[Confirmed] Fonua

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 517
Joined: 22 Aug 2017, 21:10

Re: Fonua

Post by LeagueLeaders » 08 Oct 2021, 13:22

Not sure about this one for me but Radders has worked with him before so probably sees a lot that we don't

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2691
Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 15:27

Re: Fonua

Post by heritage1926 » 08 Oct 2021, 13:23

Taken from Matthew Shaw on Twitter
Got to hand it to Castleford. Have again come in and landed a player while paying just a fraction of their wage. Did the same with Turner and Matagi last year. Fonua will be one of the lower earners on their cap, while he was one of the top earners at Hull FC.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 517
Joined: 22 Aug 2017, 21:10

Re: Fonua

Post by LeagueLeaders » 08 Oct 2021, 13:27

heritage1926 wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 13:23 Taken from Matthew Shaw on Twitter
Got to hand it to Castleford. Have again come in and landed a player while paying just a fraction of their wage. Did the same with Turner and Matagi last year. Fonua will be one of the lower earners on their cap, while he was one of the top earners at Hull FC.
May be a good bit of business then if true but is anyone else worried what this could mean is unsaid? Because I really didn't expect us to be signing another winger. Maybe Feki back to Aus or Eden not staying?

Mucky1978
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1852
Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 21:07

Re: Fonua

Post by Mucky1978 » 08 Oct 2021, 13:28

Didn't Think he was 28
Looks like Feki will be off and would rather have Fonua then Olpherts on the wing.
a back line of Evalds Farimo Mamo Turner and Fonua as some power.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 857
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 10:44

Re: Fonua

Post by westerbeast73 » 08 Oct 2021, 13:39

I'd play him in the centre position if theres no room on the wing.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 916
Joined: 26 Jul 2011, 18:25
Twitter: no

Re: Fonua

Post by Tigerwood posse » 08 Oct 2021, 13:39


User avatar
Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Apr 2018, 08:21

Re: Fonua

Post by Nobody » 08 Oct 2021, 13:41

🐯 COYF!

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1149
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 17:59

Re: Fonua

Post by FIat Capper » 08 Oct 2021, 13:49

It's not wingers we need. Get some fat lads signed up...

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 517
Joined: 22 Aug 2017, 21:10

Re: Fonua

Post by LeagueLeaders » 08 Oct 2021, 13:55

FIat Capper wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 13:49 It's not wingers we need. Get some fat lads signed up...
If it's true we've got him on low wages and are releasing Feki then this move could even save us cap space tbf. Personally I want a half back tho. It's a shame we've been talking to all these Hull FC players and aren't bringing Sneyd back

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2691
Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 15:27

Re: Fonua

Post by heritage1926 » 08 Oct 2021, 14:31

A Leeds mate of mine as just told me Greg to them for next season.....

Wildie
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 55
Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 09:45

Re: Fonua

Post by Wildie » 08 Oct 2021, 15:35

LeagueLeaders wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 13:55
FIat Capper wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 13:49 It's not wingers we need. Get some fat lads signed up...
If it's true we've got him on low wages and are releasing Feki then this move could even save us cap space tbf. Personally I want a half back tho. It's a shame we've been talking to all these Hull FC players and aren't bringing Sneyd back
You can have him as well if you want him!

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2040
Joined: 05 Sep 2012, 15:24
Location: In your face.

Re: Fonua

Post by The Firm » 08 Oct 2021, 15:46

Word on the street is that Bowden will be following him. Radford getting the band back together.

Fumper27
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 9962
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 08:10

Re: Fonua

Post by Fumper27 » 08 Oct 2021, 15:51

The Firm wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 15:46 Word on the street is that Bowden will be following him. Radford getting the band back together.
What street is that? Another poster said Bowden was linked with Cas but I couldn’t find that street despite hours of walking round?

Wildie
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 55
Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 09:45

Re: Fonua

Post by Wildie » 08 Oct 2021, 16:31

Fumper27 wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 15:51
The Firm wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 15:46 Word on the street is that Bowden will be following him. Radford getting the band back together.
What street is that? Another poster said Bowden was linked with Cas but I couldn’t find that street despite hours of walking round?
Never heard of Bowden Street? Basically you walk down it for 5 metres and then fall on the floor, and over an 80 minute spell, you will do that about 5 times

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 1149
Joined: 05 Jan 2021, 17:59

Re: Fonua

Post by FIat Capper » 08 Oct 2021, 16:44

heritage1926 wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 14:31 A Leeds mate of mine as just told me Greg to them for next season.....
Firstly, I'd love to see Eden stay but equally, I don't want Radders building another Hull team at Cas. He ended up having to leave his Hull players because he'd run the distance with them so no good starting that old car again.

I want him to have a positive impact on his new players...

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 517
Joined: 22 Aug 2017, 21:10

Re: Fonua

Post by LeagueLeaders » 08 Oct 2021, 16:59

FIat Capper wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 16:44
heritage1926 wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 14:31 A Leeds mate of mine as just told me Greg to them for next season.....
Firstly, I'd love to see Eden stay but equally, I don't want Radders building another Hull team at Cas. He ended up having to leave his Hull players because he'd run the distance with them so no good starting that old car again.

I want him to have a positive impact on his new players...
Tbf he's also signed Sutcliffe and Lawler who I wouldn't say are FC style players, and with Evalds at the back and Mamo at centre we have a bit of pace which FC often sacrificed for size

KnockerNorton
New member
Posts: 8
Joined: 29 Mar 2021, 15:31

Re: Fonua

Post by KnockerNorton » 09 Oct 2021, 08:41

If this move reignites Mahe, then you have signed a player that has the X factor , no doubt. I think something behind the scenes may have been the reason for his poor form, he is, when on it, a player that can produce things no one else can in SL..
I wish him well, for the memories we have of him at Wembley and, for the money he is said to be earning, Cas have done a good bit of business there. Good luck Mahe, just not against us, save it for Leeds please.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 657
Joined: 31 Mar 2011, 12:13

Re: Fonua

Post by orrsome » 09 Oct 2021, 09:05

LeagueLeaders wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 16:59
FIat Capper wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 16:44
heritage1926 wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 14:31 A Leeds mate of mine as just told me Greg to them for next season.....
Firstly, I'd love to see Eden stay but equally, I don't want Radders building another Hull team at Cas. He ended up having to leave his Hull players because he'd run the distance with them so no good starting that old car again.

I want him to have a positive impact on his new players...
Tbf he's also signed Sutcliffe and Lawler who I wouldn't say are FC style players, and with Evalds at the back and Mamo at centre we have a bit of pace which FC often sacrificed for size
If he plays on the wing we could well have the situation that our wingers are slower than our centres!
Faraimo isn’t particularly rapid and neither in Fonua.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player
Posts: 5425
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 16:29

Re: Fonua

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 09 Oct 2021, 09:29

orrsome wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 09:05
LeagueLeaders wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 16:59
FIat Capper wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 16:44
heritage1926 wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 14:31 A Leeds mate of mine as just told me Greg to them for next season.....
Firstly, I'd love to see Eden stay but equally, I don't want Radders building another Hull team at Cas. He ended up having to leave his Hull players because he'd run the distance with them so no good starting that old car again.

I want him to have a positive impact on his new players...
Tbf he's also signed Sutcliffe and Lawler who I wouldn't say are FC style players, and with Evalds at the back and Mamo at centre we have a bit of pace which FC often sacrificed for size
If he plays on the wing we could well have the situation that our wingers are slower than our centres!
Faraimo isn’t particularly rapid and neither in Fonua.
Turner and Mamo are both capable of swapping between centre and wing during the course of a game and Fonua too

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player
Posts: 2040
Joined: 05 Sep 2012, 15:24
Location: In your face.

Re: Fonua

Post by The Firm » 09 Oct 2021, 11:08

Fumper27 wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 15:51
The Firm wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 15:46 Word on the street is that Bowden will be following him. Radford getting the band back together.
What street is that? Another poster said Bowden was linked with Cas but I couldn’t find that street despite hours of walking round?
Hopefully i’m lost cos he’s garbage.

Post Reply