London Broncos.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: London Broncos.

Post by the changeling » 11 Sep 2021, 12:47

Superleague is a failed experiment, for the fans anyway,

I have to be honest and say that our two seasons out of SL were the most enjoyable in respect of visiting real RL clubs, having good craic with real RL supporters (even the cappers) and no bloody segregation, everything in those two seasons seemed more honest and sporting.

The Soccer lodgers have ruined the matchday experience at Hull, Hudds and Wigan (my opinion, I dont like being corralled into a bloody sterile stadium corner) .

So maybe the sport needs to revisit its roots and start again from there

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Sep 2021, 15:52

the changeling wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 12:47 Superleague is a failed experiment, for the fans anyway,

I have to be honest and say that our two seasons out of SL were the most enjoyable in respect of visiting real RL clubs, having good craic with real RL supporters (even the cappers) and no bloody segregation, everything in those two seasons seemed more honest and sporting.

The Soccer lodgers have ruined the matchday experience at Hull, Hudds and Wigan (my opinion, I dont like being corralled into a bloody sterile stadium corner) .

So maybe the sport needs to revisit its roots and start again from there
All very good points made there. Shame the powers that be won’t listen to or entertain any of them

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Sep 2021, 10:03

So they've set up a working party, I would expect for a high cost and nice trips around, then they'll decide what suits them best individually and agree nothing.

We had Elstone as the man from outside and took no notice of him. It's a pointless decision.

We all know they want more money. Whether that's fewer clubs or expansion to new areas who get nothing (like Toronto) or selling part of the game to an external company.

There truly is no one interested in the long term future of the game only short term gain. I can't tell you the answer but I know it's not going to work with the buffoons they've chosen.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 13 Sep 2021, 11:42

Well that’s me finished with the game after well over 50yrs of watching and playing the game I have finished completely with rl to many cheats and numptys killing the game,I have cancelled sky and you don’t have to answer this post as I won’t be coming on here again nothing to do with this forum as I have said I have done with rugby league completely

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 13 Sep 2021, 17:37

Shame. But I don't think you'll be the last ocm.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Sep 2021, 18:56

Oldcasman wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 11:42 Well that’s me finished with the game after well over 50yrs of watching and playing the game I have finished completely with rl to many cheats and numptys killing the game,I have cancelled sky and you don’t have to answer this post as I won’t be coming on here again nothing to do with this forum as I have said I have done with rugby league completely
I bet you have a sneaky read 😉

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 13 Sep 2021, 20:28

Oldcasman wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 11:42 Well that’s me finished with the game after well over 50yrs of watching and playing the game I have finished completely with rl to many cheats and numptys killing the game,I have cancelled sky and you don’t have to answer this post as I won’t be coming on here again nothing to do with this forum as I have said I have done with rugby league completely
You'll be back
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Sep 2021, 20:41

I’m nearly with you.
Over 60 years, thousands spent on the club, not begrudged by the way.
Put the old lad second on occasions, even this week, I changed a few days away with him this week cos the game was changed from Friday to Thursday. Was supposed to get back Thursday for the Friday game, had to change my dates to Monday to Wednesday instead.
These are the things us die hard fans do.

Well after this season is over, no season ticket for next year, will pick and chose games I go to.
Will put family first.

Never thought I’d feel like this, but the whole game as become stale and dire.
I’ll still love Castleford tigers, it’s in my DNA.
I’ll still go to games.
But as for the sport of rugby league, I have no feeling for it.
Sorry.