Callum Walker - Cas ground

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Callum Walker - Cas ground

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 03 Oct 2021, 15:46

You might be right but can’t see it in the short term.
See my post above

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 03 Oct 2021, 15:49

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 15:46 You might be right but can’t see it in the short term.
See my post above
i get what your saying but cas dont always get treated like the rest of the teams in super league?

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 03 Oct 2021, 16:16

We only need a couple of Plumbers. Or Bob the builder.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Oct 2021, 16:20

Piquad1 wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 16:16 We only need a couple of Plumbers. Or Bob the builder.
I’m sure there’s plumbers out there that would do a job for the club.
Sadly the club don’t want to know.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 03 Oct 2021, 16:33

when Daryl Powel gave his last interview from our ground for "look north" it showed him walking through one of the turnstiles, with one of the camera shots taken at ground level & the turnstile mechanism was plastered in years & years of old paint, what a dreadful scene for anyone to get an impression of the ground, the bbc could have shown any number of angles to this interview, but no, they had to show probably one of the worst parts of the ground! so we also need shot blasters & painters?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Oct 2021, 16:59

yorky wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 16:33 when Daryl Powel gave his last interview from our ground for "look north" it showed him walking through one of the turnstiles, with one of the camera shots taken at ground level & the turnstile mechanism was plastered in years & years of old paint, what a dreadful scene for anyone to get an impression of the ground, the bbc could have shown any number of angles to this interview, but no, they had to show probably one of the worst parts of the ground! so we also need shot blasters & painters?
Same with the seating and steps in the main stand.
A couple of licks of paint would make it look more respectable.
Can’t for life of me understand why they won’t allow fans to help out.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 03 Oct 2021, 17:31

Keltbray, the company that put the cover on main stand, why if not done already, approach them for a good clean up. They employ a vast number of people with different skills. Steel erectors and painters being a couple of trades by their company. I maybe clutching at straws, but they are willing to display their name, surely a multi million pounds company would generate a lot of publicity doing our ground up to a standard worthy of super league. They have portaloos on all their jobs nation wide, surely they can help out, but if not asked, nothing will happen.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Oct 2021, 18:07

Its been muted on here loads of times why not get the fans involved for some reason the powers that be do not want it, i am sure there are fans out there that would put there hands up to do odd jobs if its only a general clean up or painting, our neighbours both Feath and Wakefield have such groups

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 03 Oct 2021, 21:25

its ok saying get the fans involved but things have changed since the old days when volunteers cleared the pitch of snow. health and safety takes priority now whether we like it or not and there would almost certainly be insurance issues.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Oct 2021, 23:21

lurcher wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 21:25 its ok saying get the fans involved but things have changed since the old days when volunteers cleared the pitch of snow. health and safety takes priority now whether we like it or not and there would almost certainly be insurance issues.
you might be right mate but health and safety as gone to far let our club ask how Feath and Wakey manage and how our local clubs go on i have lade flags mended fences picked whatever as been left after a match if we stick to bad rules nothing gets done

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 04 Oct 2021, 08:43

I can't see a lot to argue about on the article, it is personal and it does feel like one of the family being criticised.

Ah well, filled 20 minutes reading through and reflecting. The H&S comment is the root cause in reality. Volunteers working to a public H&S standard and insurance and building regs sign-off. Difficult to achieve.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 04 Oct 2021, 10:53

If the issue is Health and Safety which should of course be a priority.
The club first needs to acknowledge that this is the issue.
Thank people for the offers of help and look into a viable solution.
That way they keep us on side and informed.
The may also find the solution including any H and S, or building regulations is far preferable to the loss of income from people not attending or the potential H and S issues by ignoring the obvious.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Oct 2021, 11:00

No reason there couldn't be a spruce up of the ground fresh painting and so on we will see if that happens before the kick off next year
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 04 Oct 2021, 11:18

lurcher wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 23:50
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 20:40 I keep saying, sort the toilet blocks out and get the atmosphere back by winning games and a lot of the pressure will be off.
at one of the meet the directors evenings i've attended it was said that all the toilets (among other things) have to pass an inspection before the gates are open. don't shoot the messenger but they said they seem to be regularly vandalised once the crowd start coming in.
I'm not entirely sure I understand what the 'directors' are saying there?

I do accept that they have to pass an inspection beforehand but what are the standards that have to be met?

Are they saying there's no point upgrading the toilets as they are regularly vandalised so not worth upgrading? Perhaps the starting point of poor facilities encourages others not to respect them?

end of the day, they need improving and it shouldn't even be open to discussion. Just get on with it Cas and stop looking for excuses.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 04 Oct 2021, 11:53

mdean wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 08:43 I can't see a lot to argue about on the article, it is personal and it does feel like one of the family being criticised.

Ah well, filled 20 minutes reading through and reflecting. The H&S comment is the root cause in reality. Volunteers working to a public H&S standard and insurance and building regs sign-off. Difficult to achieve.
It depends on who the volunteers are and what they are prepared to offer e.g. do the work as sponsorship

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 05 Oct 2021, 10:25

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 11:53
mdean wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 08:43 I can't see a lot to argue about on the article, it is personal and it does feel like one of the family being criticised.

It depends on who the volunteers are and what they are prepared to offer e.g. do the work as sponsorship
I like the idea of offering works needing doing as sponsorship, especially as they can do the job for cost and help the club.

Looking at the sponsors, we have a steel erector, window people, building contractors....... And they are the ones off the top of my head. That sounds like a new stand to me. In fact a new ground or rebuild. They main problem has always been where to play in a rebuild scenario. The covid Saga with no fans was a great opportunity. But we would have had to think ahead and gotten a bit lucky.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 05 Oct 2021, 11:09

That's always been the problem thinking ahead.

Ponte Pigeon

Post by Ponte Pigeon » 05 Oct 2021, 12:16

The facilities are nothing short of embarrassing. In Covid times I’m surprised the club have not brought in portaloos as a temporary fix. In the time Cas have been just letting the stadium rot Featherstone have basically built a new stadium.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 05 Oct 2021, 12:25

Ponte Pigeon wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 12:16 The facilities are nothing short of embarrassing. In Covid times I’m surprised the club have not brought in portaloos as a temporary fix. In the time Cas have been just letting the stadium rot Featherstone have basically built a new stadium.
very true, but as long as we have the possibility of a "FREE" new ground hanging over our heads i feel our current ground wont get anything but the minimum done to it, but as i have mentioned how low do the standards have to slip before something has to happen???

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 05 Oct 2021, 12:27

yorky wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 12:25
Ponte Pigeon wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 12:16 The facilities are nothing short of embarrassing. In Covid times I’m surprised the club have not brought in portaloos as a temporary fix. In the time Cas have been just letting the stadium rot Featherstone have basically built a new stadium.
very true, but as long as we have the possibility of a "FREE" new ground hanging over our heads i feel our current ground wont get anything but the minimum done to it, but as i have mentioned how low do the standards have to slip before something has to happen???
Free new ground……don’t bank on it.