London Broncos.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

London Broncos.

Post by Piquad1 » 07 Sep 2021, 16:40

Going part time next year unfortunately. Due to financial barriers. They won't be alone the way things are going.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: London Broncos.

Post by Mucky1978 » 07 Sep 2021, 17:54

Any decent players we can have for nothing?

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 07 Sep 2021, 19:28

Piquad1 wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 16:40 Going part time next year unfortunately. Due to financial barriers. They won't be alone the way things are going.
Not good news for them or the game as a whole in this country.

As a Yorkie ex-pat I've always wanted the game to thrive down here. This news is a retrograde step.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Sep 2021, 19:46

SuffolkTiger wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 19:28
Piquad1 wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 16:40 Going part time next year unfortunately. Due to financial barriers. They won't be alone the way things are going.
Not good news for them or the game as a whole in this country.

As a Yorkie ex-pat I've always wanted the game to thrive down here. This news is a retrograde step.
The amateur game to a degree is thriving in the south good young players like Kai Pearce -Paul who I believe played as a amateur for Croydon and won't be too long before he's playing in the NRL
Just a shame all these years since Fulham RL started there's no SL club in or around London at this moment in time
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 07 Sep 2021, 21:35

Mucky1978 wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 17:54 Any decent players we can have for nothing?
Shame Kieran Dixon isn't still there. I rate him and bet he'd have come cheap, only even at York now

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 07 Sep 2021, 22:42

sad really but they have been rugby league nomads in reality with all the ground moves. they could do with getting settled some where and aim for steady growth. as suffolk says the amateur game is strong down there but london skolars just seem to get worse each year.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 08 Sep 2021, 08:37

I spent some time down with their Dev officers and that in Ealing a number of years ago when I owned a business and was working with them.
I always felt the issue wasn't club related it was structural in the game and funding. They put an enormous amount of work in to pairing up jobs, with playing contracts, accommodation and trying to make a pathway, which in London with the size of the catchment should have been successful, but it always felt "in spite of" what was available rather than supported by.

The current financial climate aside, when you look behind SuperLeague, the structural organisation is awful, it reminds me of the benefits system in the 80's for people, if you knew all the options, you could be fine but very few people could understand all the hoops and as such struggled.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 08 Sep 2021, 10:07

Going part time when you were so close to super League must really hurt their fans.

I know a lot of super League clubs are struggling, including us, and I think you'll see a lot of restructuring at clubs taking place. Slimming of staff, day to day business being outsourced to save overheads etc....

It's a matter of where the game goes next as the income is shrinking. It's clear that they want fewer teams at the top table. It'll be the teams with rich owners who ride this out. We aren't one of them so need a full overhaul.

Personally I'm worried for us, wakey, Salford, Leigh, kr. There's big changes coming and I hope we're up for the fight.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Sep 2021, 11:32

mart0042 wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 10:07 Going part time when you were so close to super League must really hurt their fans.

I know a lot of super League clubs are struggling, including us, and I think you'll see a lot of restructuring at clubs taking place. Slimming of staff, day to day business being outsourced to save overheads etc....

It's a matter of where the game goes next as the income is shrinking. It's clear that they want fewer teams at the top table. It'll be the teams with rich owners who ride this out. We aren't one of them so need a full overhaul.

Personally I'm worried for us, wakey, Salford, Leigh, kr. There's big changes coming and I hope we're up for the fight.
I think is the rich teams who want fewer teams at the table, and always have done.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 08 Sep 2021, 13:18

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 11:32
mart0042 wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 10:07 Going part time when you were so close to super League must really hurt their fans.

I think is the rich teams who want fewer teams at the table, and always have done.
Yes as they will fit the criteria to what they have. So let's say 14k minimum ground as one option. That'll take a good few out.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 08 Sep 2021, 13:25

I'll be honest and say I'm surprised they weren't part-time already as the reality of juggling the finances must be enormous for a team with no significant fan base.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 08 Sep 2021, 13:28

mart0042 wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 13:18

Yes as they will fit the criteria to what they have. So let's say 14k minimum ground as one option. That'll take a good few out.
That would take half out wouldn't it? Who has a 14k+ stadium wigan hull fc leeds Warrington Sts Huddersfield anyone else?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 08 Sep 2021, 13:40

jackknife wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 13:28

That would take half out wouldn't it? Who has a 14k+ stadium wigan hull fc leeds Warrington Sts Huddersfield anyone else?
Would have to be 13,000 as that is what Stade Gilbert Brutus holds

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 08 Sep 2021, 16:48

I think the next couple of years we'll see where we are as a club. But with all that's going on in the game as a whole I don't feel so confident. They don't want us in it's as simple as that. Unless we get major investment in the club we'll just have to keep jumping through the hoops the rfl keeps throwing at us. Come on tiger fans buy a euro you never know.lol. and no I don't work for Camelot.lol.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Sep 2021, 16:49

HKR as just signed one of their prop forwards.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 08 Sep 2021, 17:08

If you're northern based and have an offer of pretty much anything, you'd take it.
It is a worthwhile commitment on a full time contract in a full time lifestyle.

Part time, will effectively mean an exodus and they'll be makeshift at best next year, loan rangers from other clubs travelling down on a Saturday for Sunday games with limited prep.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Sep 2021, 17:13

Provided Wigan Athletic don’t kick Wigan out!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 08 Sep 2021, 18:40

I would have said Catalans and Toulouse could.

Would be interesting if they said you had to own your own ground and not be minor tenants.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Sep 2021, 21:00

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 17:13

Provided Wigan Athletic don’t kick Wigan out!
don't think they can kick them out but they can hike the rent massively so they leave of their own accord.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 09 Sep 2021, 09:55

I've just read Salford might have to leave their stadium as sale and solford FC want to buy the ground. I thought solford FC had their own ground.