think somebody posts something similar every year

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 10 Oct 2021, 12:53

Six again wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 12:23 As the title suggests maybe that’s all I’m doing but I seriously can’t remember a season coming up where I’ve been as excited / intrigued as the one ahead.

Let’s be fair 2017 we’d signed Zak, a good player with off some off field issues that would of considered to be a good signing, with that can honestly say I never expected us to go on and have the season that we had.

Zak is the only real signing for me who has been a genuine big signing in the last 10 years at the time of getting the signature.

This year we have signed players who for me slot straight in the first team, maybe that was how it had to be as we are losing many but for me we are improving all over the park.

It’s October the grand final was yesterday but I can honestly say I’m so excited for the season a head more than any other I can remember, Radford seems to be signing proven players who’s stood out at times in there career, not players who he wants to improve (aka Powell)

It’s gonna be a long 5 months buy roll on next season!
I’ll try and make it a shorter wait for you. It’s only 4 months to the 10th Feb !

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Oct 2021, 12:57

The half back positions concern me ...let's hope Trueman comes back better than ever after his injurys
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Oct 2021, 12:59

I’m quietly optimistic.
My main doubt is, we have lots of new player who won’t just walk in and gel.
IMO I think it’ll take more than half a season or maybe more to get all of them singing off the same sheet.
Yes on paper the squad looks good, but I’m not feeling all my Christmas have come at once.
There gonna be a gelling period, I’m looking at maybe making the top 6. Anything else in year one will be a bonus.
I still think we need a half and another prop.
So we’ll see what the rest of the off season brings.

Six again
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Six again » 10 Oct 2021, 13:48

alftupper wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 12:48
I think somebody posts something similar every year
Every year we don’t make 6/7 signings that slot into starting positions, it’s new it’s fresh it’s exciting, I’m not suggesting we’re gonna win the league but I just feel like over the back end of the Powell era things were predictable, change is good. (Big Powell fan btw).

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 10 Oct 2021, 14:08

tigerfeat wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 12:57 The half back positions concern me ...let's hope Trueman comes back better than ever after his injurys
Half backs concerns me too,but rest of squad looks impressive

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 10 Oct 2021, 15:05

tigerfeat wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 12:57 The half back positions concern me ...let's hope Trueman comes back better than ever after his injurys
Massive question marks for.
Plus Millo replacement.
If they fix that then it looks very promising.

Ponte Pigeon

Post by Ponte Pigeon » 10 Oct 2021, 15:08

Saints obviously set the benchmark for all other teams. To close the gap we need to recruit better than they have, a difficult task when you’re competing in a market with Warrington etc.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 10 Oct 2021, 15:22

Yes it is going to be a very intriguing season with the signings coming thick and fast, however just a word of warning on high expectations as let us not forget Radders had a very decent squad to coach at Hull and they were getting their arses regularly kicked and where he was subject to a very "unceremonious" dismissal.

So, in effect, their is a potential risk of an under performing team once again as Radders has not yet proved to be a very competent coach so far !!!

However, Radders has much to prove in being a competent coach to all within RL and, more importantly, to himself and that is where, in being cautiously optimistic, I am getting my belief system from in Cas coming up with a great season.

So, let's get behind the new coach and the lads to give them the very best support we can to bolster our chances of success as I, for one, am very excited also for the coming season. COYF !!

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 10 Oct 2021, 16:37

I am struggling to get excited to be honest. The game as a whole is on its arse.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 10 Oct 2021, 17:46

Exiled wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 16:37 I am struggling to get excited to be honest. The game as a whole is on its arse.
this

it will be more of the same old same old with Saints winning the Sky Cup at OT a year from now

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 10 Oct 2021, 18:33

CasRus wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 15:22 Yes it is going to be a very intriguing season with the signings coming thick and fast, however just a word of warning on high expectations as let us not forget Radders had a very decent squad to coach at Hull and they were getting their arses regularly kicked and where he was subject to a very "unceremonious" dismissal.

So, in effect, their is a potential risk of an under performing team once again as Radders has not yet proved to be a very competent coach so far !!!

However, Radders has much to prove in being a competent coach to all within RL and, more importantly, to himself and that is where, in being cautiously optimistic, I am getting my belief system from in Cas coming up with a great season.

So, let's get behind the new coach and the lads to give them the very best support we can to bolster our chances of success as I, for one, am very excited also for the coming season. COYF !!
In terms of ‘not being a very competent coach’ what does a competent coach look like?
Powell was accused of being a ‘serial bottler’ because his teams never won knock out finals , so now we’ve got a coach who led Hull to two cup wins and he’s not competent!
Sorry, don’t get it.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Oct 2021, 23:36

Dennis Vazquez wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 15:05
Plus Millo replacement.
i know what you mean mate and millo would take some replacing i think dan smith will step up to the plate.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Oct 2021, 23:41

i think the same

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 11 Oct 2021, 18:58

lurcher wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 23:36
Plus Millo replacement.
i know what you mean mate and millo would take some replacing i think dan smith will step up to the plate.
Yeah man I like what we have when fit in Watts, Smith, Matagi but we need another good prop.
Massey plays his part but him and Griffin are not traditional front rowers.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 11 Oct 2021, 20:35

We need a quality halfback. We will struggle to break teams down without one.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 12 Oct 2021, 12:29

Now that the squad is shaping up nicely and memberships and passes are flying out, I'm just hoping we get it right with the new kits and merchandise and really stamp the 'new era' theme with something other than the usual we turn out year in year out.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 12 Oct 2021, 12:58

Plus Millo replacement.

Lets just hope he comes back at all...

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 Oct 2021, 13:20

heritage1926 wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 12:29 Now that the squad is shaping up nicely and memberships and passes are flying out, I'm just hoping we get it right with the new kits and merchandise and really stamp the 'new era' theme with something other than the usual we turn out year in year out.
Apparently, I’ve heard that to honour the “new era” our 2022 kit is going to be black and white hoops, with the words to “Old Faithful” printed front and back…..😳😳😳