New stadium

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New stadium

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 18 Jan 2022, 21:09

tigerfeat wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 20:23 They have spent millions and millions all ready to get to this point are you saying they will be happy to wait another five years or so playing a let's see who blinks first kind of game
Land doesn’t tend to depreciate in value. If they can’t get a deal, they’ll happily wait.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jan 2022, 21:17

Of course but it's in there own interests to do a deal I can't find the piece now but the guy who was representing them said as much in a statement he made November time I think it was ...I don't see there is a reason to think he was talking bull but who knows I guess we will find out shortly
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

BloodMoonRising22UK
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BloodMoonRising22UK » 18 Jan 2022, 21:32

tigerfeat wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 21:17 Of course but it's in there own interests to do a deal I can't find the piece now but the guy who was representing them said as much in a statement he made November time I think it was ...I don't see there is a reason to think he was talking bull but who knows I guess we will find out shortly
Sorry, maybe I was too loose with my phrasing.

“A deal which works out for them economically” may have been a better way to make my point.
As I, and others, have said. Once both parties make it known they want to come back to the table, the old deal has very little weight in how things may unfold. Might not be what some want to hear but I’d rather live in the real world. This will take years.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Jan 2022, 22:23

Probably, but as I’ve said before these developments always depend on getting all the ducks lined up. That can take a long time, it can never happen, or an investor appears out of the blue and it comes together very quickly. That’s the real world too.

Dunkirk Spirit
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dunkirk Spirit » 18 Jan 2022, 22:29

mart0042 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 14:15
Year of the Tiger wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 12:02
mart0042 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:20
Casmania wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 21:21
BloodMoonRising22UK wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 19:40

It’s highly likely that the entire concept of the development will entirely change. Warehousing & distribution or housing would be my guesses. Both would generate enough capital to offset the investment made to us through the 106, but both could take years to come back to the planning committee.

Absolutely! However, I would imagine any future 106 agreement will be diluted somewhat.
One of the main reasons the proposed development has floundered is due to very onerous conditions of the current 106 agreement.
WMDC are desperate for some sort of development to go ahead. They will be mindful of that fact in ensuring it does go ahead.
Fully agree that they will want to dilute the s106 but for us to lessen its worth it takes agreement.

People seem to think we'll roll over but we are owned by the Fultons who have some coin and business acumen. It's pretty simple " you owe one 10k new stadium, give us a deal that works for us and we'll negotiate".

The council have shown they won't give planning without a suitable outcome because it's happened at wakey. Also they don't want to build us a stadium for nothing.
I think you will find the Fultons business was built up from scratch by Jack and Bridie Fulton. The business was sold off and Ian and Jan Fulton are living off the proceeds. They had no input into the business.
In addition, it's nothing to do with us. It's between the developers and council. The council will look at what such a development will bring to the area, they can only go so far as not to jeopardise any deal.

Planning consent changes mean they are easier to obtain now, especially for the larger scale developments.
Developers are now in a position to challenge conditions imposed by the local council.
The council want a development to go ahead. They will do what's needed to get that.
I don't know who does what or where with the Fultons but they aren't living in a 2 bed terrace in Harehills. They say Jack was an excellent businessman, I don't know but I couldn't give you the name or details of Richard Branson or Elon musk's parents or their children, but it doesn't mean they have no business acumen. Also Richard Branson and Elon musk don't make all the decisions for their businesses. It's takes a team.

Planning consent may be easier to get but green belt is green belt and a s1l06 is a legal agreement not "if we can be bothered clause".

The council will want us to have a new stadium at no cost to them and still get the site planning to bring in jobs and revenue in taxes. Why would they want anything else?
It would appear from the latest letter from the Secretary of State to the Trinity ground developers, the local council have more power in building applications.

The Government is committed to give more power to councils and communities to make their own decisions on planning issues and believes planning decisions should be made at the local level wherever possible.
In deciding whether to call in this application, the Secretary of State has considered his policy on calling in planning applications. This policy gives examples of the types of issues which may lead him to conclude, in his opinion that the application should be called in. The Secretary of State has decided not to call in this application. He is content that it should be determined by the local planning authority.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 02 Feb 2022, 09:13

once again we live in hope, please let it happen this time?

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 02 Feb 2022, 10:14

I get the reasoning behind a 4G pitch as the stadium can be used year round however our pitch has always been one of the best in SL. Giving that up for a plastic alternative is a bit off putting.

I hope it does come about as something needs to happen. We've been banging on about a new stadium for so long now to the point where I'm sure we're just a joke to other clubs when it's brought up.

By the sounds of it the focus is basically what Salford have, a big fancy main stand and the other stands will just get some minor updates. While important as it holds hospitality and improved facilities I also hope the other stands get a proper look in to as that's where the bulk of the supporters are on match days.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 02 Feb 2022, 10:29

All sounds good apart from a 4G pitch - as Matt has said above, we have a fantastic playing surface and giving it up for plastic wouldn’t be my choice. If there’s money to use for a 4G pitch then use it for the training ground area.

Blackbulltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Blackbulltiger » 02 Feb 2022, 10:37

Here we go again more false hopes :(

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 02 Feb 2022, 11:08

I believe the 4G pitch is the training field area.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Feb 2022, 11:11

Blackbulltiger wrote: 02 Feb 2022, 10:37 Here we go again more false hopes :(
That's the spirit...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 02 Feb 2022, 11:18

I can’t get the page up.
Has it been taken down?

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 02 Feb 2022, 11:33

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 02 Feb 2022, 11:18 I can’t get the page up.
Has it been taken down?
it looks like it has been taken down, :cry:

pat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pat » 02 Feb 2022, 11:47

Can someone say what the link says please has I can not get it on.

Ponte Pigeon

Post by Ponte Pigeon » 02 Feb 2022, 11:52

Even the link has given up hope of a new stadium 😁

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 02 Feb 2022, 12:43

I didn't see the article in time, can someone put a brief resume of the details. Thanks in advance

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 02 Feb 2022, 12:47

derbystiger wrote: 02 Feb 2022, 10:29 All sounds good apart from a 4G pitch - as Matt has said above, we have a fantastic playing surface and giving it up for plastic wouldn’t be my choice. If there’s money to use for a 4G pitch then use it for the training ground area.
Until it rains for more than an hour! A 4G pitch offers year round use for training & rental.
So as much as I share your preference of a grass pitch, the club has to make income generating decisions & anything that pushes us towards being self sufficient has to be a priority for me.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 02 Feb 2022, 12:59

The 4G pitch is for training on.main field will remain grass

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 02 Feb 2022, 13:00

Last edited by Scoopage on 02 Feb 2022, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.