Cheyse Blair

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Cheyse Blair

Post by Sharlotiger » 06 Oct 2021, 21:04

dettoriman wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 20:07
mart0042 wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 09:58
FIat Capper wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 16:12
jackknife wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 14:55 Did we ever get feki wage off our salary cap for either of the 2 years hes been here? I think he played 20mins this season but didn't play any on his 1st season.
There's probably a loophole in this somewhere where a player's salary can be removed from the cap but as he remains registered with the club, the quota spot remains occupied. You'd like to think the two would be based on the same approach?
I believe the rule is, a player who doesn't play any minutes in the league can have his wages taken off the cap. But he still needs paying and if he played one minute he'd count. I would assume if he isn't going to play you could get another quote player in his place and dual role him with coaching.
We’d have to apply for special dispensation to have him removed from the cap like we did with Luke Gale

However I’m sure if a player is out long term the insurance covers the wages so won’t have cost the club anything, Apart from taking up a squad and quota spot.
Thought many sides didn't insure their players now as the cost was so astronomical and they preferred to pay for medical cover etc as they arose.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Cheyse Blair

Post by mart0042 » 07 Oct 2021, 10:12

Sharlotiger wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 21:04
dettoriman wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 20:07
mart0042 wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 09:58
FIat Capper wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 16:12
jackknife wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 14:55 Did we ever get feki wage off our salary cap for either of the 2 years hes been here? I think he played 20mins this season but didn't play any on his 1st season.
There's probably a loophole in this somewhere where a player's salary can be removed from the cap but as he remains registered with the club, the quota spot remains occupied. You'd like to think the two would be based on the same approach?
I believe the rule is, a player who doesn't play any minutes in the league can have his wages taken off the cap. But he still needs paying and if he played one minute he'd count. I would assume if he isn't going to play you could get another quote player in his place and dual role him with coaching.
We’d have to apply for special dispensation to have him removed from the cap like we did with Luke Gale

However I’m sure if a player is out long term the insurance covers the wages so won’t have cost the club anything, Apart from taking up a squad and quota spot.
Thought many sides didn't insure their players now as the cost was so astronomical and they preferred to pay for medical cover etc as they arose.
Just what I was thinking. Imagine trying to get car insurance when you've written off your last 2 cars in the 2 previous years. I would have thought the cost would be astronomical.

I would have thought we'd have end of career cover for each player, if they don't have that themselves. I have private life insurance with serious illness cover but my employers wouldn't have taken it out for me unless it was in my contract.