Knock out Footy

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Knock out Footy

Post by Swagger » 11 Sep 2021, 21:52

Simple as it comes now....

Next game we lose its over.

Beat Warrington we will travel to Warrington week after. Lose and its the end of Powell and an era which has seen us improve but falter at every final hurdle.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Knock out Footy

Post by old cas lass » 11 Sep 2021, 21:56

Swagger wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 21:52 Simple as it comes now....

Next game we lose its over.

Beat Warrington we will travel to Warrington week after. Lose and its the end of Powell and an era which has seen us improve but falter at every final hurdle.
We are never gonna beat Warrington at their place.
Rather get kicked out next week.
Yes I know am pee’d off with the game as a whole.
I tend to think we are a one man team.
With Macca there tonight I believe we would have won.

Ref’s seem to have something against us for some reason.
Very rarely if ever we get close 50/50 calls.
The game is sickening me off.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 11 Sep 2021, 22:01

We will beat Wire 2 week in a row.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 11 Sep 2021, 23:26

Warrington will probably rest a few ready for the play offs and we'll probabky scrape a win with a few players back.

However, I actually wouldn't be too fussed if we didn't make the play offs. Call me what you want, but I was there tonight, some of the body language at the end of the game really bothered me. I'm ready for this season to be over with if I'm being truthful.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Sep 2021, 01:15

It’s beyond me why people seem so keen for the Powell era to be over. The longest sustained period of success in the club’s nearly 100 year history (arguably with the possible exception of the mid to late 60s when there were lots of minor trophies about), 8 out of the last 9 years in the playoffs, three of the ten major finals in the club’s history along with what was actually its greatest achievement, finishing top of the league by 10 clear points and despite those who would say otherwise, winning one of only 3 major trophies for doing it.
This season isn’t done. We’ve beaten Wire twice already and can do so again
I’m looking forward to the Radford era, but if anyone thinks he will give us the long term sustained success that Powell has, they’re deluded

Stokesey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stokesey » 12 Sep 2021, 01:33

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 01:15 It’s beyond me why people seem so keen for the Powell era to be over. The longest sustained period of success in the club’s nearly 100 year history (arguably with the possible exception of the mid to late 60s when there were lots of minor trophies about), 8 out of the last 9 years in the playoffs, three of the ten major finals in the club’s history along with what was actually its greatest achievement, finishing top of the league by 10 clear points and despite those who would say otherwise, winning one of only 3 major trophies for doing it.
I’m looking forward to the Radford era, but if anyone thinks he will give us the long term sustained success that Powell has, they’re deluded
At last some sense. A lot of our fans have got very short memories. We were in reality, the Leigh of the current super League when Powell arrived. It would not surprise me if he returns again as coach in the future

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 12 Sep 2021, 05:40

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 01:15 It’s beyond me why people seem so keen for the Powell era to be over. The longest sustained period of success in the club’s nearly 100 year history (arguably with the possible exception of the mid to late 60s when there were lots of minor trophies about), 8 out of the last 9 years in the playoffs, three of the ten major finals in the club’s history along with what was actually its greatest achievement, finishing top of the league by 10 clear points and despite those who would say otherwise, winning one of only 3 major trophies for doing it.
Great post TT.

You don't know what you've got until it's gone.

More than any other coach in my time watching Cas, during DP's tenure, we've turned up to games expecting to win or at least push any team we played all the way. It's too easy to ignore that it wasn't like that for many seasons before he turned up.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Sep 2021, 08:19

If we do reach a major final in the next two years under Radders we would have a better chance of winning it imo
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Sep 2021, 09:49

As I said, I’m looking forward to the Radford era, but it won’t be as long or consistently good as Powell’s even if we win something along the way.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 12 Sep 2021, 09:50

Why can't Radford deliver the long term sustained success that Powell has?
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 12 Sep 2021, 10:01

The Powell era ended as soon as his new job was announced. I dont think anyone actually wants it to be over, but we have just had the weirdest season that i can remember in my 50 odd years of being darnt lane.

We have been like a condemned man waiting for the hangmans noose.

I just wish the whole affair had been handled differently.

I think DP will struggle coaching a cheque book and over inflated egos rather than players who are trying to make a career.

I too can see DP coming back as director of rugby or even head coach.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Sep 2021, 10:06

I’ve just offered my opinion, only way to prove it is for us to review this thread in say 8 years time. I ‘ll be over the moon if I’m wrong and Powell and Radford have proved to be the two best coaches for sustained success in the club’s history . That would be something to be happy about.