Cheyse Blair

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Cheyse Blair

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Sep 2021, 08:01

I remember going to one of them meet the staff events Powell said he was looking for more durability in players ironic we were blighted by injurys during his last three years in charge
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Sep 2021, 10:18

tigerfeat wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 08:01 I remember going to one of them meet the staff events Powell said he was looking for more durability in players ironic we were blighted by injurys during his last three years in charge
Absolutely and IMO that’s the reason why we didn’t reach 2017 heights again, nothing to do with Powell having taken us as far as he could

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 21 Sep 2021, 21:52

His Instagram post would suggest he's staying put.

6 weeks back home to see family, can't wait.
🐯 COYF!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Sep 2021, 22:16

great for the lad to go back home to see his family i hope he sees what he as been missing

Pricey2000
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Pricey2000 » 23 Sep 2021, 15:57

betts21 wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 20:58 Lazy half hearted and no winning mentality is how I would say for the big cheese he could be a force but he just hasn’t got it in him imo for what ever reason can radford change that who knows. I can’t imagine life’s all fun for him though missing out on his wife and kids for months at a time has to be tough. For him to sit and collect a wage and be a bit part player I suppose it seems the contract he’s on must have some good monetary value to it. Shame it just hasn’t worked so far.
I disagree with you on this look at the games he's started second row different class there if he regains the form he had before the first lockdown then we'll be in for a treat if him and edwards work well together he isn't lazy at all hes brilliant in defence to back my point up i'll use the wire playoff game a couple of years ago he won us that game with his outstanding defence solid player and his heart is in cas and it has worked it showed against fc that we were missing him

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 23 Sep 2021, 16:11

Pricey2000 wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 15:57
betts21 wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 20:58 Lazy half hearted and no winning mentality is how I would say for the big cheese he could be a force but he just hasn’t got it in him imo for what ever reason can radford change that who knows. I can’t imagine life’s all fun for him though missing out on his wife and kids for months at a time has to be tough. For him to sit and collect a wage and be a bit part player I suppose it seems the contract he’s on must have some good monetary value to it. Shame it just hasn’t worked so far.
I disagree with you on this look at the games he's started second row different class there if he regains the form he had before the first lockdown then we'll be in for a treat if him and edwards work well together he isn't lazy at all hes brilliant in defence to back my point up i'll use the wire playoff game a couple of years ago he won us that game with his outstanding defence solid player and his heart is in cas and it has worked it showed against fc that we were missing him
Not sure what games you been watching but iv not seen anything from Blair that makes me want him in 17, personally i do think he looks lazy and disinterested.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 23 Sep 2021, 18:14

Nobody wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 21:52 His Instagram post would suggest he's staying put.

Question is will he get the plane back to Cas ???

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 23 Sep 2021, 18:19

He always looks to me like he’s on work to rule. He does his job, doesn’t do a lot wrong but won’t do any overtime, to use a militant union member analogy! Potentially one of the most talented players in the squad but yet to show it. Dogged by niggling injuries and the fact his wife and kids are half way round the world must be incredibly tough for him. However he’s one of if not the biggest earner we have and we need more from him. If he can rub along well with Radders hopefully next season we will see the proper Cheyse Blair.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 23 Sep 2021, 20:19

westerbeast73 wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 18:14
Nobody wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 21:52 His Instagram post would suggest he's staying put.

Question is will he get the plane back to Cas ???
I'd say no , Leeds Bradford maybe .

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Sep 2021, 07:25

I'd agree with you on his defence it's genarly good ...often looks to me like hed rarther be anywhere else other than on the field playing for Cas
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 Sep 2021, 08:41

tigerfeat wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 07:25
I'd agree with you on his defence it's genarly good ...often looks to me like hed rarther be anywhere else other than on the field playing for Cas
A bit generous saying he's been class in the back row @Pricey2000. He's not had any games where I've thought he's been really bad, although he has coasted through a fair few, he's also not had any where I've thought wow, there's the ex Melbourne centre we signed.

If we could get him off the books and use the quota spot and wages on someone else, then I wouldn't be upset.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 24 Sep 2021, 10:27

tigerfeat wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 07:25
Lacks the enthusiasm and Vocality on the pitch. Just haven't seen a spark from him. Pity he doesn't have Jesse's get up and go. If they were both out of contract at the same time, I know which one I'd keep.

Still, he's a Cas player and I'm hoping he comes back injury free and ready to put a marker down. Radford won't allow anything less and I'm loving that.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 24 Sep 2021, 13:03

one of those aussie imports you look at and wonder how he ever held down a place in a top NRL side.

Hopefully his 6 week trip back home will make the prospect of a bleak pre-season and Christmas away from the family too much to bear and he’ll stay where he is.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Sep 2021, 13:29

He’s to isolate for 2 weeks so will be only getting 4 weeks with the family.
Unless cas have said he can come back to pre season a bit later.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Sep 2021, 15:45

Its a bugger when fans are hoping the lad enjoys is stay back home that much that he decides to stay, i must admit i am one of them

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 24 Sep 2021, 16:24

gateman wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 15:45 Its a bugger when fans are hoping the lad enjoys is stay back home that much that he decides to stay, i must admit i am one of them
me too, ive never seen such a big bloke thats so easy to bring down etc. but ive always wished he would come good :pray:

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 24 Sep 2021, 17:01

yorky wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 16:24
gateman wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 15:45 Its a bugger when fans are hoping the lad enjoys is stay back home that much that he decides to stay, i must admit i am one of them
me too, ive never seen such a big bloke thats so easy to bring down etc. but ive always wished he would come good :pray:
Almost agree, you must have erased the Will Maher years from your memory, sorry for the reminder!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 24 Sep 2021, 17:02

old cas lass wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 13:29 He’s to isolate for 2 weeks
Hope he’s whiling away his isolation time reading this fans forum

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 24 Sep 2021, 17:10

alftupper wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 17:01
yorky wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 16:24
Almost agree, you must have erased the Will Maher years from your memory, sorry for the reminder!
of course Will Maher, what was i thinking of, yet i see KR have given Will another years contract so perhaps im missing something :-"

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Sep 2021, 17:30

alftupper wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 17:02
old cas lass wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 13:29 He’s to isolate for 2 weeks
Hope he’s whiling away his isolation time reading this fans forum
Nah, he’s been provided with a golf set, were he hits balls in to a hole.
He’s crap at it. :D